The Artist [2011]

Absolutely agree. Easily one of the better films I have seen in a long time. It truly is brilliant. And I do not use that term brilliant to often for movies.

For example

his dream when they did use sound, seriously that was just amazing.

I went into it thinking it was overhyped, etc., but it did prove me wrong.

I will say this though. I am a big fan of film, have been my entire life, and I actually applied to NYU film school and got accepted based on my fine art portfolio, as I was going to go for cinematography. However I wound up going to Parsons School of Design in NYC instead for Illustration. A lot of that decision had to do with the insane additional "lab and equipment" fees one had to pay in addition to tuition. I mention all of this as one of my main ideas when I was in high school/college for a film was to do a silent horror movie. Make it really, really brutally violent, but no sound other than soundtrack. I thought it would be a really visceral experience and if done properly incredibly effective at being twisted, and this movie has made me want to rekindle that idea which is now almost 20 years old. :shiftyninja:

• Like 1

Is this the black and white film with the scruffy dog in it? I have to say I quickly got bored with it, but my neice loved it. Mind you I'm or into the action flick genre :(

Is this the black and white film with the scruffy dog in it? I have to say I quickly got bored with it, but my neice loved it. Mind you I'm or into the action flick genre :(

Yes its that one.

And I am also into all kinds of genre but this thing right here, is a masterpiece regardless of its genre (Y)