Canada VS Australia to live in?

You're delusional and manipulated by the media.

Feel free to point out where? Because the last time I checked a province (QC) getting $65 billion in transfer payments over the last 9 years out of a total pot of about $123 billion easily constitutes a serious drain.

QC accounts for 53% of all transfer payments in Canada yet has less than a quarter of it's total population. In other words - QC is a massive drain on federal resources. A charity case. And yet we see Quebecers still moaning about how badly treated they are. It's BS.

In comparison you can take a province like Ontario with a far larger population...took less than 10% of the pot over the same time period and started taking payments recently due to some farcical economic management from...you guessed it...the Liberal Party.

Canadian education & health is way better than Aussie.

No. Health is not 'way' better, and education isn't even better at all. Australian education is better.

Living costs are a major thing of debate.

Job prospective is a major thing of debate.

Real estate in Australia is way over inflated.

It's not a debate, it's easier to live in Australia.

Try buying a house in Canada without 3 minimum wage jobs; the same can be done with 1 minimum wage job in Australia.

Also, It was easier for me to get a job in Australia as a Non-PR than it was for me to get a job in Canada as a Citizen.

Crime I can't comment.

It's about the same, although I remember more 'gun' crimes in Canada.

Labrador and Newfoundland are gorgeous... But, I couldn't take the cold year round.

All of Canada is just too far North for my tastes, great places to visit though.

Australia, is gorgeous too, and warm.

I'm a Kiwi.

Obviously I will be biased.. :shifty:

Even still, though there is not too much in my opinion separating Australia from Canada, I'd probably pick Canada. Bigger = better :)

Both are friendly countries, with wealth, good education systems and healthcare and a bright future.

In all honesty though, your choice between Australia and Canada would have (a few years ago) made me say "COME TO NEW ZEALAND", because it really was a brilliant solution to this sort of dilemma. Close proximity to Australia means we can have the beaches, and excellent mountains in the South Island mean we get winter too! Also, we're cool because Middle Earth and all that.

However, of our (main) cities:

- Auckland really has no advantages over anywhere in Aus/Can and is not a particularly nice place to be imo.

- Nothing worthwhile in Wellington, unless you want to work for Weta.

- Christchurch ... *was* by far the nicest city, but not much of it left now... come back in 20 years.

Straya is the best country in the world but we don't like immigrants so don't come ;) We have the best beaches, babes, climate and great economic stability (once the current communist government is kicked out we will be back into a surplus). Unfortunately we are turning into a nanny state (ridiculous gun laws, licenses for pretty much everything etc.) but if you can see through that then it is without a doubt the place to be. As I said though we don't like immigrants so if you come here, especially if you steal our jobs like the asians/indians, then we probably will not be so welcoming :)

Never been to Australia... but I can vouch for Canadian cities being so clean you could eat off the ground in them. I don't know how they do it. It is almost a little disconcerting.

First of all NO Aussie I know actually drinks that horse **** called Fosters Lager.

I'll take Sydney over Edmonton or any other city in Canada except Vancouver any day! (I would have to think more about Sydney vs Vancouver).

Both countries have too many immigrants, the Governments and Political parties of all stripes in both countries suck!

Australia is Hot! Canada is Cold!

Australia has Aussie Rules Footy! (Real Mans Football) Canada has Ice Hockey! (both leagues stream games online!)

At this point i'd live in either country each has their pros & cons.

First of all NO Aussie I know actually drinks that horse **** called Fosters Lager.

I'll take Sydney over Edmonton or any other city in Canada except Vancouver any day! (I would have to think more about Sydney vs Vancouver).

Sydney is not the only city in Australia. I love living in a country town. Low crime rate, quiet, no problems getting around, friendly and laidback lifestyle, people are more respectiful to other than those in cities.

Sydney is not the only city in Australia. I love living in a country town. Low crime rate, quiet, no problems getting around, friendly and laidback lifestyle, people are more respectiful to other than those in cities.

Yes it is. You ask them and they'll tell you. :shiftyninja: :laugh:

Um.. yes you are... All you've done is gone around name-calling and trolling for absolutely no reason.

There's no reason for you to get all upset when somebody speaks their opinion on your beloved Australia...

1. I didn't name-call. I pointed out I thought woefully ill-informed opinions were stupid.

2. Where did I troll, exactly? Every comment I regarded as stupid, including yours, was, in my opinion, stupid. Why? Because they were ill-informed. Australia's government has it's problems and critics, like all governments worldwide. People aren't automatically hated if they come here from another background and we don't have some out of control Mafia problem.

You made an asinine comment (fear not, because in this topic you aren't alone) and became defensive because I pointed that out.

• 1 year later...

I'm living in Canada as Permanent Resident since more than 2 years and working as a computing engineer

I'd say the climate is very important in the balance, there's no comparison between the warm weather and the paradisiac beaches of Australia and the hard arctic climate here in Canada, nights at 4:30 pm in november, used to the mediterranean climate I have tomtake vitamin-D to reduce anxiety and long nights depression :(

With the upcoming new citizenship law this year I'm planning to move to Australia or NZ

Started tomlook a job remotely, hopefully I can find something with better salary to face the life cost in Australia