Pokemon Black and White 2 announced

Pokemon Black and White 2 confirmed for UK autumn launch

Nintendo?s announced it?s to release Pokemon Black and White 2 this autumn in the UK for DS.

pokemon-bw-2.2.jpg

The games will be known as Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2, with Nintendo promising ?plenty of new surprises? for launch.

This morning?s announcement follows the surprise announcement of the sequels in Japan over the weekend, expected to launch in summer.

We now also now the name of the first Pokemon shown in the art revealed alongside the game on late Saturday night UK time, known as Black Kyurem and White Kyurem from Pokemon Black and White 1.

The first Pokemon Black and White launched in March 2011 for DS, selling 1 million units in its first ten days on sale in the UK.

Source: VG247

I think this is the first time that two Pokemon games will feature the same version mascot. In this case, it's Kyurem. I wonder why Nintendo decided to do this instead of making Pokemon Grey (which everyone expected).

Nice! :)

Darn, I shall play some Pok?mon again and watch the series more often again...

Glassed Silver:mac

Incredibly stupid (and lazy) of them to put the next pokemon game on the ds instead of the 3ds.

It might be featuring 3D compatibility, but have the DS system as minimum requirement.

I think it's SMART not to make this 3DS-exclusive.

The 3DS isn't that old now and Nintendo usually keeps supporting their handhelds for a very long time, which I appreciate!

Well I only bought Pokemon Black a few weeks ago, wasn't impressed. Pokemon Red is the best :D

Pah! Blue is where it's at! :pinch:

• Like 2

The 3DS isn't that old now and Nintendo usually keeps supporting their handhelds for a very long time, which I appreciate!

Although, it might encourage people to pick up a 3DS. It would be unfair for DS owners and I guess Ninty doesn't want to **** them off but they could always argue that there are already 4 (I think) Pokemon games on the DS.

Although, it might encourage people to pick up a 3DS. It would be unfair for DS owners and I guess Ninty doesn't want to **** them off but they could always argue that there are already 4 (I think) Pokemon games on the DS.

So?

Prequels never replace sequels.

It's a continuing game, not just spin offs or other totally unrelated kinds of (non-)"continuations".

The 3DS is quite new, if you want to push it, push it using it's abilities.

Is has 3D, right?

If people care, make Pkm B;W2 a DS game with 3DS extra features.

I would agree if the 3DS was now 3 or 4 years old, but other than that, by my and Nintendo's standards the DS is here to stay for a while and I approve that strategy.

It's tiring how everything must be forcefully pushed.

Especially when limits are purely artificial or unnecessary.

It might be featuring 3D compatibility, but have the DS system as minimum requirement.

I don't see it having 3D capability since it's a DS game.

Well I only bought Pokemon Black a few weeks ago, wasn't impressed. Pokemon Red is the best :D

I'm going with HeartGold/SoulSilver! Loved the original Gold and Silver as they had IMO the best Pokemon (hated the ones that followed), and the remake was the best of the old generation and new graphics.

• Like 1

Yellow boyees... even though I had blue too... >.>

I don't see it having 3D capability since it's a DS game.

You do remember Gold and Silver right? It had Gameboy Colour features even though it was on a standard Gameboy cart.

So?

Prequels never replace sequels.

It's a continuing game, not just spin offs or other totally unrelated kinds of (non-)"continuations".

The 3DS is quite new, if you want to push it, push it using it's abilities.

Is has 3D, right?

If people care, make Pkm B;W2 a DS game with 3DS extra features.

I would agree if the 3DS was now 3 or 4 years old, but other than that, by my and Nintendo's standards the DS is here to stay for a while and I approve that strategy.

It's tiring how everything must be forcefully pushed.

Especially when limits are purely artificial or unnecessary.

I don't know where you get that the "ds is here to stay". The ds is clearly on its way out due to its successors release(and success). Need proof of that? Just look at the DS lineup for this year. There's pretty much no first party games aside from this new pokemon, and quality third party titles in the DS's future are also equally non-existent.

Also, it's highly unlikely there will be any kind of enhancements when played on the 3ds. I don't beleive the backwards compatibility works that way for ds games.

Yellow boyees... even though I had blue too... >.>

You do remember Gold and Silver right? It had Gameboy Colour features even though it was on a standard Gameboy cart.

Gold and Silver were both Gameboy colour games. From the start. Says so on the box.

Gold and Silver were both Gameboy colour games. From the start. Says so on the box.

But they were backwards compatible with the Gameboy Original and Gameboy Pocket. The best thing that they can do is add support for features that the 3DS has. Black and White supported advanced wireless settings for the Dsi, XL and 3Ds as well as video communications.

And the physical cart is a GB cart not a GBC. I know I have mine right here :p

And the physical cart is a GB cart not a GBC. I know I have mine right here :p

and a LOT of GBC games did that because for most of them the addition of color was the only difference

there's a lot more difference between the DS and 3DS making it a lot harder for something like that to be done

it's more like the transition from GBC to GBA in this instance

Not really, a few if else checks and it can be easily compatible with both. Both the 3DS and NDS use ARM.

I'll bet money though that Black and White 2 will be released in 3ds packaging and have a small label citing backwards compatibility.

Not really, a few if else checks and it can be easily compatible with both. Both the 3DS and NDS use ARM.

I'll bet money though that Black and White 2 will be released in 3ds packaging and have a small label citing backwards compatibility.

I don't, since it's a DS game.

Just because they both use an ARM cpu doesn't mean they use the SAME exact ARM cpu like how the gb and gbc both used pretty much the exact same cpu(with only clock speed being different). Liekwise, the gpu in the 3ds is also significantly different than the DS's gpu.

Incredibly stupid (and lazy) of them to put the next pokemon game on the ds instead of the 3ds.

I disagree. It doesn't make sense to release a sequel on another portable game console. A 3DS Pokemon game would have been nice, but it has to be a standalone title. If Nintendo were to release a 3DS-only version of Black and White 2, then a lot of DS owners would be angry. It's safe to say that this will be the last DS Pokemon game.

I agree with Brando212. Black and White 2 have already been announced as DS games. Unless Nintendo adds 3DS-specific features to those games, they cannot release them in 3DS packaging. If anything, it'll probably say something like "Can also be played on the 3DS." on the box.

I'll stick by what I said. And if I'm wrong come time of release I'll buy you all a pint (you just gotta fly up to Canada :p)

I would like them to re-make the originals (red blue green). Update the graphics and what not. There are too many for my brain. I know the first 150 inside out and grew up with those in Japan.

I disagree. It doesn't make sense to release a sequel on another portable game console. A 3DS Pokemon game would have been nice, but it has to be a standalone title. If Nintendo were to release a 3DS-only version of Black and White 2, then a lot of DS owners would be angry. It's safe to say that this will be the last DS Pokemon game.

I agree with Brando212. Black and White 2 have already been announced as DS games. Unless Nintendo adds 3DS-specific features to those games, they cannot release them in 3DS packaging. If anything, it'll probably say something like "Can also be played on the 3DS." on the box.

They actually wouldn't have won either way. As there's very many 3ds owners around the web who weren't pleased when they saw "DS", especially when the game will be coming out well over a year after the 3ds's release(when pretty much every other game worth buying has already moved to 3ds).

As for saying somewhere/on something "can also be played on the 3ds", i beleive it already says that on the japanese site for the game. And likely will on the english site too.