Do you like the Windows 8 logo?

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Windows 8 logo?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It could be ok with the following adjustments (specify below):

1. Send it to MS and tell them you've fixed it. Obviously, working many hours without breaking sweat like, no doubt, the design agency that made the official one, would like to claim.

2. ???

3. Profit!

Haha.. good idea :p

Why is that your biggest gripe? Many of the tiles on the Start Screen are rectangular, which is why I'm glad Microsoft went for this idea.

Callum ... These arent the rectangles that the tiles are. Neither are they square. They are something in between. When you look at square tiles from such a perspective they look narrow. not wide. And guess what?

I replicated the MS logo and do you know they started with squares? because i made 4 squares. Then i applied perspective effect on them without reducing width and thats the logo i got.

I can understand the reason for this. To make the logo wider and have more flatter looking tiles. But then why the perspective? Sometimes you have to ask yourself. MS tiles are digital squares hanging in space. in a 3d environment and they are flat. They cannot stretch like gum. And this logo makes me feel like the tiles are stretching. not moving or sliding. This projects stretching to me and not motion. IMO.

oh.. and this logo took me 1minute to make. I dont know if MS got it made for free or what.

my other gripe is that the type could use some work. Like the Wi.. the dot of i looks kinda weird. It always did with this font. Maybe reducing the W width or something. Im not a typography expert but thats something the text gives off and i can be certain of that. And i know its always been that way. I just think if they are getting a new one made. Why not work with a different type?

Its just that the original flag logo is really balanced. And it looks super cool in a circle or square border.

But as evident.. theres not much you can do with these 4 squares. So this is pretty much 99% what can be done with such a shape and idea.

the other 1 perfect is using a headone view which will look dead. or a more accurate perspective rendering the logo too narrow.

Again i say. In windows. Digitally. make the logo dynamic. let these tiles flip and move a bit. Will add so much..

@Zain, that looks ok, but I LOVE the one in the Developer Preview where the start menu button previously was.

Everything about metro so far for me is screaming FAIL in the design department!!!!!! Sort it out MS!

I love it! I've always disliked the idea of the four different colours in one logo, but I love this new idea of the colour changing depending on how the user has personalised their operating system?I thought that would be a good idea when I first saw the different coloured logos they used for Windows Phone; however, I love this idea more because the entire logo is filled with that one colour the user has chosen. I am looking forward to seeing how they demonstrate different colours while marketing. In regard to the shape of the icon used?I love that, too! It screams "Metro!" It looks like four tiles on the Windows Start Screen, it looks like a window, and it effectively captures the motion and feel of the tiles. This is a brilliant design, and it has reignited my excitement for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

No.

It's a logo, nothing special, don't get all the hate people, not like you will be looking at it all day or something like that, get over yourselves

You will be looking at it all day though if you use your computer a lot. It'll be on the case of your computer, all over your desktop, probably on keyboards in the future too. :p

You will be looking at it all day though if you use your computer a lot. It'll be on the case of your computer, all over your desktop, probably on keyboards in the future too. :p

i dont have any windows logo on my case (other than product sticker thats hidden on the other side. and in windows 8 there is no start button so you wont see it there. but yeah your right we might start seeing it on keyboards but i dont think it will look to bad there

No.

No to what?

@Zain, that looks ok, but I LOVE the one in the Developer Preview where the start menu button previously was.

Everything about metro so far for me is screaming FAIL in the design department!!!!!! Sort it out MS!

Everything about Windows 8's Metro design is screaming "WIN!" to me, and many others, so Microsoft don't need to change it (possibly messing up what seems like a refreshing, vibrant, and attractive design).

Logo is too plain, the perspective of the logo doesn't look right... the color is too bland... at least use 2 colors, even a gradient or something gah!!

It looks like some random tech company logo that makes boring products, I wouldn't look twice at it due to its blandness... so, people who say it's eye catching what are you smoking??

No to what?

Everything about Windows 8's Metro design is screaming "WIN!" to me, and many others, so Microsoft don't need to change it (possibly messing up what seems like a refreshing, vibrant, and attractive design).

Well guess what.

Everything about Windows 8's Metro design is screaming "FAIL!" to me, and many others, so Microsoft need to change it (possibly messing up what seems like an already bad idea).

Needs more color and pizzazz.

Why not purple, pink, orange, and turquoise? Lol.

Just kidding.

The folks here at Apple are all rolling around the floor.

In a fit of rage I assume because the logo has hard edges and therefore isn't something that can be stolen and integrated into an Apple product? <3

• Like 1