"Google" Trojan

Or use firebird :D

hello? anybody home? your brain left on vacation and it's plane crashed?

this is trojan alters your HOSTS files, which is system-wide change. it doesn't matter browser or internet application you are using.

Theres a removal tool out written by symantec on there website. Or i have added a link in this post 2 it for u all.

Edited by Sawyer12

ugh... this one is a pain in the butt.

I work at a college helpdesk and each student is given a laptop. So thats 12,000 laptops with kazaa, and tons of other spyware. I've seen this stupid worm more times than anyone should have to...

:wacko:

this is trojan alters your HOSTS files, which is system-wide change. it doesn't matter browser or internet application you are using.

Hello any one there?

Firebird blocks pop-ups. Therefore, no trojan. :p

i guess if u have a totally updated antiviral application then we shouldnt face this problem right ??

Hello any one there?

it doesn't matter if firebird has popup blocker.

since people get infected not from popup.

and if system is infected, those dns changes affect EVERYTHING on your computer that uses host lookup.

Hi all,

I work for Comcast and I have seen so many people infected with this trojan.

It sets your dns settings to a manual setting so you cannot connect to the internet.

Click Start, Control panel, Network and Internet Connections, Network Connections,

Right click the Local Area Connection you are using and select properties.

In Local Area Connection Properties,

Pull the General tab forward.

Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Click the Properties button

On Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties:

Select Obtain an IP address automatically

Select Obtain DNS server address automatically <<<this is what qhosts-1 alters on win xp and 2000 machines

Now click ok, you should be able to access the net. Be sure to update your norton or mcafee asap.

Hope this helps.

Peace out.

oo420oo

Waaaahhhhhoooooo im glad i came here when i did. I saw something about google in latest posts. Iv been so fustrated for the past 4 days cause of no google or any search engine. I thought my computer hated me. Thanks for your alls help. Btw, im new to the boards but not the site.

Hello any one there?

it doesn't matter if firebird has popup blocker.

since people get infected not from popup.

and if system is infected, those dns changes affect EVERYTHING on your computer that uses host lookup.

Who do you work for dude, you know everything d@mn..

How can they do that? Is it via a VB script or JavaSctipt or something? I also have a mac, is that affected?

Internet Explorer Object Data Remote Execution vulnerability

this allows for the automatic execution of VBScript contained in an HTML file (x.hta)

Microsoft has released a cumulative patch for this vulnerability, available at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/...in/MS03-040.asp

MS03-032 patch does not protect against this attack vector. MS03-040 linked above is required.