Lenses - Where to go

Hey guys, It's that age old question of "What lens should I get?" I will start with what I currently have

Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6

Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6

Canon 50mm F/1.8

(Canon 7D)

I LOVE my 10-20mm and my 50mm is pretty standard and it's the one I have used most often since I got my 7D. As you can tell I don't really have any "Midrange" zoom lenses. I feel I need something in the middle with big zoom as I do photography at airsoft every other week now and the amount I changed lens was amazing and dangerous (If I have a lens off and a BB happens to go for the sensor the entire camera will be screwed)

I'm tempted by the Canon 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Yes, I'm aware it's the 7D's kit lens) because of it's range.

What lenses do you recommend? The cheaper the better to be honest (Bought the 7D 3 weeks ago spending the same again on a lens this fast isn't something I can justify (or afford) really :p)

Nicholas-c

I personally think the Canon 24-105 f/4L is a good investment. It's not really cheap per se, but I think it's reasonably priced for a L series, and they hold their value really well :p (Honestly though it's pretty much the only lens I have attached to my 60D most of the time... I don't even bother with my 70-200 f/2.8L most of the time.)

I'd say the 17-50/2.8 is a good bet (be it the Canon, Sigma or Tamron version).

Though it would be a great lens (And one I may consider actually!) I'm after something with a little bit more range... Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 About the same price as the 17-50 but variable aperture...

I had the tamron 17-50mm on my Nikon D300s and older cameras for years. This is a fantastic lens. However, it depends on the range you need. I replaced that lens with the Nikon 24-120 F/4 the day Nikon released it hehe. I think I still have the tamron siting in one of my bags

Tamron has a new 24-75 f2.8 OS or IS or VS or w/e the hell they call it :p It's supposed to be really good.

If you're on a budget, there's also the Sigma version of that lens, but no IS.

Both of those are full frame, allowing you to grow into a full frame body if you want.