Polaroid goes digital with Android camera

no f-ing way ... this is genius ... put this on a DSLR and you got a win ... imagine small tweaks that cna be made, options and quick "buttons", instant on and prefs

• Like 2

not sure how well the reception is going to be for a Camera that has all those features however, at least you can do easier firmware upgrades on a camera and add in other features to the camera years after purchase where as for the most part cameras are the way they come forever these days (or at least mine is)

I like the idea, but as one of the comments in the original article said, why not just make it a phone? The one thing all the smartphones lack is a decent lens/sensor. Add a phone to the mix and you have a real smartphone killer for those who want to take good pictures.

• Like 2

I agree that it's a bit strange to see it with this form factor. Too small to likely be a major performer quality wise, and also no phone despite sharing a phone form factor. I like the idea, but would much rather see this in a DSLR. Android on a DSLR? Yes, please! It'd be pretty nice both to share photos directly from the camera, as well as being able to post-process photos on the camera via apps you've downloaded. Either that, or make it work as a phone too. Not neither of these.

Still say we need an Android caluclator instead of calculators where the best of the best can barely run a Gameboy emulator...

ANDROID ON EVERYTHING! xD

Why would you want this on a DSLR ? if you're going to adjust photos and print directly from the camera, then a DSLR is not the camera you want, you want a fancy point and shoot or bridge camera.

I like the idea, but as one of the comments in the original article said, why not just make it a phone? The one thing all the smartphones lack is a decent lens/sensor. Add a phone to the mix and you have a real smartphone killer for those who want to take good pictures.

It's a Polaroid, it would still lack those two...

Two little drawbacks I notice from the little amount of released specs (watch the video on the linked website and pause where it shows the camera close up):

• f/ 3.1-5.6 (mostly it's 2.8-5.6)
  • 3x optical zoom (usually you get 4x, this is probably to reduce costs, weight and thickness)

Overall, the concept is very interesting, it's not for me, as I usually just shoot the video/picture with my DSLR or if I'm on the go with my iPhone.

I need to start using my compact more again :p

Glassed Silver:mac