235 members have voted

1. 1. How do you carry your cellphone?

• I wear it on my hip
    • I wear it around my neck
    • I put it in my pocket
    • I put it in my Purse / Man Purse
    • My cellphone never leaves the house
    • I just keep it in the car

Seriously? People wear them on their hip? Happy to look like a douchebag?

wearing a cellphone on the hip gives you extremely easy access to phone. How does it make you look like a douchebag? I can't even imagine driving or doing anything else and having to dig through my pocket to get to my phone if it goes off. I once tried it in my pocket, but when ever I had the phone on vibrate I couldn't feel it in my pocket. Plus when I leave the house it's easy to pat myself down to make sure i have it.

i'm 64, keep mine in my pocket. tried the hat, but the tin-foil interfered with the connection.

many of the local unwashed set get theirs in passing from people who carry them on their hips and don't realize they're missing until later. purses and man-bags are also a favoured supplier.

After seeing the results of a friend carrying a brand new Droid Razor in there front pocket I will NEVER put a phone in any place where it can flex which includes all pants pockets. As phone makers change the designs for there smartphones to be thinner and thinner the amount of metal keeping them from flexing becomes less and less to the point where the phone flexes just enough the crack the inner screens as is the case with my friends Droid Razor, that said Motorola did make it right for him and replaced the unit with no charge since they found it to be a known problem with the lack of metal holding the phone together where the SD card goes.

Phones on hips and man bags??

Wow, how old are you guys??

I know a mobile phone isn't supposed to be a fashion statement or accessory, but phones on hips and man bags just aren't cool.

The only person I know who still wears his phone on his belt is my old man and he is 59.

Haha you are so right !!! If i saw someone with a hip phone/ Man bag my "Gay-dar" would go on full alert lol

Phones are not huge bricks any more so pockets work for me :woot:

Pockets work good for me. My wife finds that most of her clothing doesn't have a pocket though, so she is always looking for it. I use my shirt pocket or my front pant pockets. I try to pick the opposite pocket that I have put my keys.

Excellent, now I know exactly where to go when I'm stealing your phones :shifty:

I keep mine in my right trouser pocket, never keep anything else in that pocket so it doesn't get damaged and since I have pretty feminine hands its pretty easy for me to pull it out without having to dig too much :p

Well I don't live in an area where Cell phone theft is a problem. I still can't fathom putting the phone in my pocket, how inconvenient.

wearing a cellphone on the hip gives you extremely easy access to phone. How does it make you look like a douchebag?

Over here, wearing it on your hip is associated with arrogant IT techs, who think they are holstering a gun. The sort of people who wear socks with sandals. ;)

My personal opinion on this is if you wear it outside in a little pouch you are showing it off..plain and simple. No need to do that now since everyone has one, it isn't like it was in the 90's guys when having a cell phone was "COOL". I keep mine in my pocket of either pants or jacket or just won't carry it will keep in it in my vehicle till i need it sa these things are getting a bit large now..back to 90's phone sizes.

However keep this in mind I'm fully against theaters allowing them inside the building at all and I think all of them should out right ban cell phone usage period! NO more warnings on the screen..get caught even opening it up and you are ejected..the lights on them things are super strong now and should be banned.

I keep my phone in my left pocket (I'm left handed) and facing downwards, so the top is at the bottom of the pocket. When I get contacted or whatever I can take it out, spin it the right way around quickly and respond. I've tried having the top of the phone facing up but it doesn't come as naturally to me. Before my current phone I just put it in my left pocket as well, but since my previous phones were never touch screen there was nothing more to it.

Before, I used to put it in my left pant pocket. Then, I used to put it in a belt clip. Now, I put it in my left pant pocket again, screen facing leg, keys on my right pocket, wallet on my left back pocket. If I am wearing a jacket and has one of those pockets near the top and close to the zipper, I usually put it there.

I used to think the belt clips were only for old guys like many of you, so I always kept mine in my left pocket. But I figured it was a bad idea after carrying keys in the same pocket as well as a Zune, so I finally opted to get the belt clip and I haven't looked back.

The belt clip works wonderfully for me. It makes getting to the phone much easier, especially while driving (if I need to get my phone to read texts out loud to me clearly). It's also easier to hear when there's an email or text or phone call.

Thing is, I don't care anymore what other people think or how it makes me look. The belt clip works just fine for me, and that's all that matters. I think too many people are concerned about what the belt clip (or speedos, for that matter) says about them, but it's the other people that have made those stupid, idiotic associations that have nothing to do with each other.

My 2 cents.

• Like 2