I hate Windows ME...

I restarted my mom's WindowsME computer and it says "Year 1962, No operating system found. Press F1 to retry boot sequence." I was like WTF! So I tried and tried and finally i just gave up turned off the computer. I turned it back on and it actually booted up! I couldn't freakin' believe my eyes!

I've tried to get my mom to put WindowsXP on it but she doesn't want to because it has

"THE WORM"<== Insert bad echo effect

So I guess we'll just have to deal with Y2K in 2003. Thanks Bill. :no:

hahahaha that sucks. maybe u should upgrade to linux? jk

um...well....uh..kill ME..and make it look like a erm..accident :ninja: and then blame it on "the worm"

If i even touch the case, she will freak out. Although she uses pliers to open the cd tray...which "spontaneously got stuck"

You may want to let her read this post, but do so at your own risk. It may or may not prove fatal depending on how much of a sense of humor she has.

Face it, your kids are better than you at computers. You'll probably hear them talking about RAM, BlueTooth, IEEE 1394, the latest NVidia drivers, the most recent milestone release of Firebird, and all sorts of other odd things which sound really weird. No, RAM is no longer an animal which lives in mountains and has large horns. BlueTooth isn't a new type of cavity, and no visit to the dentist is necessary. IEEE 1394 stands for something pertaining to data transfer protocols, and isn't really a set of cryptic letters and numbers. NVidia isn't a new club of drag racers. Firebird is a web browser, one which is better than "The Internet" (Internet Explorer).

You are ignorant of safe computer use policies. If you weren't, you'd be able to point to a CD holder on your desk which has your entire hard drive backed up onto it. You'd realize that Windows ME was the absolute worst pile of junk that Microsoft has ever let escape from its labs. The bugs built into ME make "The Worm" look as annoying as that damn paperclip in MSWord. You'd be able to tell me the specifications of your computer, from RAM, to processor, to your graphics card. And no, "Pentium" isn't a sufficient answer for processor.

The age of the abacus has come and passed. The days of the vacuum tube are over. 10 year old kids can hack together brilliant pieces of software in one sitting. We don't believe that rebooting should be a part of every day life. We don't think that crashes and BSODs (if you know what those are) should keep anyone from writing up their school reports.

We're lazy. We're out to fix problems, so that our lives become easier. You should let us. We won't destroy the world, that's the job of adults like you, who can vote, and be president, and go fight wars, and build nukes, and invade foreign countries.

You may want to let her read this post, but do so at your own risk. It may or may not prove fatal depending on how much of a sense of humor she has.

Face it, your kids are better than you at computers. You'll probably hear them talking about RAM, BlueTooth, IEEE 1394, the latest NVidia drivers, the most recent milestone release of Firebird, and all sorts of other odd things which sound really weird. No, RAM is no longer an animal which lives in mountains and has large horns. BlueTooth isn't a new type of cavity, and no visit to the dentist is necessary. IEEE 1394 stands for something pertaining to data transfer protocols, and isn't really a set of cryptic letters and numbers. NVidia isn't a new club of drag racers. Firebird is a web browser, one which is better than "The Internet" (Internet Explorer).

You are ignorant of safe computer use policies. If you weren't, you'd be able to point to a CD holder on your desk which has your entire hard drive backed up onto it. You'd realize that Windows ME was the absolute worst pile of junk that Microsoft has ever let escape from its labs. The bugs built into ME make "The Worm" look as annoying as that damn paperclip in MSWord. You'd be able to tell me the specifications of your computer, from RAM, to processor, to your graphics card. And no, "Pentium" isn't a sufficient answer for processor.

The age of the abacus has come and passed. The days of the vacuum tube are over. 10 year old kids can hack together brilliant pieces of software in one sitting. We don't believe that rebooting should be a part of every day life. We don't think that crashes and BSODs (if you know what those are) should keep anyone from writing up their school reports.

We're lazy. We're out to fix problems, so that our lives become easier. You should let us. We won't destroy the world, that's the job of adults like you, who can vote, and be president, and go fight wars, and build nukes, and invade foreign countries.

LOLOLOOLOL thats funny :D :D

Windows Me isn't all that bad. In fact it can do very well, and it does so for many people. Don't blame Me for human ignorance. Although, Me can be considered a product of MS ignorance... :whistle:

Windows ME wasnt all that bad :cry:

I didnt have much problem with it and if my friend didnt give me a free copy of XP home upgrade i think id still be on ME (thank goodness he gave me XP home :pinch: ) The only thing i hated about it is it would actually get errors while shutting down :huh: and it would just hang...

The best time I ever spent with ME was the day I took the CD out to a rough sealed road and run over it several times with my 4x4 , then slowly dropped peices of the CD out the Window as I drove home.

One of those treasured moments in life.

I bought Windows Me on eBay when it first came out, thinking it was going to be awesome. I soon learned it was not awesome at all, and I relisted it on eBay a month or so later. The really cool thing is I ended up selling it for quite a bit more than I originally paid. :happy:

i actually quite like windows me... and yes, other than this thread, i have heard a lot of bad things about windows me and everyone saying how they hate it...

but i still don't see what's so bad about it... it worked perfectly fine... format after format... even on all my friends systems... but oh well.. that's just my experience with with windows me

it worked perfectly fine... format after format

that doesn't sound good right there

and isn't that an Oxymoron?

Ah you guys, complaning about Windows ME, while it is a SUPERSTABLE OS.

That's why I upgraded my version recently to Win 2k :D

and I am GLAD I finally did!!!