Assassin's Creed III Main Character Leaked

Including Native American imagery.

An image reportedly from Assassin's Creed III has leaked.

The image allegedly comes from Best Buy's internal employee news and was sent to Kotaku by an employee.

accc_1330566813.jpg

The image clearly features Native American influences, including a bow and arrow, headdress and necklace. The character is also wearing cowskin boots and holding what appears to be a Revolutionary pistol.

This seems to confirm popular rumors that the third installment of Assassin's Creed will be set in the American Revolution. For now, we're not sure, but earlier today Ubisoft confirmed that a major announcement will be coming on Monday.

IGN

Makes total sense from a lore standpoint, but I'm a little wary of a) shooting to far into the future and losing out on other periods of history, but that can be worked around, b) losing the parkour aspect in settings that lent themselves very well for it;

However, this will tie in easily with the idea of the Vault being in upper New York (revolution, or even french-indian war, that whole colonial period)

!!!!

Awesome!

As I stated in the official game thread, I would love this time period. I'm still confused to see how it will pan out, with there not being that many big structures to climb during this time period.

Excited nonetheless! Wonder what his name is?

I could see you travelling though, between Europe and the Americas, though.

Can't believe they chose the American History. It's the weakest of the History bunch. Should've chosen China or Egypt IMO. One of the things that attracted me to AC was the history in Roma, Damascus, Jerusalem. Guess I will pick this up for the heck of the series. I think China would have been the best fit. You can probably go through and see that the old "Kings Fortress" are huge buildings that one Auditore can climb. Maybe you can even climb The Great Wall too. Also, they've already started saying there are Assassins in China by introducing that female Character in AC Embers.

• Like 3

Can't believe they chose the American History. It's the weakest of the History bunch. Should've chosen China or Egypt IMO. One of the things that attracted me to AC was the history in Roma, Damascus, Jerusalem. Guess I will pick this up for the heck of the series. I think China would have been the best fit. You can probably go through and see that the old "Kings Fortress" are huge buildings that one Auditore can climb. Maybe you can even climb The Great Wall too. Also, they've already started saying there are Assassins in China by introducing that female Character in AC Embers.

Whaaaa?

Nevermind the actual American Rev. going on. You also have free masons, illuminati, all-seeing-eye, colonial Boston, sons of liberty, and tomahawks!

There is plenty of story they can do here, and a lot of underground happenings during this time they can explore, which perfectly fits with the AC series. Dan Brown books come to mind, in a sense.

Also the fact that no games ever explore this time period, so it'll be a great break out of the traditional concurrent settings.

Not to mention meeting awesome historical icons like Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams.

• Like 1

Whaaaa?

Nevermind the actual American Rev. going on. You also have free masons, illuminati, all-seeing-eye, colonial Boston, sons of liberty, and tomahawks!

There is plenty of story they can do here, and a lot of underground happenings during this time they can explore, which perfectly fits with the AC series. Dan Brown books come to mind, in a sense.

Also the fact that no games ever explore this time period, so it'll be a great break out of the traditional concurrent settings.

Not to mention meeting awesome historical icons like Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams.

George washington is templer!!!! he used the apple to cause the revolt

kill him in the final mission!!

:p

There were a lot of treasure discoveries in china as well like the Terracotta Army.

no.gif

This was supposed to be Desmonds story, I wish they would just hurry the **** up and finish the story, it was originally meant to be a trilogy before they decided to milk it and make the second game into a trilogy.

• Like 1

Whaaaa?

Yes. that is true. But that's all known theories. I want to know what the rest of the world has to offer. That's why the locations in Roma/Damascus/Jeruslam etc are so intriguing to me. Even as you said, the Dan Brown books, it's all known out to the world. I'd rather want to see something creative made out of the other countries, cause referring back to America's Illuminati is just doing the same thing over and over again.

GI cover story this month. This setting might just have me play AC2 through revelations. 2 started off slow but I really enjoy American history. Though I thought with all the 2012 talk from the devs that they were gonna wrap up the main story this year with Desmond. The GI article makes mention that this AC has been in development since AC2 was completed.

cov_228_v1_l.jpg

I wasn't actually expecting this. I was expecting something more along the lines of perhaps Napoleon or even WWII in terms of more recent history or even jump further back to Egypt/Alexander the Great.

This will definitely be a cool way for the series to go, but I'm still unsure how well the assassin hood fits in with this setting.

I wasn't actually expecting this. I was expecting something more along the lines of perhaps Napoleon or even WWII in terms of more recent history or even jump further back to Egypt/Alexander the Great.

This will definitely be a cool way for the series to go, but I'm still unsure how well the assassin hood fits in with this setting.

But does that time setting make place? I don't know the games history but the Templars date back to the Crusades in really life.

Interesting time to set it. Only played up to halfway through ACII so far so can't comment regards how well it fits the story, but I'll definitely look forward to giving this one a go. Nice to see developers doing something new in the setting for once. :thumbup:

I think the concept of the setting is amazing. I really feel some incredible things can be done with the storyline itself in this particular time period. However from an environmental game-play standpoint, I am really struggling to see how it is going to work. As already pointed out by others in the thread, if it sticks to "take some creative liberties" reality as the previous titles have, in theory it should lack the vertically inspired buildings and architecture that make the signature platforming of the series so enjoyable. It is that platforming that is one of my personal favorite game-play elements of the series. So to say the very least I am intrigued yet skeptical. Here's to hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

If it's set strictly during the Revolutionary war (which would be awesome), he could go to colonial Boston and Philadelphia to maintain the rooftop running AC is known for. The more countryside engagements could be forts (like the Ethan Allen confrontation) and... tall sailing ships / harbors, maybe.

But does that time setting make place? I don't know the games history but the Templars date back to the Crusades in really life.

Its not necessarily the Templars I'm thinking about, but the Assassins. Their history can date back much farther than the Templars.

I should also say, I will be picking this up even though everything I've said to hate about the time period. lol. I'm an AC fan, so it's a must buy.

So what this is going to be Red Dead, but with an Assassin? Count me out, colonial and revolutionary times do not interest. What happened to voting on the location, and if we really got to why the hell then say "its been in dev for years". Thanks for breaking the illusion we had a choice.

China would of been an amazing setting, the scope there is limitless. U.S revolution tho? WTF I mean just WTF!?!