30-06 Rifle Scope Recommendations

So I took the Savage 110 30-06 rifle out to the range today, and while I was impressed with the rifle, the scope failed me. I wasn't really surprised, it was a used weapon and scope. I bought somes 100 yard "sight-in" targets, and upon firing my first 3 rounds, I noticed not a single one had even landed on the paper. I had a guy watch with another scope and my rounds were landing 2-3 feet to the left on another guy's target. I had a really tight shot group, which tells me that myself and the rifle were performing consistently. I tried cranking the windage knob and it didn't seem to have any effect. I eventually screwed the windage knob out as far as it would come and it had no effect on the rounds. I packed up my stuff after 11 rounds and came home, rather then continue to waste $1.30 a round.

When I got home I propped my rifle up on the couch, took out the bolt and stared down the breech and down the barrel. I sighted the barrel on a lamp across the house, and then checked the scope, and sure enough it was pointing off to the right. Adjusting the windage knob one way or the other seemed to have no effect. To look at the scope, it's mounted securely, no uneven gaps when comparing one mounting bracket to the other, and it appears to be perfectly in line with the rest of the weapon.

I'm using a Tasco scope that came on the weapon, and I have two questions. 1) Is there an easy fix for this, such as repairing the scope myself? I've looked at the Tasco website, and apparently they're affiliated with Bushnell because their support line says "Thanks for calling Bushnell". They have a "limited" lifetime warranty, but I couldn't get in touch with any customer support people after hours to find out what that entailed. 2) If I were to replace it, what would you guys recommend? I'm new to scopes and optical sights, having mainly used iron sights for all my weapons in the past. I'd like to be able to be accurate out to at least 200 yards, but not have to make any major adjustments to also be accurate at 100 yards. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars, I'm not a competition shooter. As long as it's good enough to put a round into the kill zone of a deer or elk when I aim at it, it's good enough for me.