• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Pokemon Black and White 2 announced

nominak    982

Not many people bought a 3DS so this move makes sense

I'd say 15 million 3DS' sold.. is a lot.

Glassed Silver    940

I'd say 15 million 3DS' sold.. is a lot.

Cute...

A tenth of the NDS...

Glassed Silver:mac

Yusuf M.    1,367

This. The Gold/Silver/Crystal generation additions were okay, but it got sillier for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, lolwat for Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, and... from what I saw in Black and White, shoot-me-now :p

The character design is progressively more nonsensical the younger you get. Personally I saw GS as the best, being late to the original Red/Blue/Yellow games, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver being nice trips of nostalgia. Emerald would be second. Unfortunately I lack the patience to play through these games now. :/

Agreed. It was a bit of a chore for me to complete Sapphire despite it not being as bad as DPPt. I'm currently playing HeartGold right now but I had a chance to try Black again. I didn't like it initially and I still didn't like it up until a few days ago. I sat down and played through the first 20 minutes of the game and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I still prefer the less 3D view of HeartGold though (as well as the story and Pokemon). Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you in terms of patience. It's a great way to burn some time when you're bored but when it's time to grind, I'd rather do something else. :(

Not many people bought a 3DS so this move makes sense

Actually, a lot of people did but in relative terms... there are a lot more DS owners than 3DS owners.

If they want to make some serious money, start porting them over to iOS. Sell them for ?4-5 a pop (like GTA) and boom, everyones happy!

Would love to replay pokemon, as like others here, it was my childhood, however I don't have a DS!

That would be great but Nintendo firmly believes that their games should only be played on their hardware.

Blackhearted    512

Try to think of it from a business perspective. There are way more DS owners than 3DS owners. Making it a 3DS exclusive would exclude a heck of a lot of people. Making it a DS exclusive would allow 3DS owners to play it as well. Plus, there's no incentive for Nintendo (at the moment) to make a 3DS Pokemon game. Usually, companies make first-party titles of established series to push hardware sales. The 3DS has been doing very well. I recently read an article about the 3DS being Nintendo's fastest-selling console to date.

Of course, that doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't make a 3DS Pokemon game. I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to one, especially since the 3DS has been available for about a year now.

I'm not really convinced it's a great business decision to (pretty much) intentionally harm the sales of your own new hardware by putting your biggest handheld system seller on the old system a year and a half after the new systems launch..

If they want to make some serious money, start porting them over to iOS. Sell them for ?4-5 a pop (like GTA) and boom, everyones happy!

Would love to replay pokemon, as like others here, it was my childhood, however I don't have a DS!

Yes, ruin the games by putting them onto a phone. That's a brilliant idea. :rolleyes:

Really wish someone would gather up all these fools that think you can actually play(and enjoy) a real game on a phone, and then toss them off a cliff.

firey    4,151
pokmon-grumpy-genwuner.jpg
  • Like 1

Denis W.    732

Yes, ruin the games by putting them onto a phone. That's a brilliant idea. :rolleyes:

Really wish someone would gather up all these fools that think you can actually play(and enjoy) a real game on a phone, and then toss them off a cliff.

The Pokemon games could work on mobile devices. Though they'd have to revamp the UI and insert overlay directional controls somewhere when not in battle. A virtual d-pad is enough as you don't need a virtual nub (if it's anything like the one in GTA3, which is ****ing poor).

Or they could keep the game playable in a portrait position and make minor alterations to the lower half of the device (example: iOS version of Phoenix Wright).

Tharp Daddy    25

I'm not a big fan of this generation of pokemon. The game mechanics are timeless and enjoyable (imo), but having pokemon like "Gurdurr" who carries, you guessed it, a girder is just so weird and out of place feeling. I'll probably check them out because, hell, it's a pokemon game; but i'm ready for the next generation (or the return to the previous ones) and the jump to 3DS.

• Like 1

compl3x    6,290

Cute...

A tenth of the NDS...

Glassed Silver:mac

The 3DS outsold the DS year one sales in 8 months.