Insulting 1% Waitress Tip

Haha yeah man, the only tips I leave are a result of being too lazy to sort out the change!

If you expect a tip, add it to the prices, simple!

First time I saw them adding a mandatory tip, or what ever you might call it, would be the VERY LAST time I went there!

Just like pizza deliveries that do that crap! I WILL NOT order from there EVER!!

I do tip at 10-15% depending on service, but to write that note is totally rude! Would prefer to say something else, but don't want to type out all those *'s!!

Tips aren't the norm in Australia so can someone please answer me this. On the credit card slip it has

Total Amount: $123

Tip: ___________

Grand Total: ____________

Signature: J Bloggs

I usually just sign it without filling in Tip/Grand Total because I can see that $123 has already been entered into the Machine and processed.

If I were to enter an amount for tip, how would they process the transaction which has already been entered?

Is it possible for a staff member to fill out the Tip them-self after I have given it back to them and help themselves to extra money?

Should I be crossing this bit out if I don't wish to leave a tip?

I only tip when there is something exceptional about the service, otherwise you are paying for the service in your bill and the staff are getting paid anyways...

What is exceptional? Take you in the back and suck your d**k?

I can understand why this "banker" AKA thief annotated the "Tip" on the bill that waiters leave, I find this very rude to do; To ask for a tip, when that is done I do NOT tip, I tip if I feel the service was pleasant, not by being asked to.

However, it is a fine sign of the greed and lack of care these high paid bankers have of the less wealthy and fortunate.

here is how i feel. for those who give crappy tips or don't tip at all. cook your own god damn food at your own god damn house. bring your damn luggage up to your room yourself. buy a freakin car and drive your self to the airport. park your own damn car

here is how i feel. for those who give crappy tips or don't tip at all. cook your own god damn food at your own god damn house. bring your damn luggage up to your room yourself. buy a freakin car and drive your self to the airport. park your own damn car

You're employed by your employer, not the customer, who is already PAYING for the service. Tips are a thanks some customers care to give - those that don't are doing no wrong.

• Like 2

You're employed by your employer, not the customer, who is already PAYING for the service. Tips are a thanks some customers care to give - those that don't are doing no wrong.

Exactly, why should I have to pay extra for what is probably already a rip off anyway.

You don't see the company giving "tips" to the staff when they serve the customers quicker and produce more business so why the hell should we have to pay even more for this? instead the manager gets his bonus.

I'm paying YOUR employer for a service to be provided to me, be it food, car wash, luggage carrying. If you have an issue with the rate of pay take it up with them, not me. If I feel that you actually enjoyed providing this service rather than just wanting to get it over and done with them chances are you will get a tip for your work. Don't expect one though, I work my arse off each day, best I get is an email saying thanks or well done from those I supply a service to.

I couldn't care less about the tip (the chefs deserve the tip, not the waitresses) but the message was dick-ish. I really hate bankers.

The only people I tip are delivery drivers, because they remember who tip and who doesn't, and you don't want to know what they do to your food if you don't.

We're going back to the 80s, Rich douchebags that flaunt their wealth and spend their money on woman and stupid cars, Riots because of lack of jobs and Police who totally abuse their positions.

Just think, if we're back in the 80's that means we're definitely getting a Ghostbusters film and Eddie Murphy will be funny again....YAYYY!!!

I only tip if the service, food was good. :laugh:

The notion that you should always pay a certain % tip is stupid. The tips should be based off of the experience that you have. When my water is left empty for an extended amount of time as I am eating hot wings I will adjust the tip. When I only see my waitress to take the order I will adjust the tip. When they don't bring me the bill with in a reasonable amount of time I will adjust my tip. When they are doing everything they can to make my experience excellent and enjoyable I will adjust my tip.

I nearly always give a tip, but it is going to be based on the experience that I receive, not on the notion that the poor girl is working for $2.00/hr + tips.

Personally i feel America has the tipping way of paying slightly wrong, the trouble being tourists don`t understand that the worker doesn`t actually get payed much and most of his wage is made up from tips.

Example: At Lake Tahoo there is a nice skiing hotel where they charge you for parking your car ($40 per week). Then you have a guy who will park it for you but expects %5 each time. Us Johnny foreigners think, hold up i`m allready paying $40 for the privelige of using your car park, why should i pay more just for someone to park it! I`ll park it myself thanks very much, it`s not that hard!

We don`t know this guy gets paid a pittance, probably very little of the $40 and feel like we`re getting rodgered without any lube and paying twice...

Companies should pay there workers a decent rate and if the service is good, or the guy makes you smile you may chuck him (not the company) a bit extra.

Booo some people make more money than you booo.

Quit your job and become a waiter since it does not require any knowledge and you can make more money, problem solved.

No. I want to be valuable in society.

Hate to tell you this but no matter how hard you study there will always be people that are absolutely brainless that make more money than you do. Yes people can make an incredible amount of money from tips, but they work for it, and it's not a very common thing. It requires hard work, a very positive attitude, and quite a bit of luck.

If a person is brainless but has the guts to start a company or whatever, and he?s willing to pass as much time as he needs to, he deserves the money he?s getting and I have no problem with that.

Waitresses don?t work more than anyone else, really, and I don?t know why it would require a positive attitude more than another person who also has a job in customer service.

Only thing I?m asking is : They should get a better base salary and tips should be eliminated.

No. I want to be valuable in society.

If a person is brainless but has the guts to start a company or whatever, and he?s willing to pass as much time as he needs to, he deserves the money he?s getting and I have no problem with that.

Waitresses don?t work more than anyone else, really, and I don?t know why it would require a positive attitude more than another person who also has a job in customer service.

Only thing I?m asking is : They should get a better base salary and tips should be eliminated.

I kinda like the tipping idea, it makes the most successful waitress cost the company the least, bring back the most customers, and she makes the most. That's a win for everyone

I can't remember who said it, but when I said I felt pressured it was mainly having a meal in America then I'd get the bill/check and they'd circle the tip thing about a thousand times as like a hint.

My friend when there and they didn't tip and the waitress came running out saying "you forgot to tip" to which they replied "we didn't, you were just rubbish"

One place we did tip massively in America was Ponderrosa or something, we felt like a quick cheap meal and went there, to our suprise it was nice and the waiter had HUGE sideburns so we tipped more than the cost of the meal haha.

But usually, my view on tipping maps Mr Pinks from Reservoir Dogs :p "You don't tip people at McDonalds, there still serving you food"

I think that was me that replied to you before. Yeah, I could see circling tip as being pressured. I've never had that happened, but that would put a bad taste in my mouth for whoever the server is too.

As for the McDonalds quote (at least in the US), well that would be an invalid comparison since McDonalds workers DO make minimum wage, only servers don't. So you're already paying them their whole salary in your food cost, whereas eating in a restaurant, you're only paying towards their $2.13 or so in food costs, the rest depends on your tips.

Class warfare at its best. Who better to use as a prototypical "evil" man than a banker? The banker is out to get all of us, who is concerned only about money, who wants to take our homes and put us out on the streets, who looks down his nose at all of us and mocks the plebs and their jobs. His tip is 1%, as in the 1% vs. the 99%. And this example can be used to advance the "outrage" of the occupy movement, and show just how much those with money need to have it taken from them and given to those who do not have.

Except it was all a hoax:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/27/wealthy-banker-leaves-one-percent-tip-nasty-note-for-waitress-in-newport-beach/

How is it decided whether a particular class of worker is entitled to the minimum wage in the US because the rules seem completely arbitrary and illogical? Also, surely the name "minimum wage" is a misnomer when people are clearly getting paid less than it.

What separates waiters, hotel staff, etc. from other people working in service industries? For instance, why does a waiter deserve a tip when she does her job well but a bank teller doesn't?

What separates waiters, hotel staff, etc. from other people working in service industries? For instance, why does a waiter deserve a tip when she does her job well but a bank teller doesn't?

Exactly. I wanted to start a poll about it : "Where do you tip ?"

In England if a tip isn't left, it isn't frowned upon. So why is it in the US? You shouldn't have to or be pressured into leaving a tip ffs!

That being said, there was not need to the horrible comment after.

I believe it is because waiters and waitresses in the US are on low wages and as a result, it is expected that tips will make up for the shortfall. But surely there is a minimum wage over there like in the UK?

I never tip. As others have said, I pay for the food, the employer pays for the employees. I am sad that a lot of places in London now add a tip to the bill automatically. Forcing me to give a tip? How rubbish!

most of the resturants around me tips don't go straight to the waiter / waitress they go into a pool and split amoung them... and ontop of that they still get paid at least minimum wage... none of that $3 an hour + tips crap...