What kind of mobile phone do you have?

What kind of mobile phone do you have? (primary personal phone)  

265 members have voted

1. 1. What type of phone do you have?

• Dumbphone (Nokia 3310-style, just texts and calling)
    • Featurephone (proprietary OS phones, Sony Ericsson K750i/Nokia's cheaper Symbians, basic media functionality and Java MIDlets)
    • Touchphone (proprietary OS touch, Samsung Star/LG Cookie/Nokia Touch&Type/...)
    • Android phone
    • iPhone
    • Windows Phone (7/7.5)
    • Windows Mobile phone
    • BlackBerry
    • Bada phone
    • Meego/Maemo/Moblin/other Linuxphone
    • Symbian smartphone (Symbian^3/Anna/Nokia Belle)
    • other smartphone (please specify)
  2. 2. What brand is your phone?

3. 3. Does your phone have a physical keyboard?

• YES, full QWERTY/AZERTY/... - smartphone
    • YES, number pad style - smartphone
    • NO, touchscreen only - smartphone
    • YES, full QWERTY/AZERTY/... - other phone
    • YES, number pad style - other phone
    • NO, touchscreen only - other phone
    • Other, please specify in thread.

HTC Desire, but I have an S II in the post (Vodafone sent me one on Thursday, but they sent me a refurb so it's going to be swapped for a new handset).

Sent a refurb ? Are they trying to con you ?

Sent a refurb ? Are they trying to con you ?

I was eligible for an early upgrade on January 3rd, which is 6 months before my contract ends; "Free upgrade on a ?36 minimum contract". So I went online, chose an S II and went to check out; except they added a ?145 fee.

So I put a post on the Vodafone forum expressing my displeasure, and next morning I got a call from them offering to waive the "administration" fee. So I went ahead, extended my contract for 18 months and got a ?36 contract. Vodafone text the DPD tracking number; delivery between 9:08 and 10:08. 1:45 comes round and no handset, so I call Vodafone who call DPD who say they can't get hold of the driver.

Anyway about 3:30 he rolls up, and I open the package to find a tatty S II box with a new seal plus an old broken seal underneath; I thought that was odd but opened the box anyway. The front screen protector looked like it had been removed and re-applied as there were bubbles in it. The rear sticky cover however looked like it had been removed, applied to a wooly jumped and then re-applied to the handset. I called VF who assured me that it was an honest mistake, and they didn't intend to send a refurb... So tomorrow DPD are coming over to swap the handset for a shiny new one. Goodness knows what time they'll rock up though... If it's another refurb i'll be raiding hell!

I'm surprised there are currently more votes for Windows Phone than for iOS (21 vs. 11). It's obviously not representative of the market, but interesting nonetheless.

WP is growing incredibly fast... Many people like it, and the marketing Microsoft is doing seems to work. I personally wouldn't really want to use it, but it still is the easiest Smartphone platform for anyone who just wants basic things to work and doesn't care all that much about apps. Which are quite a lot of people.

Have an HTC Titan & an Omnia 7 here. Sold my Lumia 800 yesterday (although looking at the way things are going, I'll probably end up with another at the end of the week).

Wouldn't mind an N9 or a Galaxy Nexus.

WP is growing incredibly fast... Many people like it, and the marketing Microsoft is doing seems to work. I personally wouldn't really want to use it, but it still is the easiest Smartphone platform for anyone who just wants basic things to work and doesn't care all that much about apps. Which are quite a lot of people.

Hey, I care about apps and I use Windows Phone. I just hope they keep up the momentum, because that means more major apps.

Smartphone, Android, QWERTY keyboard.

Cant stand a phone without a QWERTY keyboard and tapping on the screen like some ****ing moron.....

Ever heard of autocorrect :p ?

Smartphone, Android, QWERTY keyboard.

Cant stand a phone without a QWERTY keyboard and tapping on the screen like some ****ing moron.....

Yeah, the degree of moronness of someone tapping on the screen and that of someone tapping on a keyboard are completely different :rofl:

iPhone 3GS, running iOS 5.0.1

My fingers are too clumsy for a physical keyboard, but work fine on a touchscreen keyboard. I don't understand either. :huh: