I hate Windows ME...

windows me work great for my good old pentium 2, i dunno why people say it is worst win9x MS created

i also like the DOS things in Win98SE, but i cant see it on WinME :(

sure....... snippet1 ;)

As I said, I think WinMe sucks big time. Constantly BSOD's, errors, hung-ups etc.

Finally switched to Win2k and no probs here!

Can't see why anyone would like ME, its the only OS I know of (MS or not) with approx. 1-2 patches for O/S in its entirety! True there are other patches but they're for IE6, etc. and not for the O/S. Still not sure if they've fixed the rather stupid Memory Leak which kept occuring on my Cousin's PC - Q Page appeared on Microsoft Support page detailing it, but there was no fix. 98SE was and still is miles ahead in comparison.

ME was XP v-0.00000001 - included some of the functions of XP (System Restore) but inverted their functions in order to break the system - hmmm, maybe thats a benefit! :D

I found windows ME alright, was super stable and fast, had my pc up on avg of like 2 weeks before i restarted because of driver installs or apps, ran my games super smooth too, dunno why everyone b*tches about it :| , but I am now on XP PRO

What I never fully understood was why they decided to stick with a Win9x codebase while NT was there for ages. Just look at windows 2000....

To me, Windows ME was a failed attempt at bringing some of the Windows 2000 GUI changes and features to Windows 98...

I'm glad there's Windows XP (which I don't like that much, I prefer Windows 2000) so I soon shall no longer have to ever touch a Windows 9X workstation in the future. Fat32... uuuuugh.

Windows xp is allot better as me was a mistake. I agree it dose sound more like a prob with ya computer rarther than the os. Windows me only was affected by the work because its built around windows NT witch as i remember is ment to be safer from hackers and works? Anyway whats the diffrence between windows nt and window .net aint they the same thing?

Dan

One of the worst things about Me is there is no support for it. Seems like Microsoft just wants to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never existed.

Anyway whats the diffrence between windows nt and window .net aint they the same thing?

No, Windows NT was introduced in 1993 I believe. It was a true 32-bit multi-tasking operating system aimed at businesses and such, as opposed to their DOS based line of junk aimed at the peasants. Windows NT 3.1 was the first version; named so because it shared the same interface as Windows 3.1. Then came NT 3.5, NT 3.51, NT 4.0 using the Windows 95 interface, Windows 2000 and now XP.

Windows.NET is I guess a whole group of new technologies, or it was. I'm not really sure what the deal is with it. They keep changing their minds, changing the names, etc. It's just something to give people a migraine I guess.

Edited by Skyfrog

To all those using Windows ME, get of that crap and get yourself a working OS, like Windows 98se or XP Home. WinME, even if it works fine on the few people who depend on it, will crash and burn sooner or later. It happened to every single stupid computer that had ME loaded in and ****ed the hell outta me because all those computers were under my technical watch (at the time) I work with Win98se and XP pro computers at work and XP home at (surprise!) home now, and barely any problems. Please, people! Do everyone a favor (or at least us techies) and blast ME outta the world and get yourself a nice Win98se hacked iso.

Cheers

I always understood that .NET was microsoft way of prepairing us to not purchase software anymore, merely to rent office and windows monthly from Microsoft.

And ME Could be stable at times, It took about 3 months of tweaking and using only stable WHQL drivers and it would run fast and clean... but 2k was a blessing, totally except for games,

I dumped ME for XP beta 2 and never looked back

Now you see...whenever i try and play Half-life on this bugger, and quit out of the game, this happens

"/open window

/text WINDOWS ME HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN THE OS...WILL NOW CLOSE...EVERYTHING. HaHa!!

/close window"

the great part is, the resolution of thy desktop stays in 640*480...(the res i run it under).

Why microsoft, why!?!?

I say go ahead setup ur mom computer 2 Windows XP....no worn on my when i setup my comptuer 2 Win. XP...if not find some tweaks for Win ME. or say give me the blue screen of death...lol :rofl:

huh?

BTW, I might try telling my mom that the Windows XP "WORM" was completely wiped out and now XP is not affected by it. Then tell her that Windows ME is being targeted by it...she is just dumb enough to believe me :woot:

that doesn't sound good right there

and isn't that an Oxymoron?

lol, you might interpret it that way.. but what i meant by "format after format" was

1. i format my comp like at least 4 times a year.

2. friends often ask me to help format their comp.

so yeah, i don't use ME anymore.. but i'm just saying.. from my past with windows me... it hasn't ****ed me off

but yeah, i can understand where you're coming from dude... just a grammatical error

I restarted my mom's WindowsME computer and it says "Year 1962, No operating system found. Press F1 to retry boot sequence." I was like WTF! So I tried and tried and finally i just gave up turned off the computer. I turned it back on and it actually booted up! I couldn't freakin' believe my eyes!

I've tried to get my mom to put WindowsXP on it but she doesn't want to because it has

"THE WORM"<== Insert bad echo effect

So I guess we'll just have to deal with Y2K in 2003. Thanks Bill. :no:

Why dont you change teh system time via the bios and/pr replace the bios battery?