Picked it up today. Traded in the last of my 360 games. I'm official a PC exclusive gamer. Also first FPS I've played on PC since BF2/Wolf:ET. Madslane is my steam name. Welcome anyone who wants to play.

Lesson of the day... don't use products that aren't fully completed :p

Why anyone would game under windows8 is beyond me. Just because it's new doesn't make it something to have :p

Game works flawless in Windows 8 for me

• Like 1

I tried this game today and I have to say its worse than the first one - I've asked for my money back from Valve...I should get it back.

I'm honestly not sure how you came to that conclusion. How long did you actually play it for? The only thing that hasn't improved is performance, as it's a more demanding game due to the improved visuals. Is your system capable of running it at 60fps? If you're not getting a good framerate then obviously you're not going to enjoy it as much.

If not, then what exactly is worse? I put over 100hrs into the original game and so far I've found Borderlands 2 to be better in every discernible way. As for getting your money back, if you've already played it then that's unlikely.

All I can say is that it works for me under Win7 and not Win8. I hated the first one, but I'm liking this one.

If you're using the latest graphics drivers then it's got to be a conflict somewhere else - maybe drivers, perhaps DirectX or Visual C++. It's possibly a Steam issue, though if you've already redownloaded the game then that's less likely. I know several other people who are using Windows 8 as well and they've had no problems - one of those people did a clean install and installed Borderlands 2 straight off, so everything you need should be installed when you first launch it.

If you're using the latest graphics drivers then it's got to be a conflict somewhere else - maybe drivers, perhaps DirectX or Visual C++. It's possibly a Steam issue, though if you've already redownloaded the game then that's less likely. I know several other people who are using Windows 8 as well and they've had no problems - one of those people did a clean install and installed Borderlands 2 straight off, so everything you need should be installed when you first launch it.

Exactly. I think it had to be a conflict between the prerequisites. I ended up with 4 diff versions of Visual C++. But who knows.

So glad i can finally play. it is awesome so far and i must say performance wise, it is running better than the first. I don't think it has dropped below 30fps yet.

I hope PC sales will show other developers that if you invest in proper PC development the community will support/buy it. UFG did it for Sleeping Dogs and look how well that did and the praise it got.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and i'm glad so many of you are saying it's better than the original in almost every way. I can't wait until I can play, but at least I know it won't disappoint. Vehicles do make the fights easier, but if the new one is anything like the original just remember that you get significantly less experience if you kill something while in a vehicle. (as opposed to on foot) I actually purposely get out of the vehicle and get the killing blows with weapons to level faster (increase gun levels). But I don't know if that still applies for Borderlands 2.

This is still correct, you get WAY less, like 17 XP vs 94 XP haha

So, I went ahead and bought it, against my better judgement to avoid FPS's for the time being. (I've never played BL1.)

The game dialogue is probably the best part, lol. This is definitely a game, though, I could not play by myself. I played last night for about 3 hours with a good friend of mine, and we had a blast. We were on vent laughing hysterically throughout most of it, and made sure to stick together. As a co-op game, it is awesome, and hilarious, to play with friends. But not something I would play as single-player, because of the type of game and genre, I simply would not be interested in, even with the hilarious dialogue.

So as long as my friends are up for playing, this is going to be a serious time killer. :p

So, i went ahead and bought it, against my better judgement to avoid FPS's for the time being. (I've never played BL1.)

The game dialogue is probably the best part, lol. This is definitely a game, though, I could not play by myself. I played last night for about 3 hours with a good friend of mine, and we had a blast. We were on vent laughing hysterically throughout most of it, and made sure to stick together. As a co-op game, it is awesome, and hilarious, to play with friends. But not something I would play as single-player, because of the type of game and genre, I simply would not be interested in, even with the hilarious dialogue.

So as long as my friends are up for playing, this is going to be a serious time killer. :p

I felt the same way about Borderlands. It was a lot of fun playing with my friends or younger brothers but when I played alone, it felt... lonely.

I felt the same way about Borderlands. It was a lot of fun playing with my friends or younger brothers but when I played alone, it felt... lonely.

Haha, yeah. My friends just said the same thing actually.

Zappa859: borderlands 2 is hilarious fun...but only in a group

Zappa859: i dont think i could enjoy it singlle player

[M7] Doctor Nil: yeah

Zappa859: so anytime you are down, i am

[M7] Doctor Nil: i get bored of it easily on single because i hear a joke

[M7] Doctor Nil: and im like

[M7] Doctor Nil: man

[M7] Doctor Nil: i wish i could laugh at that with someone

Zappa859: yeah, exactly

[M7] Doctor Nil: or i shoot a midget in the face

[M7] Doctor Nil: etc

Zappa859: hahah

[M7] Doctor Nil: and i think

[M7] Doctor Nil: man

[M7] Doctor Nil: i wish i could tell someone that i just shot a midget in the face

[M7] Doctor Nil: im a horrible person

• Like 1

Haha, yeah. My friends just said the same thing actually.

The story of the first one had me hooked. The second one took it to a new level. The robot arguing with himself and losing.... couldn't stop laughing.

The story of the first one had me hooked. The second one took it to a new level. The robot arguing with himself and losing.... couldn't stop laughing.

haha, that was one of my favorite parts as well.

After playing for almost 3 days straight My friend and I are up to level 30 and are almost done with the playthrough. We have a couple side missions to finish up then the final mission. The story is pretty amazing and I can't wait to see how it ends. Level 30 Zer0 is pretty badass, but I'm just getting into the good skills. Speaking of badass, I'm up to about 2350 badass levels :p I've gone through several really good snipers, but my friend is having a fairly tough time finding an awesome rifle for his commando. I remember in Borderlands 1 I had a good rifle for at least a secondary gun on pretty much every character, but I can't find anything worth holding onto either. Oh well, my 1520 damage 96 accuracy "fires as fast as you can pull the trigger" sniper is all I need to destroy most enemies' faces :D

First off, is this allowed? If not just remove or edit post.

I have 2 codes from GameStop for:

- "Premiere Club" membership (Pre-Order extras)

- "Creature Slaughter Dome" (GameStop exclusive pre-order)

I do not see myself actually using these codes, so, since only the Borderlands 2 Season Pass is currently available via the store; I thought I'd offer these for for a small fee, less than they would go for separately and from Microsoft themselves.

Going to assume the codes only apply to US, and Xbox 360 console.

That reminds me, I was pretty disappointed with the creature slaughter dome. I guess I just thought it was going to be more like Moxxi's arena and could replay it over and over, but it's just like the rounds of slaughter or whatever they were called throughout Borderlands 1 (there's also another in Borderlands 2). You go in and try to survive for 4 or 5 rounds and can do it 4 or 5 times with it getting harder every time.

I lost it when he admitted he lost.

This game is addictive. I did the 99 million dollars cheat and have just been playing the slot machines. haha Have not gotten anything good from them tho.

Game is fun and never got into the first Borderlands. B2 is MUCH better.

And I HATE....HATE....Clap Trap. Annoying ass robot. Wish you could shoot him.

Exactly! That's why I hated Borderlands 1. The game was dull as hell when you play alone and I just can't get folks to play it with me cause a lot of people simply don't like games like Bordlands, so you are stuck roaming through this empty world alone and it gets super boring.