Crude load balancing intenet connections

ok, I've got a VERY capped (64k) cable modem shared over my entire LAN through a dedicated server. I also have an 0800 56k dial up connection.

At the moment, I am using MultiProxy (www.multiproxy.org) which splits the requests from my browser about 50/50 down both connections. That means I get the equivalent of about 100kbps when a page with quite a few images is downloading.

However, the 56k modem connection supports software compression and often achives >50% when downloading text, which is much faster than the CM.

Does anyone know of a proxy whereby I will be able to specify all .htm, .html, .asp, ... files to be requested via the 56k modem line?

Regards,

Dan.

woah, that's some heavyduty loadbalansing you want :)

i never heard of such windows program.

you would prolly have to go linux..using squid and some other software..

html doesn't take that long to load..don't think it will make big difference. lower ping time of cable modem will compensate for faster d/l of your dailup

Ah well. I might just fork out for a higher cap rate. I run all my Linux stuff as Virtual Machines because I can't be bothered with mainining different partitions, etc.

I spose I could try linking the modem's virtual COM port to the even more virtual virtual machine COM ports and seeing what happened. That way I could use Squid.

Thanks mate.