IPB "Best Member" feature?

Not a bad idea actually. I'm in favour of it. Although I do have one concern - will this cause uproars amongst members? For example if someone was voted a helpful member or a known member, I'm sure there will be a case where another member complains and says something like "How could that be? I'm obviously more helpful than him/her blah blah blah" I just don't want any of that.

Not a bad idea actually. I'm in favour of it. Although I do have one concern - will this cause uproars amongst members? For example if someone was voted a helpful member or a known member, I'm sure there will be a case where another member complains and says something like "How could that be? I'm obviously more helpful than him/her blah blah blah" I just don't want any of that.

if you care that much about what someone thinks of your post vs someone else's post, you need to go get a life :yes:

if you care that much about what someone thinks of your post vs someone else's post, you need to go get a life :yes:

LOL, there are people who are like that though. And yes, often they do need a life ROFL.

Whoever started this idea. Good job man!:):)

why thank you, i think its one of my better ones lol.

i dont think im alone when i say im sick of the amount of post ###### spammers, its died down a bit at the moment, a few months ago it really annoyed me.

anyways, hopefully this may one day get implemented and we can get rid of the star:D:D

keep up the support neowinians!

No don't get rid of the stars, they look pretty. :)

Just get rid of the "Posts: xxxx" tag. Those are annoying. Oh you got 20000 posts and I only got 1000, don't worry I will get there. This annoys me. Not the starts. They looks cool. :whistle:

if you have a rating system that goes e.g. from 1-5, it's prone to abuse. most people will vote 1 just to troll. if you want proof, check the swg forums, where there are even rating wars between galaxy subforums. almost all threads are lowrated.

His old posts do not get deleted when you get the status banned. He cannot post anymore once after the ban has been completed. Like now. :)

i want tom servo back :cry: he was smarter and more realistic than 1/3 the members we still have :ninja: though questionably less mature... :unsure:

he was mature enough, he just had the balls to say things the way he wants :)

Eh I don't like it. We obviously have members here that are more well liked than others. There will be people that won't give someone any credit because they simply don't like them. Then you have a nice member who posts something that possibly isn't helpful, and people will rate it good. As much as some may think it wouldn't happen that way, I really think it would. Just take a gander through the forums to see what some people post. This rating system would simply turn into a popularity contest. "Ooohh...xxxx is cool. I don't care that his post wasn't helpful, but he's a nice guy so I'll rate it helpful. But I don't like yyyy. He had a good post, but he was a jerk to me before in that one thread last year, so screw him" Sooner or later you'd have people giving good ratings for someone posting a joke they thought was funny in the Jokes forum.

As much as I dislike the post count, I think this could possibly get worse. People already know who is helpful and who isn't. As far as newbies, it will take them all of a week to figure that out as well. You guys all know who the helpers are, and who the bad ones are. What will a number tell you that would add to that?