Rumor or True? America announces war against Iran

it's still a tank regardless what wiki says

Sorry, but you are wrong. "Tank", in military terms means something very different than what people outside the military assume it does. There are plenty of types of armored vehicles and mobile artillery out there, and very few of them are actually considered tanks. The Bradley's main gun is only a 25mm cannon, which is basically a supersized machine gun. A far cry from what any knowledgeable person would consider as the main gun of a tank.

this is the only thing i can find. http://www.israelnat...65#.Txw-147gq9I

Looks the real source was not in English either? Isrealites spread the rumor?

It is left to speculation whether the rumors are based on facts or are leaked by officials to mask the possibility of secret military coordination.

The London Times said its sources explained that that Israel fears that President Obama would try to torpedo an Israel attack if more notice were given because he is concerned that Iran will respond by blocking the Strait of Hormuz, sparking a rise in the price of oil that could cripple Western economies. If the attack were to occur in the next 10 months, it would put President Obama in a tight spot on the eve of his bid for re-election.

Sorry, but you are wrong. "Tank", in military terms means something very different than what people outside the military assume it does. There are plenty of types of armored vehicles and mobile artillery out there, and very few of them are actually considered tanks. The Bradley's main gun is only a 25mm cannon, which is basically a supersized machine gun. A far cry from what any knowledgeable person would consider as the main gun of a tank.

A tank is a tracked, armoured fighting vehicle designed for front-line combat which combines operational mobility, tactical offensive, and defensive capabilities which the M2 Bradley has. Becuase it doesn't have huge main gun like the Abrams does it doesn't mean it can't still be classified as an tank so educated youself before trying to calling others unknowledgeable.

http://www.thefreedi...y.com/army+tank

Noun 1.

army tank - an enclosed armored military vehicle; has a cannon and moves on caterpillar treads.

A tank is a tracked, armoured fighting vehicle designed for front-line combat which combines operational mobility, tactical offensive, and defensive capabilities which the M2 Bradley has. Becuase it doesn't have huge main gun like the Abrams does it doesn't mean it can't still be classified as an tank so educated youself before trying to calling others unknowledgeable.

http://www.thefreedi...y.com/army+tank

Noun 1.

army tank - an enclosed armored military vehicle; has a cannon and moves on caterpillar treads.

That's an out dated definition.

Ah. Did I get in the middle of your lame troll? :rolleyes: Go away already.

You just go listen to your government news of the people - you know, the "government" that mowed down it's own citizens with tanks. They have your back brah and so should be your number 1 trusted news source.

You're far from being a wise man. You're simple-minded and belong to the kind of fundamentally ignorant and exceedingly gullible people. Whoever used tanks to mow down its citizens was not a government but a beast. Please accuse the cirminal and leave the innocent alone. Have now the mojority of Chinese people a governtment? Oh no until Mainland China has a political system (including multi-party system) like that of Taiwan.

Isn't a tank (or main battle tank) simply a subset of AFVs? Along with APC, armoured cars, IFV?

This thread has really derailed, haha.

Isn't a tank (or main battle tank) simply a subset of AFVs? Along with APC, armoured cars, IFV? EDIT: People are interchanging key words, but my point still stands.

Isn't a tank (or main battle tank) simply a subset of AFVs? Along with APC, armoured cars, IFV?

yes, an AFV is any armored combat vehicle, so tanks, APC's, Humvees, whatever.

Exactly. For the relevant portion, listen to about 1:20 to 1:50. In essence, tanks are designed to engage other tanks or other large targets. AFVs like the Bradley are designed to engage smaller targets and troops.

Gotta love it when the ****ing ignorant posters here will actually argue with people who actually have served in the military when discussing military terminology!

Oh, and wouldn't a Johnson Box essentially be a slang term for a vagina?

Exactly. For the relevant portion, listen to about 1:20 to 1:50. In essence, tanks are designed to engage other tanks or other large targets. AFVs like the Bradley are designed to engage smaller targets and troops. Gotta love it when the ****ing ignorant posters here will actually argue with people who actually have served in the military when discussing military terminology! Oh, and wouldn't a Johnson Box essentially be a slang term for a vagina?

To tag yourself as roadwarrior does not deny the possibility that you are in reality a chick. The last word in your post above has betrayed the fact of your mental inconsistency. For your spiritual health I suggest you go read "Duty, Honor, Country." Lest your risque word invites more dirty minds to join you.

Isn't this the second or third time you have asked whether your beloved Chinese news is right when stating America has declared war?

Overwhelmingly most of my beloved news were and are from NYT, Reuters, AP, Nature, Science, Lancet... :laugh:

To tag yourself as roadwarrior does not deny the possibility that you are in reality a chick. The last word in your post above has betrayed the fact of your mental inconsistency. For your spiritual health I suggest you go read "Duty, Honor, Country." Lest your risque word invites more dirty minds to join you.

Huh? Vagina is the proper word for that part of the female anatomy. Would you rather I had used ***** or ****? Perhaps you aren't reading this in English but using some sort of translation that is translating what I said incorrectly? And the only references I can find for "Duty, Honor, Country" are as the motto of West Point, and some obscure quote from McArthur. To what were you actually referring?

Overwhelmingly most of my beloved news were and are from NYT, Reuters, AP, Nature, Science, Lancet... :laugh:

I'm calling BS on that, post links to the news stories you are talking about or stop talking

still arguing about the Bradley ?

here you go from the Military website, the only thing it lists as a Tank is the Abrams

"

Bradley M2A3 Infantry / M3A3 Cavalry Fighting Vehicle "

Huh? Vagina is the proper word for that part of the female anatomy. Would you rather I had used ***** or ****? Perhaps you aren't reading this in English but using some sort of translation that is translating what I said incorrectly? And the only references I can find for "Duty, Honor, Country" are as the motto of West Point, and some obscure quote from McArthur. To what were you actually referring?

Have you used the word in a proper time and place? It was undoubtedly obscene to mention women's private part when you tried to show us the grace of a true warrior and the decency of a true soldier by touting your rich military knowledge. You've humiliated yourself.

I don't need translation, because I just thought and think in English.