Father Shoots Daughter

This guy is awesome. He's so right too, I see so many people that think the world owes them everything. Hell people I graduated from high school with think people should still do things for them. It's like no dude, you want something, get off your lazy ass and work for it.

Kids never ever did get it.

What do you think adults said about kids in the 50 and 60 when they were getting out late listening to rock'n roll music ? Back then rock'n roll music was the demon.

Disrespecting your parents has always, and will always be the demon in my book.

WSOC-TV....

YouTube dad says authorities pay visit; Daughter gets job offer

YouTube dad says authorities pay visit; Daughter gets job offer

A local father who captured worldwide attention after posting a YouTube rant about his daughter is now responding to all the attention.

Tommy Jordan, from Stanly County, got mad after his daughter complained about doing chores on her Facebook page.

In the video, titled "Facebook Parenting for the troubled teen" shows Jordan pull out a gun and shoots his daughter?s laptop.

The video received more than 21 million views in five days.

?Pay you for chores?? Jordan said in the video. ??Are you out of your mind??

The former Marine wrote on his Facebook page that Child Protective Services officials came to his home in Stanly Co. on Saturday and interviewed him and his daughter ? separately ? after viewers of the video called with concerns about his actions.

He said the police also stopped by.

?The police by the way said ?Kudos, sir,? ? Jordan wrote. "I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How?s about those apples? Didn?t expect THAT when you called the cops did you??

Police officials in Albemarle told Channel 9 ?they have received dozens of calls and emails asking why they haven't done anything about the video. ?Officials said Jordan lives outside of city limits, so his actions are outside of their jurisdiction.

Officials at the Stanly County Sheriff's Office said there are no laws against what Jordan did, so they will not be investigating the matter.?

In the Saturday Facebook post, Jordan said he does not regret making the video and stands by his decision to post it.

Jordan's post also said if he had to do it again he would, ?" Not be smoking a cigarette ... not have used the word "ass" in my comment directed at my daughter ... would have worn my Silverbelly Stetson, not my Tilley hat if I'd known that image was going to follow me the rest of my life and I'd probably have cleaned my boots."

If there is a bright spot for Jordan's daughter, it appears she has at least one job offer from an ice cream shop in the town of Stanley. The offer was posted on YouTube Friday after Jordan's video went viral.

And you do?

Crap. All I've seen here is two groups of people: one that understands this guy and his reasons (agreeing or not with his methods), and another pretending to know better (if not EVERYTHING) and saying "THAT IS NO WAY TO EDUCATE YOUR CHILD! HE SHOULD BE DOING THIS OR THAT". Get over it, he DID NOT beat her, he DID NOT shoot her, and he DID NOT point the gun at her, he shot an effing machine, an object, a thing that belogs to him and no one else. That IS NOT child abuse (contrary to the video of that judge beating the crap out of his screaming doughter repeatedly with a belt while his wife supports it). If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, pretended to tell me how to educate my children I'd beat the whole crap out of that person, no questions asked.

Understand this: you may or may not agree with this guy, you may have different points of view and you may have acted in a different way. That's fine. But you might try to analize the fact that this guy lives in a different context than you, the high horse riders, do. His situational, social, environmental, educational, cultural and family context is not the same as yours, so this could be one of the best lessons given to his offspring.

So stop pretending you know better how to educate his doughter.

This is the best point. in some distance compared to with most posts here and if I can add to this:

What do you do when your child refuses you NO all the time and rebels and YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED all manners of DIPLOMACY, how do you do it with friends and enemies? ACTION. So he took ACTION that didnt harm anyone.

Case closed here!

I wish he could be more of a stereotypical representation of an american. I tired of this weak "dont do that" parenting people get from blogs, I live in California and that **** is everywhere. Money to make your own bed? HA

There is nothing wrong with paying your children for making there bed, but if you due, I hope you also charge them for the use of the bed.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with paying your children for making there bed, but if you due, I hope you also charge them for the use of the bed.

Bingo! After I started working off the farm I paid my parents rent.

• Like 1

Dad went off the deep end. Probably alienated his daughter for good.

I agree. He went too far. Humiliating her daughter publicly?!

Shooting a laptop, was the not the best thing he could have done, as a parent. This video seemed a bit weird to me.

May be, next he'll shoot her for another mistake.

He couldn't handle disrespect? Sure, he deserve some respect. But to show his inability to do so, and finding this as the only way to solve this? Regardless of what most people think, I'd call it bad parenting. Or even bullying, because it was his "little revenge" and he took pleasure out of it.

He could've just hid the laptop, or even kept it for his own use. But that was literally teaching his kid violence!

I suppose in his case, he should have hugged her and said it was alright? his laptop, his money, his choice. I think about this over and over and.. hot damn, I'm NOT buying a l edaptop so my kids can smear me around the social facebook site. -no. except, I'd use 12 gauge ammo

my advice to those who don't have kids.. shut up!! you have NO room to tell those who DO have kids, what is right and proper punishment

Right. Because there are better solution that must mean giving in to the kids and not teach her a lesson.

There are many kinds of choices. This man made a not so great choice and what does his daughter learned from this? Be respectful to others? Appreciate her parents? Frankly, no. She just learned her toy will blow up if her parents are mad.

If you automatically associate kids laptop usage means smear campaign for you, you eitherneed a reality check or work on your self-esteem.

And you do?

Crap. All I've seen here is two groups of people: one that understands this guy and his reasons (agreeing or not with his methods), and another pretending to know better (if not EVERYTHING) and saying "THAT IS NO WAY TO EDUCATE YOUR CHILD! HE SHOULD BE DOING THIS OR THAT". Get over it, he DID NOT beat her, he DID NOT shoot her, and he DID NOT point the gun at her, he shot an effing machine, an object, a thing that belogs to him and no one else. That IS NOT child abuse (contrary to the video of that judge beating the crap out of his screaming doughter repeatedly with a belt while his wife supports it). If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, pretended to tell me how to educate my children I'd beat the whole crap out of that person, no questions asked.

Understand this: you may or may not agree with this guy, you may have different points of view and you may have acted in a different way. That's fine. But you might try to analize the fact that this guy lives in a different context than you, the high horse riders, do. His situational, social, environmental, educational, cultural and family context is not the same as yours, so this could be one of the best lessons given to his offspring.

So stop pretending you know better how to educate his doughter.

Nerd rage?

So by your logic, you understand her daughter more ?

Lol

There's nothing wrong if your parents asks you for a charge for using the bed.But if they do, i hope you also charge them for taking care of them if they ever got sick.

Holy **** I wish I was as certain about at least one thing in my life, tell me oh enlightened one, how have you come upon the truth of parenthood, show us some devine scripture that says "this is the way of raising your children and it shall be done no other way,"

Every single letter I have posted in this thread and in others is (mostly) my opinion. I repeat that I believe the dad and the daughter were at fault. Dad should have reacted different (but should have reacted) and daughter should have not done what she did.

I mean you are just being naive, this political correctness has gone mad, the kind of world you are thinking of does not exist yet

It doesnt exist now and it will never exist (it will get worst). But the 60, 70, 80, etc had their share as well.

and to raise your kids without some harsh lessons about the reality that does just means you are raising a generation of people who have no idea how to fend for themselves and would not survive for five god damned minutes outside the comfort of the city walls.

"enlightened one", please tell me how many adults have not been able to survive five minutes outside of the city.

If you want we can count the homeless as people who were not brought up right or the way they should as a example: 100 000 000 people are homeless in the world in 2005. There were about 6 500 000 000 people in the world at that point. Think about it.

On that note, why should anyone leave their city or a city? I prefer cities and do not like rural areas. Although nice, I just prefer it.

And no, don't tell me "oh you have never been there" because I lived 14 years in a city and 10 in a small rural town and I'm dying to go back to the city.

Also please don't make any assumptions about me or my family we share a love and respect you could not even understand

I cant understand the love and respect your family has and I cant do that about the poster above me either. I can say opinions.

I got beat as a kid and I am completely fine as an individual, I love my family and they love me back you are just ****ed that im not a brutal psychotic serial killer because I recieved a few rightful beatings as kid.

Where in the **** did I say that because you got beat when you were a kid did you turn out bad as a individual or turned into brutal psychotic serial killer? Please ****ing tell me. DO NOT tell me things I have never wrote. What I said is that it was WRONG. Don't ****ing mix things up just because you want to get your point across and want it to be correct. Your opinion is just as valid as mine. Your opinions are obviously different. Period. But don't ****ing say **** I didn't say, thats blatant disrespectful and shows you have not read my post at all and tried to see things from my point of view.

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, pretended to tell me how to educate my children I'd beat the whole crap out of that person, no questions asked.

Clearly you aren't ready to be a parent. Responsible adults don't act like that.

• Like 3

Clearly you aren't ready to be a parent. Responsible adults don't act like that.

This, the thing about being a parent, you dont know how to be one till you are one. Being a parent is a job, a very hard job and like any hard job, you always start out close to no knowledge. Sure you can start from a base on how you were brought up and what you see around you but that in no way means you cant or shouldnt look for advice from others doing the same job.

Stating that you will beat the crap out of someone for even stating advice is a clear sign of someone who isnt ready or even should be a parent.

I can't believe how narcissistic kids are these days. Posting things like this on Facebook of all places. Public services like this are not the medium for complaining about ANYONE. I respect this guy, a lot for doing this, but I'd hope most parents would put their foot down sooner.

Wow, have we met before? If we hadn't, how dare you tell me what I am ready for or not? The world must be an incredibly flat place to you, i guess.

Sure you can start from a base on how you were brought up and what you see around you but that in no way means you cant or shouldnt look for advice from others doing the same job.

Stating that you will beat the crap out of someone for even stating advice is a clear sign of someone who isnt ready or even should be a parent.

There's a difference (a huge one) between stating and taking advice and telling people what they should do (which is what's been going on here). By the way, my answer above also aplies to you.

Wow, have we met before? If we hadn't, how dare you tell me what I am ready for or not? The world must be an incredibly flat place to you, i guess.

There's a difference (a huge one) between stating and taking advice and telling people what they should do (which is what's been going on here). By the way, my answer above also aplies to you.

I think you have self-esteem issues.

It's how YOU take it. I could say "you shouldnt spank your kids", you can be seen as "stating" or as "advice", it's completely up to the person on how they take it. You made a bold threatening statement of "beat the whole crap out of that person" over someone saying "something". Regardless of the fact that ANYONE saying ANYTHING is just someone voicing themselves. In the end its up to YOU on whether or not you ignore what anyone says. So making a comment like that say a ton about the type of personality you have. It's easily seen as a personality that shouldnt be around kids.

Clearly you have some issues that need working out.

I think we can all agree that the kids these days are horrible.

And you know why?

Because of fail parents, and the guy in the video is not one of those fail parents, in case you're wondering.

It's those that prefer to hug the kids instead of disciplining them.

I don't have kids of my own but I have a lot of nephews and nieces that are complete *******s all because their parents (my siblings) are acting cool and modern.

That's the reason why I don't have kids, and I don't want any now, I will fail horribly, I suggest you guys forfeit any future plans to have kids, unless you can discipline them.

• Like 1

Precisely. Mom & Dad aren't there to coddle and be a kids 24/7/365 buddy. When it comes time to lower the boom for bad behavior then the gloves have to come off, and if that means destroying a favored toy that's been used repeatedly in an offensive manner so be it. How this is done is a matter of style and his, being a former Marine, was with his .45 pistol. I give him 9/10 on style points only because I'd have used a 12 gauge shotgun.

• Like 1

good for the dad, and definitely a different approach to parenting. how many of you all had to do chores as a kid? how many hated doing them?

I had to, and didn't like it, but isn't that part of growing up. I mean parents feed you, clothe you, put a roof over your head the least you can do is help out around the house. I see way too many spoiled brats these days that take everything for granted, bitch and moan when they don't get there way, and yet there are still too many push over parents. This dad in this video is not one of those

• Like 1

That is bad parenting. If he was a good parent then his daughter would have never acted like that. He gave a bad example in parenting. His example creates hatred. What he should have done in the first place (years before all this) was to prevent her to have a computer in her room (she needs a computer for school work). Use online parenting services like "OpenDNS". Open DNS has great parenting features (you can block social networking sites). You have to show them who the parent is, not who the enemy is. What he just did was he forced her to submit and now he claims their getting along better than before. Of course they are because she most likely feels helpless and can't do anything about it, which she in turn has no choice but to submit to her parents. Obviously he is quite irresponsible about maintaining their children's online activities. For god's sake, he is an IT person. He is a parent who teaches his children to rebel against him. Having strict online rules and control of what their children can do online in the first place would have prevented this who thing. It is his own damn fault for this whole drama scene.

That is bad parenting. If he was a good parent then his daughter would have never acted like that.....

>

A sign of pure cluelessness regarding teenagers.

First: getting around OpenDNS etc. is easy enough that kids trade methodologies.

News Flash: no matter how good a parent you are, your parenting style or how hard you try, X% of teens will be intolerable pains in the ass, requiring their patents to evolve into "enhanced" discipline - sometimes like this. If you don't get this, please don't have kids.

• Like 1

A sign of pure cluelessness regarding teenagers.

First: getting around OpenDNS etc. is easy enough that kids trade methodologies.

News Flash: no matter how good a parent you are, your parenting style or how hard you try, X% of teens will be intolerable pains in the ass, requiring their patents to evolve into "enhanced" discipline - sometimes like this. If you don't get this, please don't have kids.

Like I said, he is an IT guy, so he should have known to control computer usage in the first place. Parenting features have been around for awhile. You can block Facebook for a certain period of time or indefinitely. It was childish on how he handled the situation. Don't stoop to their level or they will get the best of you. And that is what happened with his daughter, she got the best of him because he stooped to her level. Plus his emotions got the best of him.

Like I said, he is an IT guy, so he should have known to control computer usage in the first place. Parenting features have been around for awhile. You can block Facebook for a certain period of time or indefinitely. It was childish on how he handled the situation. Don't stoop to their level or they will get the best of you. And that is what happened with his daughter, she got the best of him because he stooped to her level. Plus his emotions got the best of him.

This has nothing to do with computer usage to begin with. It's a basic teen rebelling against the wants of her parents. Those wants of her parents is nothing more then them wanting her to learn being responsible. Such as getting a job and doing basic home chores. The FB post was just the straw that broke the father's back in this case. Her ranting about her parents being parents. At some point being a parent you have to say enough is enough. What he did was perfect, it now forces her to be responsible, getting a job, if she wants another pc. Had he not killed that laptop, chances are she would have played the "Im sorry daddy, it wont happen again" card and prob got the laptop back in an x amount of time. Now the options are, she has to do major ass kissing and start doing what's asked of her around the house to get him back on her side or she has to go out and get a job to get her own laptop.