How do I disable the touchpad on a Toshbia laptop?

^ I know that there used to be a tray icon, now however it is not there, also I remember doing a reinstall of the OS, and the I tried to install the Toshiba drivers, do not recall exactly what happened, but they didn't end up being installed. I also tried installing the touchpad drivers, but they fail to install, nothing else stated except that they failed to install.

OK now the strange thing! I ran driverscanner on the laptop, and now I just noticed that the synaptics driver is installed, listed as a PS/2 mouse... however, this version of the software does not provide an option for disabling when other mouse is plugged in, but I did adjust the sensitivity on it and it seems to be having the desired effect!

• 7 months later...

here are two option to fix this the first one is using FN+F9 key combination or using DISABLE option in mouse properties. If you are not able to fix this, you can get help by live chat on helppconline website. I had very good consumer service from helppconline.

Thanks

Mike

• 3 months later...

here are two option to fix this the first one is using FN+F9 key combination or using DISABLE option in mouse properties. If you are not able to fix this, you can get help by live chat on helppconline website. I had very good consumer service from helppconline.

Thanks

Mike

I've tried the Fn+F9, doen't work, and there is no "disable" feature in my mouse properties. I don't want to permantly disable the touchpad, just be able to toggle it on or off as needed. Nothing ever works! Updated drivers - already at current driver. Getting frustrated here.

If you provide me with the model of your laptop, I will tell you what you need to do to fix this.

Edit : nevermind im retarded you did. one minute please...

okay, you need to download and install util_flash_cards_TC40023800E.exe from Toshibas website. It should have been on your computer already, but something is not working right. Once this is installed, disabling the touchpad is definitely Fn + F9. (http://www.csd.toshi...mily=1073768663 the last page has the download you need)

On my Toshiba laptop I have a small button between my touchpad and my space bar to cut mine off. Anyway, I use a mouse and I just leave my touchpad on for those few times that I might want to use it.

On my Laptop FYI - it is FN-F5 so that is not the case for all Toshibas. (I have the c855) and can toggle it off in the BIOS through the UEFI settings. But since this isn't working on your end, then I am guessing that there is something else going on. In theory, removing the driver for the device would do the trick, but if Windows keeps seeing it and installing it with update cycles, then it can be a bear.

If you are triggering the touchpad while typing (Most common), then might want to look at this:

http://touchpad-blocker.com/ I have a Compaq V5000 ancient system that I have used that on before and it worked very well.

Or if you are brave and out of warranty, a quick disconnect on the system board will do the trick. :) (Just make sure to re-connect when you re-assign the computer to a buyer or relative. :) )

• 2 years later...

I see that this topic is really old, but here is a solution that someone may need in the future.   (July 4, 2015)

I had the problem and this is how I solved it.

1. Open Start menu and type