One week to go!

One week to go!  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about the Consumer Preview?

• OH MY GOD YES
    • Not really, no

One week today we'll all be living the high life with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview! Excitiiiing!

... Or is it? I dunno, you tell me.

Are pointless polls like this even allowed? Am I going to be banned? ANSWER MY QUESTION.

I've been excited about every new Windows version since 95, but not now. To me Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with some really bad UI changes.

? i did not know i could have all the new UI changes all new features Ms has talked about on the windows 8 blog all in windows 7 omg wow

? i did not know i could have all the new UI changes all new features Ms has talked about on the windows 8 blog all in windows 7 omg wow

Apparently you don't know how OS development works. Did you think Windows 8 was written from scratch?

I'm as excited as I am to be at work. Here's a hint, that isn't very much.

With that said though, I do have a spare laptop around the apartment, so I'll probably end up seeing if it can run Windows 8 and I'll have a look around at what it has to offer and how it handles on a non-touch device.

As a developer, I'm looking forward to this very much. I can't risk any harm to my primary workstations, so I will likely run it in a VM via VirtualBox.

Not really all that excited about it. Most likely I will install it on a laptop i have laying around but beyond that i am not going to be doing much with it.

im excited like HELL!!!...

i wana put all my data on my skydrive.

I wana install the CP on all my friends PCs with 1gb RAM.. so they can enjoy the latest aswell.

I wana get used to metro.. so i am familiar with it when tablets launch :D

what else.. i wana see how if i can get used to old Aero UI.

Apparently you don't know how OS development works. Did you think Windows 8 was written from scratch?

No i thought it came from Fairy dust and Stripped Cats. no crap dude but ther is so much new in windows 8 at its core and new features that it is not windows 7 with a Skin you people some anyways not all but some of you say this all the time you think when a new Os comes out and it has many many new features that all ya need is the look of the new OS on the Previous Os and you have a new OS

no crap dude but ther is so much new in windows 8 at its core and new features that it is not windows 7 with a Skin you people some anyways not all but some of you say this all the time you think when a new Os comes out and it has many many new features that all ya need is the look of the new OS on the Previous Os and you have a new OS

Punctuation would have made that rant much more readable.

For what it's worth though, I don't think I've heard many people refer to Windows 8 as just Windows 7 with a different skin. For me the UI change is probably the worst part, but I still understand that there are new features and I will give them a try. As it stands at the moment though, I think if I had the choice of buying Windows 7 or Windows 8, I'd go for Windows 7. Maybe the CP can change my mind though.

Definitely excited. I'll be ordering a new Lenovo x220t around the time the Consumer Preview releases and can't wait to try the Windows 8 experience with it.

Punctuation would have made that rant much more readable.

For what it's worth though, I don't think I've heard many people refer to Windows 8 as just Windows 7 with a different skin. For me the UI change is probably the worst part, but I still understand that there are new features and I will give them a try. As it stands at the moment though, I think if I had the choice of buying Windows 7 or Windows 8, I'd go for Windows 7. Maybe the CP can change my mind though.

Well on other sites or blogs i have read most users seem to judge windows 8 by the only version we have all tried and that is the Developer Preview and assume the Developer Preview is all they need to see. but in the end of the day this is what MS is giving us . i will install or upgrade if allowed on the consumer Preview just upgrade option see how everything transition over games + programs

Been following the Windows blogs and such and yes i'm excited. Skydrive integration mostly.Being able to sign in to your PC with your Live ID, backup your Docs to skydrive, and login to your other PC having them instantly accessible is just too great to pass up. Windows 8 is shaping up to be great and all my software and games work fine on the DP. With all the improvements I'm seeing you have to be pretty shallow to avoid Windows 8 because of the start screen.

Am I excited? Kinda.. Not NEAR as much as I was for Windows Vista or 7 when it was about to go beta. This time, I am honestly more worried than anything. Scared about the changes and how they will work. Honestly my wife and I have decided to get an iMac so we are 50x more excited about that than I am with Windows 8