• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Pokemon Black and White 2 announced

Yusuf M.    1,366

I'll stick by what I said. And if I'm wrong come time of release I'll buy you all a pint (you just gotta fly up to Canada :p)

I'll hold you to that. I live in Toronto and Georgetown is 45 minutes away. :)

I would like them to re-make the originals (red blue green). Update the graphics and what not. There are too many for my brain. I know the first 150 inside out and grew up with those in Japan.

Did you forget about FireRed and LeafGreen for the Game Boy Advance? It was released about a year and a half after Ruby and Sappire in North America. Another enhanced remake of Red and Blue would be great but it's a little late at this point. Also, Black and White 2 will likely be the last Pokemon game for the DS.

They actually wouldn't have won either way. As there's very many 3ds owners around the web who weren't pleased when they saw "DS", especially when the game will be coming out well over a year after the 3ds's release(when pretty much every other game worth buying has already moved to 3ds).

As for saying somewhere/on something "can also be played on the 3ds", i beleive it already says that on the japanese site for the game. And likely will on the english site too.

Try to think of it from a business perspective. There are way more DS owners than 3DS owners. Making it a 3DS exclusive would exclude a heck of a lot of people. Making it a DS exclusive would allow 3DS owners to play it as well. Plus, there's no incentive for Nintendo (at the moment) to make a 3DS Pokemon game. Usually, companies make first-party titles of established series to push hardware sales. The 3DS has been doing very well. I recently read an article about the 3DS being Nintendo's fastest-selling console to date.

Of course, that doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't make a 3DS Pokemon game. I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to one, especially since the 3DS has been available for about a year now.

Matthew S.    1,148

^ Indeed lol But theres no real good place to "drink" in gtown lol

~Johnny    397

Incredibly stupid (and lazy) of them to put the next pokemon game on the ds instead of the 3ds.

It took them nearly 2 years after the DS came out for them to get the first main DS Pok?mon game out, so it's no surprise. That, and they usually have 2 main series games in development at the same time, so as well as working in D/P 2 now, they're also working on their next games, which presumably would be on 3DS. Obviously it'd push 3DS sales like crazy if they were 3DS games, and everyone at Creatures Inc / Game Freak / NIntendo are WELL aware of that. Add to that we tend to see a "main" series game every year, it shouldn't be that long a wait.

Also, at most, the game can ONLY use upto DSi level features if it's a DS game. All DS & DSi games are cut of entirely from running any 3DS features, so there'll be no additional 3DS features, unless it's a 3DS game. Which it's not :p

Considering they're not calling this one Grey, I do hope there's more to this update than the normal "third" games in the series, hopefully a lot more endgame material storyline (and i don't count "Battle Towers" or some stupid Battle Village, I prefer wandering around :p). Coincidentally the two dragons on the front are confirmed to be Black Kyurem & White Kyurem (so I assume quite old in the story context) rather than some fused Reshiram / Zekrom as some suggested.

Bambii    12

Did you forget about FireRed and LeafGreen for the Game Boy Advance? It was released about a year and a half after Ruby and Sappire in North America. Another enhanced remake of Red and Blue would be great but it's a little late at this point. Also, Black and White 2 will likely be the last Pokemon game for the DS.

Yeah I had a look at LeafGreen but tbh, I still just prefer the original game but not 8bit lookalike. I know it's late but I know a fair few old schoolers who would appreciate it. But I agree, I highly doubt it would happen.

Glassed Silver    940

Yeah I had a look at LeafGreen but tbh, I still just prefer the original game but not 8bit lookalike. I know it's late but I know a fair few old schoolers who would appreciate it. But I agree, I highly doubt it would happen.

That'd be awesome.

Maybe there are some doujin game devs who think this is worth a shot? :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Jub    512

I came here thinking it was some anime remake of Black and White 2. :wacko:

Lee G.    236

I'm going with HeartGold/SoulSilver! Loved the original Gold and Silver as they had IMO the best Pokemon (hated the ones that followed), and the remake was the best of the old generation and new graphics.

I agree. I've really enjoyed playing HeartGold. I have Pok?mon Ruby and I didn't like it anywhere near as much as Gold/Silver and HeartGold/SoulSilver. The first and second-generation games were the best, imo.

What do people think of Black and White? Are they worth playing?

ARchamps    21

I just got back into it ... playing Fire Red on my Nexus! I have only ever played Gen1 (RBY, FR/LG). Looking to start after Fire Red with Gold/Silver. Is HeartGold/SoulSilver a remake of Gold/Silver?

Glassed Silver    940
I just got back into it ... playing Fire Red on my Nexus! I have only ever played Gen1 (RBY, FR/LG). Looking to start after Fire Red with Gold/Silver. Is HeartGold/SoulSilver a remake of Gold/Silver?

Short and sweet: Yes

Brandon H    3,608

Short and sweet: Yes

more on this, yes and it also includes the additions that were added to crystal

on another note, after thinking about it for a little bit, one good thing about B&W2 coming out as DS games is we'll be able to use the Action Replay on them

It's always fun to mess around with cheats after beating the game once :)

Bambii    12

That'd be awesome.

Maybe there are some doujin game devs who think this is worth a shot? :)

Well there are some "hacked roms" (if I'm allowed to say...) With things like blue with colour and what not, but seems that's the best we are gonna get :(

c3ntury    133

Surprised they haven't targeted the 3DS at least with a clearly enhanced version or iteration... seems rather stupid in my opinion to leave out your latest technology in a major game release?

Glassed Silver    940

Well there are some "hacked roms" (if I'm allowed to say...) With things like blue with colour and what not, but seems that's the best we are gonna get :(

Uhm... hacked roms the best we're gonna get?

Well I don't know for sure...

Maybe the interest in such a project should just be raised to some DJ game devs...

It's not like there are no Pok?mon doujin games.

Steve B.    467

I agree. I've really enjoyed playing HeartGold. I have Pok?mon Ruby and I didn't like it anywhere near as much as Gold/Silver and HeartGold/SoulSilver. The first and second-generation games were the best, imo.

What do people think of Black and White? Are they worth playing?

I would say so for one reason, the fact that you can't encounter old Pokemon before beating the main story. It's a completely fresh experience.

Also to those wondering why they haven't gone the 3DS route...well I don't know...but maybe that's where the inevitable Generation III remakes are going?

Also note this. Japan Release, Summer. UK release, Autumn.

WhatisthisIdon'teven.

Glassed Silver    940

I'll just leave this here...

NSFW

*fixed, thanks Brando212!

Edited by Anaron
Fixed the "fixed" embedded YouTube video ;)

Brandon H    3,608

it doesn't load Glassed, it just stays as a white box

The_Decimator    39

You're late on this news.

EDIT: &, yes, i know this thread was posted yesterday.

EDIT 2: Also, "I think this is the 1st time that both games share the same mascot." Despite their names, (Black Kyurem & White Kyurem,) their appearance, & the fact that we're in the middle of a generation, it was confirmed their not actually forms of Kyurem but all new Pokemon. Weird, I know.

EDIT 3: Yay, another edit! xD Anyways, Chasethebase, if they haven't done any of Gen 5 on the 3DS so far they're not gonaa do the Gen 3 remakes on it either. Unless they actually listen to our complaining. (Not to be rude.)

Denis W.    732

I would like them to re-make the originals (red blue green). Update the graphics and what not. There are too many for my brain. I know the first 150 inside out and grew up with those in Japan.

This. The Gold/Silver/Crystal generation additions were okay, but it got sillier for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, lolwat for Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, and... from what I saw in Black and White, shoot-me-now :p

The character design is progressively more nonsensical the younger you get. Personally I saw GS as the best, being late to the original Red/Blue/Yellow games, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver being nice trips of nostalgia. Emerald would be second. Unfortunately I lack the patience to play through these games now. :/

satukoro    1,350
Pah! Blue is where it's at! :pinch:
MissingNo. <3
  • Like 1

Motoko.    435

Not many people bought a 3DS so this move makes sense

• Like 1

The_Decimator    39

Not many people bought a 3DS so this move makes sense

People might have actually bought it if this had been on it. &, frankly, the 3DS needs to make money now.

Motoko.    435

People might have actually bought it if this had been on it. &, frankly, the 3DS needs to make money now.

Yeah you're right, weak launch titles make for slow adaptation. I remember when the Dreamcast had the best game launch in history. (people would mention the wii but it was really a fluke considering its novelty motion sensing and how nintendo marketed the product )

booboo    6

If they want to make some serious money, start porting them over to iOS. Sell them for ?4-5 a pop (like GTA) and boom, everyones happy!

Would love to replay pokemon, as like others here, it was my childhood, however I don't have a DS!

• Like 1

The Teej    203

I'm in the mood for a Pokemon game now so I'm well up for this :)

I also seriously can't wait for Pokemon on 3DS... I wonder if they'll keep the isometric view or go for a traditional behind the back camera view? Either way, interesting news!

Glassed Silver    940

it doesn't load Glassed, it just stays as a white box

F-I-X-E-D-! :)

Go to my post: Clicky!

thank you!

MissingNo. <3

Hell yeah!

If they want to make some serious money, start porting them over to iOS. Sell them for ?4-5 a pop (like GTA) and boom, everyones happy!

Would love to replay pokemon, as like others here, it was my childhood, however I don't have a DS!

Ohhh! I'd sooo like to see that happen!

Then again, I guess the best retro gaming happens on the console itself.

:)

There's always emulators (iOS (Cydia)/for PC/Mac,Android,...).

Some original Pokemon (and maybe Kirby/Mario etc) titles for iOS would be AWESOME! (Y)