I think we're in for a long string of updates, tweaks and fixes till it's late in the year and we're all talking about the new Xbox and halo 5.

I think we're in for a long string of updates, tweaks and fixes till it's late in the year and we're all talking about the new Xbox and halo 5.

As with any game that is a properly maintained online title, curious what prompted this post, or just random :)

As with any game that is a properly maintained online title, curious what prompted this post, or just random :)

Someone said they want/hope for more updates etc. Just saying that I expect to see them adding more things like Spartan Ops missions to tie right into Halo 5.

Just finally started digging into this, played some War Games and Spartan Ops - seems last week was Episode 3 then it switched to Episode 4 now. Just did those today (guess it's all on Legendary) I wanna play Episode 1 and 2 with in online matching though as it's hard as hell by myself on Legendary.

Seems they switch every week to something new (I think episodes 6-10 coming out next week). I like the challenges too that make you wanna keep playing. That damn timer, I look at it and go aww man, gotta keep going before it runs out!!

Oh well, finally starting to have fun with it. Still gotta finish it on Legendary solo and co-op so when someone's ready just message me and we can go from there :)

Getting a bit sick of carving a bloody path through a ****ton of bad guys, only to have the game spawn a ****ton more -_-

The number of times there have been so many crawlers I literally couldn't move.

God damn >.>

Just finally started digging into this, played some War Games and Spartan Ops - seems last week was Episode 3 then it switched to Episode 4 now. Just did those today (guess it's all on Legendary) I wanna play Episode 1 and 2 with in online matching though as it's hard as hell by myself on Legendary.

Seems they switch every week to something new (I think episodes 6-10 coming out next week). I like the challenges too that make you wanna keep playing. That damn timer, I look at it and go aww man, gotta keep going before it runs out!!

Oh well, finally starting to have fun with it. Still gotta finish it on Legendary solo and co-op so when someone's ready just message me and we can go from there :)

Can you go tonight man?

why is the Crimson Pack segregated? why can't they do it like with COD where it automatically detects which DLC you have when matchmaking? when I go online there's maybe 700 people on Crimson, and 20K on Big Slayer. doesn't make sense.

at least I did finally get to SR-20. I think that's enough for me, really good MP but time to finish the campaign after like four months!

why is the Crimson Pack segregated? why can't they do it like with COD where it automatically detects which DLC you have when matchmaking? when I go online there's maybe 700 people on Crimson, and 20K on Big Slayer. doesn't make sense.

at least I did finally get to SR-20. I think that's enough for me, really good MP but time to finish the campaign after like four months!

The Crimson playlist is there if you only want to play the Crimson map pack and nothing else. If all other players you are matched with in the regular playlists have the Crimson map pack, it'll still give you some options on those maps. In other words, you can still play on the Crimson maps while in the other playlists.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not getting much time playing this game (or any game for that matter) and whenever I do get time, I mostly prefer playing in Big Team Battle as that's where most of population seems to be. I wanted to do usual 4v4 Team Infinity Slayer but it was taking longer than normal to find a game (I have Crimson DLC) and then when it did, I played 2/3 games where opposite team was full of campers with ****ing Promethean Vision. So 343i got rid of armor lock to give us Promethean Vision. I gave up!

Oh man, this is fast turning out to be my least favorite Halo multi-player. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please! :D

Sorry, forgot to come back to this because I thought my friend was going to take it. He never did so I have 102 2XPs. Gotta be facebook friends to share though. Sent you a PM.

Man, I'm way behind in Spartan ops missions, everyone online is playing episode 8 and I'm still back at episode 3. This is what happens when you've been away for 2 months or more.

I'm always up to date! :D I just wish I was host since I have the fastest internet in my city, just so I could help others have less lag. :p

The Crimson playlist is there if you only want to play the Crimson map pack and nothing else. If all other players you are matched with in the regular playlists have the Crimson map pack, it'll still give you some options on those maps. In other words, you can still play on the Crimson maps while in the other playlists.

Thanks a lot for the info man, sorry for the late reply. finally finished the SP just now, good ending, quite emotional. this was a good game, to me as good as Halo 3 and much better than Reach.

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 4: Majestic Map Pack Details

It's been developed in tandem with external developer Certain Affinity, which has worked on several pieces of Halo content for Microsoft in the past.

The expansion contains 3 new maps designed for up-close-and-personal gameplay, best suited to small teams. The maps are titled Landfall, Monolith and Skyline.

Furthermore, the pack includes 2 new DLC playlists and a new free-for-all game mode called Infinity Rumble. The game is set up in a way that every kill and death feels meaningful, this is created by having slower spawn times in the free-for-all matches. Infinity Rumble will be exclusive to the Majestic DLC playlist for a period of time. The 2 new playlist are Majestic FFA DLC for 8 players, and Majestic Team DLC for 4 vs. 4.

There are 10 new achievements, if you're into that sort of thing ? that's 250 points.

The new maps will also be integrated into existing Infinity Slayer, Capture the Flag, SWAT, Regicide, Doubles, Team Objective and Team Throwdown playlists. DLC maps will appear in a playlist if all members of the match have the content purchased or the War Games Map Pass, Microsoft said.

800 MS Points // Included with War Games Pass // April

I'm quite behind on those myself, probably even further behind than you.

Yeah, everyone is playing the newest episode so I have to go it alone, not a issue but it makes the time it takes to finish each chapter longer. I hope they use these episodes to tie into halo 5 though.

800 MS Points // Included with War Games Pass // April

These will be hopefully better than Crimson. Halo 4 seriously lack smaller maps. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Larger maps again in Castle map pack :/

From the numbers of users I see playing in my area of live, dunno if it's split up by EU and US servers or whatever but way more people seem to play big team slayer compared to a few hundred playing some of the other modes. I figure they see this and just go with that, more maps for more players etc.

I really want to know if they'll do a new season of Spartan Ops or what? The way season one ended is a good setup for halo 5 though.