8GB iPad 2 With iPad 3, 7.85-inch iPad In 3Q12

The amount of memory will make or break my purchase of the 3, tired of mine crashing left and right, with AT LEAST 6 low memory warnings a day.

I've never seen a "low memory warning" on an iPad...

I think all we know for sure is that the next iPad will have a higher resolution screen (as is evident in the drop shadows on the text in the image for the announcement invitation).

I do hope that they release a smaller iPad. A ~7-8" retina iPad would be better for me. Give me that with a data only cell plan and I might just drop my iPhone all together. Tired of paying for voice service I rarely use. I have access to phones...i don't need to pay $45/mo just to see how many rollover minutes I can accrue.

I think a lower price point is definitely needed on the iPad 2 to pull in those Kindle fire type people.. I like Glassed am really against the 8gb model and think we definitely need to just have 16gig as the base.

So what kind of tablet would you find the most exciting ?

1) a tablet with an s-amoled screen. (I'm looking for the galaxy tab 7.7 or better)

2) a tablet running windows 8 (finally you can access pc apps, just with the touch)

3) the ipad 3, which introduce high resolution

1 and 3 for me.

Check your error log, they do happen. In my case Facebook was crashing repeatedly due to low memory, but again, that was because the Facebook app is a pile of garbage.

I don't foresee an 8gb iPad 2 selling at $299. The 16GB is currently $450, the extra 8GB does not account for that difference.

Check your error log, they do happen. In my case Facebook was crashing repeatedly due to low memory, but again, that was because the Facebook app is a pile of garbage.

I don't foresee an 8gb iPad 2 selling at $299. The 16GB is currently $450, the extra 8GB does not account for that difference.

Yea but you have to remember that it will be a "last gen" product so they have to sell it for less + the savings from less storage, $299 might not be that far off

What on Earth are you running...? It sounds more like there are some poorly coded programs making a mess of things.

I kid you not, barely anything, i get the warnings just in safari. And crassh's even in safari. I can post my error logs, lol so far today i have 4 low memory wanings and 2 safari crash's so far since starting it 2 hours ago, and only been using the ipad off and on browsing neowin. Reload with no apps, same thing. I turn on multitouch and it gets worse.

I took screen iof all 6 pages of errors notifications sent to apple since last reload. And a screen of whatever log i clicked on diagnostic reports if you want to see, lol

* edit , put the images on skydrive, getting link now

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=635676c65a33bb6c&resid=635676C65A33BB6C!520&parid=635676C65A33BB6C!516&authkey=!AGqv6-e4V_3gRak

literally this is why i hate my iPad

Yea but you have to remember that it will be a "last gen" product so they have to sell it for less + the savings from less storage, $299 might not be that far off

We'll see next week, I suppose. I understand why they offer a cheaper, low end last-gen model with their iPhones, but they have never done it with their computers, so I guess we'll find out which side of the line the iPad ends up on.

Personally, I feel like going from $450 to $299 might **** people off, but I suppose the average user might just say "well, mine has more memory and that's why it was more."

Personally, I feel like going from $450 to $299 might **** people off, but I suppose the average user might just say "well, mine has more memory and that's why it was more."

Their last gen stuff is in their referbished / discounted section, but literally they only knock off $50-200 and thats it

Apple doesn't care about ****ing people off lol They dropped the price of the original iPhone by $200 a month or two after it came out....now that's a good way to **** people off

Here is a log of low memory/crash with just safari ( the mail app always runs in the background )

http://db.tt/S4UHbD5t

I don't know if memory in an iPad can fail independently, and if it did if it would still boot, but that's what it looks like is going on with yours. If you've done a clean install of the OS, I can't see how it could be a software issue.

I don't know if memory in an iPad can fail independently, and if it did if it would still boot, but that's what it looks like is going on with yours. If you've done a clean install of the OS, I can't see how it could be a software issue.

Have done multiple clean installs over past year, already called apple, as thinking about it, its just to much ofna PITA, hopefully i get it replaced instead of doing what they did with my 1st gen touch when battery was failing ( all they did was charge it and reload it when i sent it back (twice same issue).

If thy just reload it and send me on my way ( as in say the reload will fix or nothing they can do) ima be miffed, cause it will just do it again

Tablets are great for reading stuff, but they are terrible for productivity other than the doing email, tweeting and facebook!.

I have an ipad 2 and I use it occasionally to read emails, some Facebook and Neowin threads. Was using it to read Neowin threads about windows 8 as I was installing windows 8 on my laptop yesterday. but the MOMENT, I actually want to get something done I grab my laptop or go down to my desktop.

nope... just think its funny with the cool new hate fad for the kids ...

For years there was a big "hate" machine against anything Microsoft. And there still is, see some of the comments on this site against Win8. But that "hate" was just fine, it was the Apple and OSS sticking up for themselves, trying to get their word out, fighting the good fight against the evil MS. Now, when people use the very same arguments against Apple that were used against Microsoft, it is "hate" and results in whining and crying that is reminiscent of that video, but changed to be "Leave Apple alone!"

And yet, at the same time that people are complaining about the "hate" towards Apple, they will turn around and attack in the same way they are so upset over. It is a common tactic, make yourself seem like the victim. I call it needing to man up and quit your bitching.

Tablets are great for reading stuff, but they are terrible for productivity other than the doing email, tweeting and facebook

I find that to be nonsense really. They're an amazing tool during my classes and meetings.