• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

What Blu-Ray player to get (budget

Steven P.    14,234

I have found this one online LG BD660 3D Blu-ray Player (English translation) the price seems reasonable and it supports 3D, although my LED TV does not (forward thinking and all) :p

After looking around, this seems to be the most feature complete in the price category I'm looking.

Kratzie    3

I have had that model for a few months now, no complaints.

Jason S.    1,504

i dont know if this is an issue today, but you might want to check load times. older players were really really slow at booting and reading the discs.

philcruicks    259

Both LG and Samsung do some good cheaper blu-ray players...that 660 is definitely a good one for the money.

You could look at the LG BD 670 and Samsung BD-D5500...got some of the extra SMART TV features...if you TV doesn't already have them...

Innuendo    21

I received a Samsung BD-D5500 free with my HD TV and it's my first Blu-Ray player so I cannot comment on how speedy it is, but it seemed fast enough that I didn't feel like I was waiting an extra-ordinarily long time for the disc menu to come up. It also has the benefit of being able to play AVI, Divx, and MKV movies off of a flash drive.

philcruicks    259

It also has the benefit of being able to play AVI, Divx, and MKV movies off of a flash drive.

The 2 LG ones mentioned can also do this.