Critique Me

I'm just getting into photography as a hobby. I've been playing with night shots, and would like some advice.

I hope to get out this weekend to start playing with things in daylight.

These are taken on a D5100, and are in the state they were off the camera.

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0264.png

DSC_0270.png

i think all 3 are properly executed but just doesn't have that something special in them, if these were shot during magic hour it would come out better. The location could also be an issue, shooting at eye level would yield eye level images which most viewers are already used to, you can possible get something more interesting with an ultra wide and getting close to a part of the subject to give more depth into the image.

I'm stuck with the two lenses I have for a long time yet. I can't afford to lay money into glass unfortunately. :-(

The photos are pretty good nonetheless, go creative and as moonman mentioned, try unusual angles or points of view in addition to the regular photos.

Pictures look great!

The composition on them is pretty good, most people seem to have a really hard time with it. I notice a lot of people think that just because their camera takes crisp photos, that every picture is a masterpiece.

They are also very vivid, which can be hard for some to master, especially night shots. Most of the time they look muddy. Not yours, yours pop!

As for finding more interesting angles, I can agree that getting low, or raising that camera super high can make for a more interesting photo. But for your photos, it's really the color and light that makes them so great.

Don't worry too much about the angles, yet. Don't be afraid to get really low or stretch your arms in the air for a few shots every now again. When I started I tried the same thing, and for a good while the pictures turned out kinda crappy. But the more you do it, the more you train yourself to look for those slightly more interesting angles. Now I do it without thinking, and produce some pretty awesome shots without putting too much time into thinking about where I want to stand.

Keep up the good work, and get out there and shoot!