Unimpressed, Razer

I've used a Lycosa Mirror for over 2 years, still flawlessly working fine - however that being said, I've run through 3-4 mice, each with their own issues, especially the Mamba, that thign was atrocious!

Steel series > all :p

Yeah i like my steel series xai better then my razer imperator, overall you can just feel much solid on your hand. The clicks are just more satisfying. The only thing about the xai is that it is too loud (clicking). Razer for all my night time gaming :)

and my previous 3 years old razer diamond back is still working, gave it away to my friend.

Well, as i was reading through this, I can feel myself scrolling with my Naga more and more gingerly as I go down.

It still works perfectly, granted the only thing that is overworked is the scrolling as I read documents all day and hardly do gaming with it, go figure. I have the numpads programmed to type things like greek alphabet on MS Word. This is how sad it is.

The Logitech MX518 really is a special. Go for it if you are not style crazy or need 10 buttons. I got lachesis just because Logitech don't make mechanical keyboards.

Why go for the MX518 over the G400 though? Button wise, all I need is two extra on the side, like the DeathAdder. Not a fan of the MX's finish vs. the G400.

My DeathAdder 3.5G has been going strong for 2.5 years. Has very little wear. The quality of this mouse surpasses Logitech and Microsoft mice I have used in the past, by far. There is absolutely no comparison. I can't say one bad thing about my mouse, except it was a little expensive ($40), but I'm getting damn good use out of it.

I gave up with razer, had two mice, both started to double click on single clicking. Really, really annoyed me. On my Windows machine now I use the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and Logitech G9x mouse

I gave up with razer, had two mice, both started to double click on single clicking. Really, really annoyed me. On my Windows machine now I use the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and Logitech G9x mouse

I have the same setup! I have the G110 keyboard, and the G9X mouse, neither one is wireless, but I have had no trouble with them at all, in fact Logitech seems to have really good support, I have had a keyboard and mouse replaced under warranty and all it took was a phone call...

Why go for the MX518 over the G400 though? Button wise, all I need is two extra on the side, like the DeathAdder. Not a fan of the MX's finish vs. the G400.

looks like the G400 is higher dpi and a rubberised finish on the body of the mouse, but I've had 2 MX518s in the last 8 years, I've grown to love the shape, its comfortable for me and these days they are cheap as hell...

but now that i know the G400 exists i will probably pick that up next time for the higher dpi laser, as last time it broke, i just had to have another and didn't even look into alternatives... but the microsoft inteli mouse that i had to use when it did die gave me really bad cramp after prolonged use :p

Yeah my Copperhead started doing that. Managed to fix it by opening it up, and wrapping some paper round the button contacts as the plastic had some indentations made from the button. Didn't click as nice though.

Razer have actually got back to me now though. I've contacted the eBay seller asking if they're willing to do an exchange if not then Razer want details on the mouse.

i will never not have a Logitech MX518 - indestructible, only 5 button but does the job perfectly

Indestructible(or just never breaks down), eh? The 3 of them i had in the space of 4 years or so disagrees.

Indestructible(or just never breaks down), eh? The 3 of them i had in the space of 4 years or so disagrees.

Either you made that up, or you made the really weird to decision to not only buy the same model that broke, but replace it a further two times.

Either you made that up, or you made the really weird to decision to not only buy the same model that broke, but replace it a further two times.

Nope. It's true. Those 518's we're things that never lasted long. 1.5 years tops. Also, I didn't pay for two of the three. They were (free) replacements from logitech. After the 3rd one failed i gave the G5(version 2) a try and that was MUCH better. Managing well over 2 years with not being dead yet.

It's forum conversations like this that have saved me grief. When I was looking for a new mouse last Spring I was ever-so-close to picking up a razer? the specs on the box looked impressive.

I went online, read reviews and complaints, ended up with a totally different [kind / size / non-gaming] of mouse but I've been happy with it (my Logitech AnywhereMX)? it is wearing well, and I am not gentle with my equipment, I've gone through 4 mice in 5 years. I don't know what I do.. I must press buttons and scroll wheels too hard because they are always dying on me.

But this mouse has taken a beating. I am tempted to buy another one and just leave it in its box for when this one finally gives out on me.

Another vote for Logitech, definitely. Their products are amazingly durable, look nice, work well, are decently priced, and they have great customer service as well. It's not often that I get tied to a particular vendor for hardware--I feel like usually, a particular company will do a very specific thing well but not across the board--but I get all my peripherals from Logitech now.

My G400 arrived a few days ago and now that I've had for those few days, I've really grown to like it quickly!

It took months to get used to the DeathAdder.. Honestly don't know why I put up with it. Buyers remorse and stubborness most likely!

I use A4Tech mouses everywhere (note: budget shelf!) well since I can remember, and the only one that broke for me so far - which was by all means the most cheap regular optical mouse you can get - lasted a good few years.

Bought an X7 XL-750BK for gaming recently and I'm extremely pleased with it.

Has a comfortable texture, is well-weighted, nearly every button is programmable with macros and has a special one that lets me switch DPI between up to 6 modes from 400 to 3600. Also works without drivers once you configure it, because it writes everything into the firmware.

Cost me about $20.

Razer would be awesome if they put more quality and durability into their products as well as software and tech support.

I recently had a lachesis randomly "stop working" despite the amount of care I put into my hardware.

I get an issue where the mouse spazzes out uncontrollably all over my desktop, and it only happens on windows OS. On my linux box, it works fine.

I'm assuming its a problem with the horrible windows drivers they provide.