Microsoft really has got to fix the Ctrl+C Bug (doesn't work sometimes)

Ctrl+C issue  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced the ctrl+c bug mentioned in this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Sure I have encountered it, but only in IE I believe(usually copy text in IE ). But I have associated the problem to my keyboard as my "shift key" sometimes wont recognize my key press, and ctrl being so close by. Is your keyboard working properly? 

• 1 year later...

I had this issue starting in Windows 8 on a couple of modern apps (namely Modern IE but other modern apps as well) where sometimes ctrl + c would work and other times it would not, but judging by the comments here the issue is not confined to modern apps.

When this happens it's almost (I would drop the almost, but to give some leniency to other issues) the app not responding to Ctrl+C either because its hanging or or it's simply not letting you copy paste, usually bad multi threading in the coding or your computer is badly setup and your interrupts aren't being sent/detected properly. Find the bottleneck.

3 minutes ago, JakeB said:

Edge sometime doesn't let me use right click copy or Control-C or to paste Control-V

Mash on C ... see if that works ...(Control+ c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c)

On 1/11/2016 at 9:04 PM, warwagon said:

Mash on C ... see if that works ...(Control+ c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c)

yes, and again, if mashing orks you have a irq/interrupt issue and this performance issues with your computer, something is causing the computer not to be able to catch the interrupts. 

Had this happen to me loads of times, web browsers seem to be the worst offenders. Usually these days I just right click and select copy to save myself the frustration.

17 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

yes, and again, if mashing orks you have a irq/interrupt issue and this performance issues with your computer, something is causing the computer not to be able to catch the interrupts. 

no. your explanation is not the cause of this issue. there are bugs in the framework of modern apps. you don't know what you're talking about

Just now, ZombieFly said:

no. your explanation is not the cause of this issue. there are bugs in the framework of modern apps. you don't know what you're talking about

Started around XP SP3

Gotta love the people that chimed in saying that they have never had the problem. They must not be a regular user because it happens to me a lot, and like all the others, I thought it was a problem with me. Actually the people who are saying that they don't have the problem may have said oh, its me, etc... Anyway, glad to see that I am not the only one and that I'm not crazy.

4 hours ago, ZombieFly said:

ah, is that why most of the complaints here are about web browsers, and plain standard win32 programs ....

this is a basic interrupt issue, where the interrupts from the keyboard and the Ctrl+c isn't detected because that part of the system is busy doing other things. 

• 2 years later...

Please don't lock this thread. We are talking about it on the front page and i'm going to be pointing people here. There is already a poll on the front which has lots of votes. 

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/23/2018 at 3:20 PM, warwagon said:

Please don't lock this thread. We are talking about it on the front page and i'm going to be pointing people here. There is already a poll on the front which has lots of votes. 

Thanks.

So long as the thread is still relevant I don't see why it would be locked.

I've had it happen several times, but that's why I push Ctrl+C several times before going to paste now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Noticed that in most cases it is caused when using the mouse to select a piece of text and getting something that might be hidden fields added to the selection, CTRL+C will the only copy the hidden field and not the marked up text.
Happens often with webpages and some random programs.
Never seen where spamming CTRL+C would solve it, always have to select the front of the row and use the keyboard to select the text instead to make it work.
With the good old reliable programs there is never an issue, so I doubt it is Windows nor Mac OS but the layout of these sites and programs that is the issue.