Windows Phone 7 Keyboard fix finally available!

I've got an HTC HD7. I just got an update notification right now, and among the other fixes available, one is listed as fixing the on-screen disappearing keyboard issue! :-)

Here's the full update information -

This software update:

* Fixes as on-screen keyboard issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

* Fixes a Gmail syncing issue.

* Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

* Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

* Fixes an email issue relation to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

* Fixes a voicemail notification issue.

I'm in the UK, on O2.

I just got notification on my HTC Trophy on Verizon today. A shame I don't have my cable with me... :-\

I'm glad to see the keyboard issue has apparently been fixed. It seemed to be happening more and more as of late.

Microsoft has 2 more months to impress me with windows phone or I am switching to android. These tiny updates are good polishing updates but I need to see more....

then you need to wait for tango and apollo for new features both will come this year tango will come in Q2 and apollo will come in Q4

8107 is maintenance update

then you need to wait for tango and apollo for new features both will come this year tango will come in Q2 and apollo will come in Q4

8107 is maintenance update

Well they just need to impress him not actually deliver. Hopefully they will show Tango at MWC (27th Feb) but that is a relatively small update and the contents of Apollo won't be revealed until May/June. It will be hard for Windows Phone to keep everyone over this period, my contract doesn't run out until the end of the year so I can decide then whether to go for windows phone apollo or go with android.

Well they just need to impress him not actually deliver. Hopefully they will show Tango at MWC (27th Feb) but that is a relatively small update and the contents of Apollo won't be revealed until May/June. It will be hard for Windows Phone to keep everyone over this period, my contract doesn't run out until the end of the year so I can decide then whether to go for windows phone apollo or go with android.

i think he want new features to be impressed with and that will happen with tango and apollo unless there is something else

apollo in Q4 which mean October to December

It's interesting, I never had this issue although I heard about it.

What exactly happened?

You would be typing something and the keyboard would just disapear. It was very frustrating. So far with this update I have yet to have it happen, so that's awesome. lol

Hey heh first post from my new Titan...loving it. Just downloaded this update, although never had this issue. My biggest concern is touch sensitivity.

Microsoft has 2 more months to impress me with windows phone or I am switching to android. These tiny updates are good polishing updates but I need to see more....

They're doing yearly major updates with a few small bug fix ones in between just like every other platform. The next big update (codenamed Apollo) is rumored to land in the fall. So it'll be more than two months before you see an update. It's also rumored that they will lift the covers off of it at MWC during late Februrary. The update should be massive since they are swapping out the WP7.5 core with Windows 8.

However, switching to Android from WP because you aren't happy with the updates is like moving from the US to Canada because you can't stand how liberal it is here. At best you'll only see a single update on Android. Unless you hack the phone, which all phones that's not possible.

Tango is just around the corner.

Im pretty such MS will make sure Tango is out till Lumia 900 hits US. Because Nokia will want it to have Skype by then else they will be at a big loss.

So whenever Lumia 900 comes out. Tango will be out too. I hope we with 1st gen phones also get the Tango update. I want Skype!

Tango is just around the corner.

Im pretty such MS will make sure Tango is out till Lumia 900 hits US. Because Nokia will want it to have Skype by then else they will be at a big loss.

So whenever Lumia 900 comes out. Tango will be out too. I hope we with 1st gen phones also get the Tango update. I want Skype!

Rumored on the latest Windows Weekly podcast Mary Jo speculated that Tango might just be all of these little updates such as LTE support, additional languages and the keyboard bug fix. Then Apollo would be shown off at MWC with a big features list and the addition of native code support followed by a fall roll-out.

Either way, we'll most definitely see or hear something new at MWC, so that's something to be excited about.

Definately. Looking at the keynotes though, I'm not seeing a Microsoft prescence. Nokia's Elop is giving one though so if there's any information on the next version it may happen then. I'm hoping they aren't waiting until after to hold their own event to showcase Apollo.