Mac OS X 10.7.3

I've already installed it using SU, but i'm downloading the combo update just to be on the safe side. I don't get a wifi disconnection as such, but it does take a while to re-establish a connection when my MBP wakes from sleep.

I don't have the B update and I don't plan on installing it, as long as it's not in SU. Btw, zero problems whatsoever...

This is what's happening with me, too. I even tried getting the directly linked Combo Update, and it won't install on my machine.

I haven't been having any issues with Lion for a while now, and it seems the pre-b update was causing issues with Rosetta, which I don't use, as all of my apps are now native for Intel. At this point, I won't bother with another update until .4.

It's hilarious how many people are always so quick to forget and claim that the latest version is the only version that had this many issues as launch.

I haven?t forgotten anything about my upgrades. I remember perfectly well how smooth my transitions were from XP to the first Intel Tiger, from Tiger to Leopard and from Leopard to Snow Leopard on my 3 Macs. I know Leopard generated a lot of buzz though, but it was nearly perfect for me, and I always upgraded Mac OS X on its release day.

Because I wasn?t there before Intel Macs, let me rephrase it : I have never seen a buggier / more frustrating release than Lion on Intel Macs. For example, I can?t count how many times I had to relaunch the Finder and it wouldn?t. If Windows had this problem with its Explorer, it would be hell on Earth.

And let?s not forget Windows users who made fun of us with Lion, calling it Apple?s Vista. They could have done it with Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion only, it?s not for nothing that the latter was chosen.

I did the delta update of 10.7.3 but i've noticed my Wifi network is slower from the iMac.

Previously i'd get a fairly solid 405Mbps (usually hitting 450Mbps) As I have a router that supports this speed. (Airport Extreme)

However since 10.7.3 it sits closer to between 243Mbps & 360Mbps. Nothing else, configuration-wise, has changed.

I also had the Wifi not resuming after sleep bug (didn't have it before on 10.7.2 and previous) so 10.7.3 INTRODUCED the bug to my system. However, going to the network preferences and deleting/re-creating my location seems to have fixed it.

I haven?t forgotten anything about my upgrades. I remember perfectly well how smooth my transitions were from XP to the first Intel Tiger, from Tiger to Leopard and from Leopard to Snow Leopard on my 3 Macs. I know Leopard generated a lot of buzz though, but it was nearly perfect for me, and I always upgraded Mac OS X on its release day.

Because I wasn?t there before Intel Macs, let me rephrase it : I have never seen a buggier / more frustrating release than Lion on Intel Macs. For example, I can?t count how many times I had to relaunch the Finder and it wouldn?t. If Windows had this problem with its Explorer, it would be hell on Earth.

And let?s not forget Windows users who made fun of us with Lion, calling it Apple?s Vista. They could have done it with Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion only, it?s not for nothing that the latter was chosen.

Do you know if the bugs you are mentioning are wide-spread? I really haven't come across any bugs since 10.7.1 on my MBP.

THEY CHANGED THE POINTY HAND CURSOR!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Screenshot camera-cursor changed too. (cmd + 4, then space)

New:

post-225814-0-53459900-1328614804.jpg

Old:

weather-widget-screen-capture-camera.jpg

Do you know if the bugs you are mentioning are wide-spread? I really haven't come across any bugs since 10.7.1 on my MBP.

Strange, because 10.7.1 was a let down for the time it took to be released. If you read the change log, it didn?t fix a lot. 10.7.2 did a good job though.

I couldn?t say if they?re widespread. It doesn?t happen that often, but when it happens, you have to be a long time Mac user to know how to fix what?s going on.

--

On another note, I noticed my dad was always zooming on his 20" iMac. I decided to enable HiDPI resolution for him because 10.7.3 finally fixed jaggy fonts in Safari. It gives truly beautiful results.

When he saw that, he said Apple should have done it since the beginning. When you see Windows having all those DPI features? even if they?re far from perfect, they have them. I don?t know if HiDPI resolutions are destined to be used in new Retina Display Macs or in regular Macs to make things bigger, or both. But I like where it?s heading so far.

Strange, because 10.7.1 was a let down for the time it took to be released. If you read the change log, it didn?t fix a lot. 10.7.2 did a good job though.

Well, the only bug I had was in Safari on 10.7.0. Sometimes scrolling or zooming in Safari wouldn't operate in the window that had focussed, but instead a window that was in the background. This was fixed in 10.7.1. I've had the occasional app freeze. I had some issues with my mechanical HDD a few months ago and that was causing some Finder problems, but I attributed that to bad hardware. Once that was fixed, the problems subsided.

Sorry you are having so many problems.

...you have to be a long time Mac user to know how to fix what?s going on.

And what fix is this you speak of?

Screenshot camera-cursor changed too. (cmd + 4, then space)

I hadn't even noticed that. Is that the last remnant of the old NeXT days gone?

Surprised they didn't use an iPhone though.

And what fix is this you speak of?

As I said, right clicking on the Finder icon and clicking Relaunch doesn?t do anything whatsoever. I even waited 5 minutes and nothing happened. I need to go into Apple menu > Force Quit? > Finder and do it like 10 times. It?s not a complete fix, it?s just a temporary workaround that lets me continue my work fine.

I don?t have that many problems and they don?t come back that often, it?s just that when I have them, they?re a PITA.

At least I fixed my Print button that was taking a whole minute to load, by trashing all my printer drivers and reinstalling them.

I don?t know if I have fixed my network problems though with my Time Capsule. Seems like it?s better now that I have restarted it a second time.

My main concern is really the Finder. I hate when it hangs and doesn?t want to relaunch. Or sometimes when there is no Finder window opened or minimized and I click on the icon 5 or 10 times and nothing happens. I have to do a right click and select "New Finder Window" to make one appear. Annoying. I used to have this bug in Snow Leopard too though and on my MacBook Pro too.

It's probably best if you stopped acting as if your personal experience of things is the only true one. I've seen people call Leopard "Apple's Vista" all the same.

Strange, because 10.7.1 was a let down for the time it took to be released.

It was released less than four weeks after OS X Lion's initial release... :/

Well, I must be the only person who isn't having any issues with Lion - although I can only sample 3 personal machines.

I could ask the guys at my ex-job but since they haven't complained / contacted me about fixing stuff, I can only guess it's not causing any issues there either (a few hundred boxes).

Well, I must be the only person who isn't having any issues with Lion - although I can only sample 3 personal machines.

You're not really. It's just that people who have issues go online to complain about it. People who don't have any issues won't start a thread about that, generally taken.

Bring up the cursors again, I've noticed Chrome is still drawing its own magnifying class, while Safari is still using the old "grabby hand" cursor, despite Finder using a newer one.

Speaking of which, I haven't used Chrome in a while - did they implement "full screen" for it yet?

If you mean "F11 Mode", then yes, it's been there forever.

Speaking of which, I haven't used Chrome in a while - did they implement "full screen" for it yet?

Yes, at least the dev channel has it.

If you mean "F11 Mode", then yes, it's been there forever.

Chrome's old full screen implementation wasn't really the same as what was introduced with Lion. I think MiukuMac was referring to the latter.

Bring up the cursors again, I've noticed Chrome is still drawing its own magnifying class, while Safari is still using the old "grabby hand" cursor, despite Finder using a newer one.

What cursor do you mean?

What cursor do you mean?

In Safari, go to Gmail or someplace similar and drag a mail message around. You'll still see a low-res hand cursor, even though Finder (through Cover Flow) has a much nicer, hi-res one. Seems Safari forgot to get the newer one. Not a big deal, just something I noticed.

Downloaded a fresh copy of 10.7.3 from Mac App store. Installed it on my mid 2011 iMac and Wifi does not connect on reboot or from sleep. This problem did not exist in 10.7.2.

Ironically the changelog for 10.7.3 states that it fixes this problem.

Pathetic.