Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

Searched like for the existing thread but can't find it.

If a MOD can please merge, but otherwise.....

A photo of a poster has surfaced. A bit of glare, but.....

Of particular interest is the robot/mech-suited figure.

post-347280-0-35054600-1328604725_thumb.

EDIT: Nevermind, last Superman wasn't a reboot just continued the existing story....still, do they really need to reboot everything? :unsure:

General Zod (outline in the clouds - Michael Shannon) and Faora (Kryptonian female serial killer from the older comics - Antje Traue) are the main villains. Faora was toned down considerably (!) and renamed Ursa in the Richard Donner films. The storyline takes major cues from the series Superman: Birthright.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

UK actor Henry Cavill as Superman, in a uniform remeniscent of the new comics shorts-less version. No muscle suit - that's all him.

post-347280-0-17873700-1328606570.jpg

post-347280-0-66278300-1328606577_thumb.

Michael Shannon (Zod) interview -

The Playlist....

>

The "Bug" actor almost didn't make the "Mud" shoot, though, because of his strict commitments as General Zod in the new Superman flick "Man of Steel." Shannon admitted to having a blast on set, and talked highly of both Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill. "Henry is a fantastic Superman, he?s got a little edge to him and he?s smart, clever and I had fun working with him," Shannon stated, but his greatest compliments were for his director. "I think Zack is the master stylist, visually, I mean he?s up there with Scorsese in my book in terms of visual composition, orchestration, etc." Certainly not a bad filmmaker to be compared to. He also confirmed that "the whole thing is edgy in a way like when Nolan took over the Batman franchise," something that was expected when originally announced but has been somewhat doubtful in some camps, no thanks to the tragic "Sucker Punch."

>

And while filming at Edwards Air Force Base in California Henry Cavill took time out to sign autographs & get on with the troops -

http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123288261

120131-F-OW661-005.jpg

120131-F-OW661-004.jpg

I still would have prefered Tom Welling. 10 seasons of smallville i just picture him when i hear of a superman movie lol

• Like 1

I still would have prefered Tom Welling. 10 seasons of smallville i just picture him when i hear of a superman movie lol

same here.

It's actually not far off the current version in the comics, but with the piping instead of an armor-y look.

1307917317237.png

i don't like that suit either although it's a tad better.

Tom Welling?

He's more wooden than an oak tree!

Which is not good when they're talking about an aggressive, far less boy scout Superman who hits the point of being "an angry God" during the film. Welling would need meth to do that, while Cavill has the acting chops to begin with.

Welling was fine for the TV show (even thought his version of superman was incredibly dumb most of the time), but certainly not for a major film.

What's with the "angry God" thing? I want to know now!

First - Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov in The Wall Street Journal:

Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

Source of for the original comment, one which has been repeated - often - by the current production staff.

http://www.hamilton....on-to-hollywood

Thomas Tull '92 Discusses His Journey From Hamilton to Hollywood

Thomas Tull '92, founder, chairman and CEO of Legendary Pictures (the company jointly responsible for producing the films Batman Begins, Superman Returns and 300), spoke to Hamilton students on April 17 in Wellin Hall about his journey from Hamilton to film production. Tull expressed appreciation for Hamilton's impact on establishing his success, and reciprocated by screening never-before-seen footage of Legendary Pictures' upcoming Batman sequel, The Dark Knight.

>

Legendary's roster of upcoming films includes a wide variety of properties, including Watchmen (from the renowned graphic novel), Akira (a remake of the popular Japanese anime film), a Superman sequel (in Which Tull hopes to invoke more of the image of "an angry god")....

>

And - many of the early plot/origin elements come out of the Superman: Birthright series -

Birthright01cover.jpg

I was excited when I first found out that this movie will be much darker than the previous Superman movies. It's about damn time that Superman is shown in a more realistic way.

Superman movies are just like Superman games. Average at best so i don't have high hopes for this but ill watch just cause im a comic fan.

• 7 months later...

Nolan Taking "Naturalistic Approach" to Superman

Writer David S. Goyer discusses approaching the Superman reboot.

Writer David Goyer has been discussing his plans for Superman in the forthcoming superhero reboot Man of Steel.

Speaking at the Rome Film Fest (which Collider found via Bad Taste), Goyer discussed the more realistic approach that he, producer Christopher Nolan and director Zack Snyder were taking to the material.

?What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is try to bring the same naturalistic approach that we adopted for the Batman trilogy.? he explained. ?We always had a naturalistic approach, we want our stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in.?

Goyer explained that approach is more difficult when you are dealing with an alien than when you are dealing with a crime-fighting billionaire playboy.

?It?s not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn't necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would the presence of Superman in the real world have??

Question is, do audiences want to see a ?real-world? approach to the Man of Steel?

Nolan Taking "Naturalistic Approach" to Superman

Writer David S. Goyer discusses approaching the Superman reboot.

Writer David Goyer has been discussing his plans for Superman in the forthcoming superhero reboot Man of Steel.

Speaking at the Rome Film Fest (which Collider found via Bad Taste), Goyer discussed the more realistic approach that he, producer Christopher Nolan and director Zack Snyder were taking to the material.

?What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is try to bring the same naturalistic approach that we adopted for the Batman trilogy.? he explained. ?We always had a naturalistic approach, we want our stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in.?

Goyer explained that approach is more difficult when you are dealing with an alien than when you are dealing with a crime-fighting billionaire playboy.

?It?s not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn't necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would the presence of Superman in the real world have??

Question is, do audiences want to see a ?real-world? approach to the Man of Steel?

I am kind of sick of this approach.

It's quite strange/funny when they describe that Superman might be like an Angry God. In 2014 they are making the first proper Hollywood Godzilla movie and he is being portrayed in the same sort of way. David Goyer from the Dark Knight is writing the Godzilla film.

2016 Superman vs Godzilla.