• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Error When Trying to Install Google Toolbar

Question

netsurfer802    0

I had Google toolbar installed on a computer and when I chose to Enable it it doesn't get enabled. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it by downloading it from the download location from Google but while it tries to install I get "Error 0x80040504"...how can I fix this?

3 answers to this question

Ntrstd    7

I had Google toolbar installed on a computer and when I chose to Enable it it doesn't get enabled. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it by downloading it from the download location from Google but while it tries to install I get "Error 0x80040504"...how can I fix this?

If I sound a bit grumpy it's because of an Oz Day hangover.

toolbar <- here's your problem

I've spent quite a few unhappy hours removing toolbars from people's computers to get them working again. The difference between a toolbar and a virus is that someone accidently installed the virus. Are you using the toolbar for SEO or traffic monitoring?

netsurfer802    0

Actually it installs per Windows when I check the Programs and Features of the Control Panel but now when I right-click on Internet Explorer and try to put a check mark to enable it ...instead of asking if I want it enabled it instead asks if I want to disable Google Help and something else...but Google Toolbar is in Firefox. I want it in Internet Explorer though. I've upgraded IE from 8 to 9 but still the same issue.