SoapyHamHocks

FoxE9 is an Internet Explorer 9 skin for Firefox. Default theme must be enabled for full functionality.

This is our first beta so feedback would be appreciated. Firefox 10+ supported.

post-49492-0-69421600-1328362995.png

post-49492-0-02611800-1328363008.png

Download

• Like 3
TheLegendOfMart

Installed on Waterfox 9 seems to be working fine, thanks.

+Audioboxer

Nice :)

Shame the URL bar doesn't auto expand when you go to type in it/click it. Actually not sure if IE9 even does this, but it would be good lol.

SoapyHamHocks

Installed on Waterfox 9 seems to be working fine, thanks.

Great, good to hear.

Nice :)

Shame the URL bar doesn't auto expand when you go to type in it/click it. Actually not sure if IE9 even does this, but it would be good lol.

I don't think IE9 does that either, but you can resize the urlbar by hovering between the urlbar and the tabs.

+Audioboxer

Great, good to hear.

I don't think IE9 does that either, but you can resize the urlbar by hovering between the urlbar and the tabs.

That's all I wanted :)

Phouchg

"I've been waiting a long, long time for this, my [insert two adjectives here] friend."

- Emperor Palpatine

I'll stick to the last version of Stratiform that includes IE9esque, though. It lets me take the best of both worlds without enforcing either.

bogas04

Can be we get notifications for pinned tabs??

Jan

That's awesome! Any chance you could include the option to change the colour of the back/forward buttons and also if to add the Firefox app button to the top of the window?

SoapyHamHocks

Can be we get notifications for pinned tabs??

Bug, will include in next version.

That's awesome! Any chance you could include the option to change the colour of the back/forward buttons and also if to add the Firefox app button to the top of the window?

The buttons are images so we could give them a nice transition on hover, maybe in a future version we can include some options. You can remove our custom menu button (the cog) and it will return the Firefox menu to the top of the window, there are a few bugs though.

+Frank B.

Excellent job. It's an almost perfect copy of the IE 9 UI; the only minor difference I can spot is are a few pixels toolbar height (see screenshot - FoxE9 on the left, IE 9 on the right). It's well enough done to trick Joe Users into running Firefox - install FoxE9, change the app icon, voila. :shifty:

foxie9.png

Jan

Excellent job. It's an almost perfect copy of the IE 9 UI; the only minor difference I can spot is are a few pixels toolbar height (see screenshot - FoxE9 on the left, IE 9 on the right). It's well enough done to trick Joe Users into running Firefox - install FoxE9, change the app icon, voila. :shifty:

foxie9.png

Isn't IE9 on the left and Firefox on the right? IE 9 is smaller for me :dizzy:

This theme makes me want to go back go Firefox full time <3

tsupersonic

Very cool concept :) Can't decide between this and Stratiform.

remixedcat

ha ha grabbing this to troll people with..... great job!

chrisdoland

Strange tab scroll arrows appearing and new tab tab being stuck next to the home button. New profile fixed! Not an addon issue, reinstalled all the same everything. Please scale the buttons to IE9, they are alot smaller and make clicking things like the bookmarks button difficult for us with poor eyesight.

chrisdoland

Internet Download Manager extension causes the tab scroll arrows to appear. It is reproducible for me every time I enable the IDM CC extension and disappears after disabling.

tsupersonic

Well ever since I removed this add-on, and went back to Stratiform, I can't get Firefox to place the tabs back on the titlebar. :angry: It works fine when it's maximized, but when maximized, the tabs go on the line below the Firefox button.

• Like 1
SoapyHamHocks

Top image is Ff, bottom is IE9.

IE9 scales with DPI settings, we have static images so they currently do not scale.

Well ever since I removed this add-on, and went back to Stratiform, I can't get Firefox to place the tabs back on the titlebar. :angry: It works fine when it's maximized, but when maximized, the tabs go on the line below the Firefox button.

Can you check the preference 'browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar'? It should be set to true, once you uninstall FoxE9 it should restore all the settings to the way they were before you installed.

Semtex

Wow, looks like IE9, if someone show me only browser without options or something then I will say it is IE lol, awesome :)

I've question, maybe there is possibility to use only piece of code to move tabs in same row with urlbar, without changing buttons, appbutton etc?

Semtex

Everyone be careful if you have an elaborate customization set up in firefox before using it. This thing will screw it all up, and WILL NOT restore anything to what it was previously when you remove it.

This is nice, but for some reason it didn't want to remember my "previous session" when i using it, just opens firefox with a blank page.

Didn't have any problem with uninstaling and with restore all my customizations...

SoapyHamHocks

1.0b2

Change log:

Reduced size of pinned tabs

Added titlechanged style for pinned tabs

Fixed some alignment issues with toolbars and tabs

Fixed missing bottom window border

Fixed some cases where toolbar settings would not be restored on uninstall

Added tab throbber

Download

chrisdoland

1.0b2 not showing on mozilla at the link given. Can you post a direct download on deviantart? Forgot to say thank you. You do truly amazing work.

bogas04

1.0b2

Change log:

Download

app tab notifications? :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Firefox 82 comes with a better picture-in-picture experience
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has begun rolling out Firefox 82 for users on the desktop. This update doesn’t come with very noticeable changes but does speed up the browser and includes a refined picture-in-picture experience that makes the feature easier to find for new users.

Instead of the blue, nondescript, picture-in-picture button that appeared at the side of videos before, Firefox now shows a transparent grey box on the right-hand side of the video in the lower half that explains what the button is and what it does. After the user has had a chance to read the button it will be displayed as a circular button with the picture-in-picture icon. Even when it has shrunk to this form, the icon is larger than before making it easier to understand what it does.

For users on Mac, picture-in-picture can be enabled by pressing Option + Command + Shift + Right bracket. This new command even works before the video starts so you don’t have to spend time waiting for the video to load before switching tabs. Firefox on Windows now uses DirectComposition for hardware decoded video which improves CPU and GPU usage while watching videos and improves battery life.

Another big improvement in this update is the general speed of Firefox. According to Mozilla’s release notes, websites that use a flexbox-based layout load 20% faster than before, restoring a session is 17% quicker, and opening new browser windows in Windows is 10% faster. Mozilla’s WebRender has continued to roll out to more Windows users which will make browsing even faster for that group of people.

Existing Firefox users on Windows and Mac should be automatically updated while Linux users will need to wait until their distribution maintainer pushes the latest packages. New users can go directly to the Firefox website and grab the latest software.

• By Copernic
      Firefox 82.0
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

What's new in Firefox 82.0:

With this release, Firefox introduces a number of improvements that make watching videos more delightful the Picture-In-Picture button has a new look and position, making it easier for you to find and use the feature. Picture-In-Picture now has a keyboard shortcut for Mac users (Option + Command + Shift + Right bracket) that works before you start playing the video. For Windows users, Firefox now uses DirectComposition for hardware decoded video, which will improve CPU and GPU usage during video playback, improving battery life. Firefox is faster than ever with improved performance on both page loads and start up time: Websites that use flexbox-based layouts load 20% faster than before; Restoring a session is 17% quicker, meaning you can more quickly pick up where you left off; For Windows users, opening new windows got quicker by 10%. You can now explore new articles when you save a webpage to Pocket from the Firefox toolbar. WebRender continues to roll out to more Firefox users on Windows. Fixed:

Screen reader features which report paragraphs now correctly report paragraphs in Firefox instead of lines. Various security fixes Changed:

Credit card auto-fill is now more accessible with the card type, and the card number in the card editor now available to screen readers. Printing dialog errors for invalid form entries are now reported to screen readers. Developer:

Developer Information MediaSession API has been enabled by default which allows web authors to provide custom behaviors for standard media playback interactions, giving them more options than ever. DevTools now shows server side events in the Network panel. This allows a server to send new data to a web page at any time allowing developers to see events they previously couldn't and help with lower-level troubleshooting. Download: Firefox 82.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 82.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 82.0 for MacOS | 73.1 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      Firefox 81.0.2
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Firefox 81.0.2 fixes:

Fixed an incompatibility with Twitter.com manifesting itself with the intermittent display of a network protocol violation error page Download: Firefox 81.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 81.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 81.0.2 for MacOS | 72.9 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

• By zikalify
      Mozilla adds two new badges to help identify trusted add-ons
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has launched two new badges for add-ons to help users find extensions made by and extensions verified by Mozilla. Aside from being displayed on the Mozilla add-ons website, extensions on the browser’s add-on menu will also carry one of the new badges if they’ve been awarded.

The green verified badge is awarded to extensions that have successfully completed a review process by Mozilla to ensure that it is trusted. End users that see the badge can be assured that the add-on is regularly reviewed by Mozilla and is, therefore, safe to install.

Those extensions which have not been verified, recommended, or made by Mozilla will come with a warning that states ‘This add-on is not actively monitored for security by Mozilla. Make sure you trust it before installing.’ If you want to install a non-badged add-on, you should read Mozilla’s support page on assessing the safety of an extension.

According to a previous blog post on the matter, Mozilla stated that developers looking to get their extension verified will have to pay a fee. The badge will allow developers’ add-ons to become more trusted by users and the fee helps support Mozilla’s work. Developers can pay an additional fee to the firm to have their extension appear in the Sponsored section of the Firefox add-ons website, which will aid the add-on’s visibility.

Mozilla says that it recently finished picking participants for the badge pilot review, with the process expected to end in November. If they pass the review, you’ll be able to find them, with their new badge, on the Firefox add-on website.

Gallery: Firefox Badges
    • By Copernic
      Basilisk 2020.10.05
      by Razvan Serea

Basilisk is a free and Open Source XUL-based web browser created by the developers of the Pale Moon browser. It is based on the Goanna layout and rendering engine (a fork of Gecko) and builds on the Unified XUL Platform (UXP), which in turn is a fork of the Mozilla code base without Servo or Rust.

Basilisk as an application is primarily a vessel for development of the XUL platform it builds upon, and additionally a potential replacement for Firefox to retain the use of Firefox Extensions. It aims to retain useful technologies that its sibling Firefox has removed.

Requires Windows 7 or later. Windows XP or Windows Vista are not supported.

Main features:

Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern web browsing. Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java, authentication plugins, etc.). Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions. Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode). Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet available. Support for ALSA on Linux. Support for WebAssembly (WASM). Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features. Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern ciphers, HSTS, etc. Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a more accurate color space (non-premultiplied). Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is alive and well in this browser and will not be deprecated. Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base fixed (e.g. CVE-2009-1232). Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56. Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing). Does not require walled-garden extension signing. Basilisk 2020.10.05 changelog:

Implemented the ResizeObserver API.

Implemented percentage value parsing for CSS opacity.

Updated DOM MediaQueryList to the current draft spec.

Updated CSS overflow-wrap to the current draft spec and implemented `anywhere`.

Updated the Windows widget code to be more efficient on current O.S. targets.

Performed source code cleanup (ongoing).

Fixed a crash in CSS clip paths.

Security issues addressed in this release: CVE-2020-15676, CVE-2020-15677.

Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 2 fixed, 2 defense-in-depth, 6 not applicable.

Download: Basilisk 2020.10.05 (32-bit) | Portable | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Basilisk 2020.10.05 (64-bit) | Portable
      View: Basilisk Website