Big ending boss battles in games are overrated.

I agree, but quick-time events are rather annoying.

It was basically just the Modern Warfare 2 ending all over again.

As far as the changes go, I'm glad they're finally advancing the franchise. I like almost all the changes -- especially the button mapping.

As far as the changes go, I'm glad they're finally advancing the franchise. I like almost all the changes -- especially the button mapping.

I agree, I went into it expecting more of a final fight but oh well. I think with all of the work they did they just had to keep it on the simple side for SP. If Halo 5 is for the next Xbox then you can be pretty sure they'll put more into it on the SP side while I bet MP gets a round of smaller tweaks etc.

Except that they moved crouch from the Joystick to B (Call of Duty) and put sprint on the joystick (Call of Duty) as well as moved grenade switching in Halo to the same place as weapon switching in CoD.

That was because they added sprint as a distinct ability outside of armour abilities, it wouldn't feel right if they put that on the d-pad or so.

That was because they added sprint as a distinct ability outside of armour abilities, it wouldn't feel right if they put that on the d-pad or so.

Tbh, it doesn't feel right period. I don't really even use it.

I finished Campaign last Sunday and I can't feel anything but disappointed

- story is ok but execution is ****ed up.

- Background score is kind of bad/ok.

- I only played it on Normal so enemies were not much of challenge (planning to do a Legendary).

+ new weapons are nice and cool

- WTF did they do to weapon and vehicle sounds?

+ graphics are best of the series IMO (although prime example of graphics don't equate to better game)

- I kind of hate the Harry Potter + MW2 ending

-

Don't like his face exposed but I guess it's ok.

- MP is straight off hybrid between CoD and Halo. I don't know how you can say otherwise

+ MP is better than SP and still has a Halo feeling to it.

- Hate kill cam and Victory/Defeat announcements. Plain stupid.

- Hate MP lobby and overall UI which is a weird stepchild of Metro.

- Hate the progression system limiting simple things such as emblems

- Hate the CoD style reach SRxx to unlock stuff which is pretty much everywhere. Halo 5 might even require SR5 to activate left trigger on the controller!! :crazy:

- Hate the wailing on main menu :p

- I haven't pressed so many buttons in a single game, I think Master Chief probably pressed more buttons in Halo 4 than all previous games combined.

- Stupid achievements : upload file, save file etc.

+ The only saving grace so far IMHO is Spartan Ops. The story is ok and maps are recycled but it is still better than either SP or MP (probably because I only did co-op).

Overall: I will play it but disappointed.

Tbh, it doesn't feel right period. I don't really even use it.

I only use it when I see someone else doing it :p

Emnity, I personally don't see any similarity to COD, and I love loadouts. The gamplay is cool, enough to convince me to buy my first ever piece of Halo DLC, the Crimson Pack.

Bajirav, the campaign is ok, can't see it's amazing, but not as bad as you make it. I agree the soundtrack is underwhelming, that's what happens when you let the person who defined the sound of the series go.

It is the 1st of 3 games and of course he wasn't going to be gone in the first one. I am happy I didn't have to slug it out for someone I doubt was going to die for good.

OK, this is easily the biggest issue I have with the multiplayer: specializations. The fact that it takes so long to get them (level 50) means if you haven't reached them yet, you're going to get dominated most games. The advantages are pretty substantial for most of the specialization options. It just feels like the one area 343 clearly dropped the ball in terms of balance and customization.

I'm still nowhere near unlocking them, I'm only SR17 (And that's with an extra 26,000XP or so from ARG codes). I found it pretty funny that it made a big deal about getting early access to them with the LE, I prefer the case/extra contents/map packs myself.

I'm still nowhere near unlocking them, I'm only SR17 (And that's with an extra 26,000XP or so from ARG codes). I found it pretty funny that it made a big deal about getting early access to them with the LE, I prefer the case/extra contents/map packs myself.

I hit SR14 after 8-10MP and few SpOps games and it's going to be take some serious willpower on my part to reach level 50. :/ I hate progression systems like this or the ones in CoD. Ruins the game.

Does anyone know what maps from the Crimson Map Pack are available for the simple 4v4 team infinity slayer? That's about the only MP game type I'm really interested in right now. The 8v8 games are too chaotic and I dont find fun with pugs. Thanks.

Does anyone know what maps from the Crimson Map Pack are available for the simple 4v4 team infinity slayer? That's about the only MP game type I'm really interested in right now. The 8v8 games are too chaotic and I dont find fun with pugs. Thanks.

They're all really too big for 4v4. If they ever come up I vote against them because the matches just take too long and sometimes don't even reach the kill limit. I think Harvest might actually be the only one on the 4v4 playlist, but like I said, it's too big.

I hit SR14 after 8-10MP and few SpOps games and it's going to be take some serious willpower on my part to reach level 50. :/ I hate progression systems like this or the ones in CoD. Ruins the game.

I get the idea behind them, but if you don't play much (I might do 1-2 games a week) you get seriously penalized (Similar to the TF2 item system actually)

Halo Reach has the same level system, but at least that's only for visual changes.

I get the idea behind them, but if you don't play much (I might do 1-2 games a week) you get seriously penalized (Similar to the TF2 item system actually)

Halo Reach has the same level system, but at least that's only for visual changes.

That's why we have the specops missions though. If you fall behind on your SR level compared to others then hopping on a the newest SpecOps episode can help to quickly and easily give you Exp for later mp matches. I'm away for vacation so I haven't played any in 2 months. I think my rank is up at 22 or 23 maybe, and I'm a few specops episodes behind. Once I finish those I should be up close to level 25 or more for sure.

The game is AMAZING.

But there's a problem: It's incomplete.

I don't care if you bash me or not, but the Multi-player experience has lacked "variety":

• File share is not ready yet.
  • Forge maps do not appear on MP.
  • There seem to be inconsistency with the playlists, Sniper one week only?
  • Just 4 maps.... 4 maps on the Infinity slayer.

And...

1. Battle Rifle is a 5-shot kill :(

The awesome thing is that they are pushing updates weekly! Every week we have a new update, and/or fix/upgrade, so I kno

They're all really too big for 4v4. If they ever come up I vote against them because the matches just take too long and sometimes don't even reach the kill limit. I think Harvest might actually be the only one on the 4v4 playlist, but like I said, it's too big.

Thanks for the input! I will not purchase then. I've tried the larger game formats and I just don't find them as much fun when playing with random people on the Internet. For 8v8 and larger, it seems like it would only be fun if you were to join some kind of Halo Clan where there is some coordination. I'm not really wanting to commit to anything like that though.