Medal of Honor: Warfighter

=/ Damnit.. Think I may pass then. I love BF3, but I hardly play anymore because of the hassle just to get in a game. I just wanna start up, find a server and go (like Counter-Strike), but battlelog means at least 4-5 minutes before I can get anything going, and for some reason, that is enough time to talk me out of wanting to play.

Kinda agree. Kinda not.

I don't hate Battlelog, but don't love it either. As much as I liked it at first, I began to feel, the experience is somewhat slowing it down.

Nonetheless, it is a great thing to have. With all your stats and friends in one place. A more streamlined experience, at least for me. I like this aspect of it.

Ain't gonna pass on this one though. I liked the 2010' and I have high hopes for this one too.

this game comes out today? wow...where have i been?

Living under a rock, perhaps. :p

I just finished single player ..

5 hours on normal..

Almost made me cry in the end because these soldiers and missions are based on real life. They are all real people.

What a ride.. it was overall a great experience.. personally I think it was better than the first. Quite a bit better.

Very emotional.

Almost made me cry in the end because these soldiers and missions are based on real life. They are all real people.

Really? The very first mission (with the containers and the boat) was based on what real life mission? Anyone has some more info?

Really? The very first mission (with the containers and the boat) was based on what real life mission? Anyone has some more info?

Not sure if all of them are.. I think on the mission that's based on real life it says while it's loading the screen..

Soldiers from MOH are actual soldiers though.. they just gave them different pseudonyms. Voodoo, Preacher, Mother, Rabbit etc they are all based on real soldiers..

Rabbit in MOH 2010 was based on real life Petty Officer 1st Class Neil Roberts (callsign - Fifi). He took part in Operation ANACONDA and was thrown from his Chinook when it came under RPG fire. He was captured and executed before Army Rangers and fellow Navy SEALs could rescue him. Also, the Rangers sent to rescue Rabbit were also the QRF. Both of them also died on Takur Ghar (later named Roberts' Ridge).

He is called "Rabbit" because he has six children.

Thus, the ending in MOH 2010.

Loosely based on real threats.

I bought this game 3 days ago on Origin for $25. If you own Battlefield 3, the game is 50% off. The only downside is that it is a digital download. A whopping 17GB. It has been downloading for me for the past 3 days at 200kb/s. It's not my internet either cause Blizzard yesterday was downloading at 1.25Mb/s... so its definetly on EA servers. It is still going as we speak. 90% there.

I bought this game 3 days ago on Origin for $25. If you own Battlefield 3, the game is 50% off. The only downside is that it is a digital download. A whopping 17GB. It has been downloading for me for the past 3 days at 200kb/s. It's not my internet either cause Blizzard yesterday was downloading at 1.25Mb/s... so its definetly on EA servers. It is still going as we speak. 90% there.

I've never had any download speed issues with Origin. I found it to be consistently faster than Steam (which fluctuates between 0.5 - 2 MB/s).

Yeah well, I am still waiting on EA to get back to me about my botched 50% off the PC version for being a BF3 Premium member. Not happy at all, in fact, I may be skipping it entirely now just on premise alone. You would think they would want some money rather than no money, but apparently, that is not the case.

Single Player campaign 5 hours? :cry:

Yeah well, I am still waiting on EA to get back to me about my botched 50% off the PC version for being a BF3 Premium member. Not happy at all, in fact, I may be skipping it entirely now just on premise alone. You would think they would want some money rather than no money, but apparently, that is not the case.

I lol'ed

But seriously, you should try contacting them again. That appears to be really frustrating.

I lol'ed

But seriously, you should try contacting them again. That appears to be really frustrating.

I have contacted them 3 times in the past 36 hours, without even so much as an acknowledgment that I have done so. I also have 2 open cases, one from the customer representative I first talked to, one that I opened on my own. Not really sure what else I can do.

It turns out the game was on my Gamefly Queue for the PS3 and I never removed it, so it was shipped yesterday. I guess I will just play it on the PS3 and send it back. Would have preferred to play it on the PC, by far actually, but that appears as if it is not going to happen. I am definitely not paying full price for it, and as I said, really do not even believe I should purchase it now even at 50% off. As I said, it is the premise of the whole situation at this point. Hell, if I was not looking forward to Need For Speed as much as I am, I would possibly even consider boycotting EA for a few months. However, I want to play NFS.

In case anyone is interested in hearing just how it went down and how my 50% code is no longer valid, I went off on a little rant on the podcast we just recorded earlier tonight. :laugh:

EA took a bit to answer my recent support request. I think they must be a bit busy. The Amazon EC2 outage may have increased their support incidents considerably, along with all the new games and stuff coming.