Webcams

I didn't know ANY cameras needed MMX... I guess that means your computer is REALLY old [likely a laptop]. Just look around... I've never seen a camera that NEEDS MMX b4.

-mortensenj

• 2 weeks later...

Well... You might want to look around for some free software for the camera instead of the default drivers...If you have a system that old it might be worth checking if you computer has USB on it before spending your hard earnt cash!

P.S to check for USB on Windows Me:

Right click on "My Computer" - "Properties" -"Device Manager (TAB)" Then there should be something in there called "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" If you haven't got that then I doubt you have USB

It is very unlikely that a system doesn't have MMX but does have USB. Possible but still unlikely.

I also doubt that most webcams need MMX, but if you have a processor that old you had better check the requirements because the software might not work with a processor that slow anyway.

I have a Logitech Quickcam web, and the box says that it requires a minimum of a Pentium 200 MMX. I suspect this is more down to needing the speed of the processor combined with MMX more than actually requiring MMX, so it looks like you need to upgrade!