http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo

I like how Halo threads always attract people who don't actually like or play it. :/

I really enjoy the armor redesigns but what I don't understand are why bring the Battle Rifle back and what's up with the mech?

I'm glad 343 is taking the initiative with this game, but I fear they may go too far away from what makes Halo... Halo. This isn't enough gameplay to really say anything about how it plays, but I can say the music isn't what I'd expect from a Halo game.

I really hope they are not removing DMR, I love it much more than BR. The mech and how the "4" forms in above video are both curious.

Dude, Halo 3 had some pretty bad bullshots, especially when the real running resolution was found out.

http://www.planetxbo...aign_Screenshot

halo-3-master-chief-shoots-screenshot-big.jpg

chief-campaign.jpg

None of this is anything new, wait for gameplay videos.

except thwe first one is how it looks when scaled up to be sent to a HDTV, blurry AA and all. the second one is from one of the in game "live" FMV's and is how they looked. just like the first H3 promo video they showed on whatever E3 it was, was exactly like in the game, except the final version was better because by then they had sharpened up the engine even more.

except thwe first one is how it looks when scaled up to be sent to a HDTV, blurry AA and all. the second one is from one of the in game "live" FMV's and is how they looked. just like the first H3 promo video they showed on whatever E3 it was, was exactly like in the game, except the final version was better because by then they had sharpened up the engine even more.

And these?

Halo-3-screen-2.jpg

Master_Chief_%26_The_Arbiter.jpg

halo-3-screenshots-xbox.jpg

halo3pic3.jpg

Added AA, higher resolution, better textures. Halo 3 is not immune to the bullshot list, it's actually one of the quite well known titles on that list.

Don't see any big problems with the first one, same scaled up "blurriness", the second one is even scaled down as is nothing wrong with. The third one is an obvius staged shot to show of the characters and was never presented as "in game" in the first place. but they are the in game assets as they appear in game, probably staged in game and taken with the in game screenshot tool which renders at a higher resolution with much better AA, which could also be the case of the first one here, possibly screenshot rendered with the in game tool.

Unless it's on PC, it will never look that good with the Xbox 360's hardware. Those are promotional screenshots (otherwise known as "bullshots"). And Bungie isn't the only developer to do it. Anyway, the Halo 4 vid doc has renewed my interest in the game. I didn't think they could top Halo Reach but it looks like they might do it.

Don't see any big problems with the first one, same scaled up "blurriness", the second one is even scaled down as is nothing wrong with. The third one is an obvius staged shot to show of the characters and was never presented as "in game" in the first place. but they are the in game assets as they appear in game, probably staged in game and taken with the in game screenshot tool which renders at a higher resolution with much better AA, which could also be the case of the first one here, possibly screenshot rendered with the in game tool.

Okay HawkMan, you win, that seems to be the halo 3 you see when you put it in you 360 :p

As good as Halo 4 is going to look, I wonder if your copy will look extra special!

• Like 1

And these?

<<-->>

Added AA, higher resolution, better textures. Halo 3 is not immune to the bullshot list, it's actually one of the quite well known titles on that list.

I think the first one might be actually a real shot, screenshots generated by Halo3 were actually a bit better than actual gameplay. In any case, the ViDoc shows actual gameplay and looks a bit better than Reach although, can't be sure.

I'm pretty sure it's been said officially at some point that Halo 4 is using a new engine and not a tweaked halo 3 or reach version. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or w/e but regardless I don't see why anyone would bring Halo 3 into this gfx wise. It'd be better to compare the gfx to Reach when the time comes.

I'm pretty sure it's been said officially at some point that Halo 4 is using a new engine and not a tweaked halo 3 or reach version. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or w/e but regardless I don't see why anyone would bring Halo 3 into this gfx wise. It'd be better to compare the gfx to Reach when the time comes.

I agree, who would want to use an old engine that looks like crap :o. Oh yes, I went there. :D

Okay HawkMan, you win, that seems to be the halo 3 you see when you put it in you 360 :p

As good as Halo 4 is going to look, I wonder if your copy will look extra special!

Good rebuttal, full of facts and no personal attacks and completely not childish at all.

Good rebuttal, full of facts and no personal attacks and completely not childish at all.

Grow a thicker skin mate, anyway you and I both know Halo 3 does NOT look like that when you play it on the 360, that IS a fact. How so? Cause we've both played the game on a console, not just looked at screenshots of something we can't play.

It's one thing to speculate how an unreleased game is going to look from dev cycle pre-release screenshots, it's another thing to try and say a game which anyone can play, because it is released, looks like it's pre-release screenshots.

Halo Reach's Firefight seems to have similar detail to those reportedly BS screenshots above, if not better. From the screens posted above I can say that the game does look that good.

reach2326776full.jpg

Grr, must repost my reply :|

Halo Reach's Firefight seems to have similar detail to those reportedly BS screenshots above, if not better. From the screens posted above I can say that the game does look that good.

post-162840-0-99458000-1330991635_thumb.

ps: Some Halo 3 screens from my fileshare:

post-162840-0-42160200-1330991599_thumb.

post-162840-0-16647700-1330991807_thumb.

post-162840-0-37419200-1330991620_thumb.

Grow a thicker skin mate, anyway you and I both know Halo 3 does NOT look like that when you play it on the 360, that IS a fact. How so? Cause we've both played the game on a console, not just looked at screenshots of something we can't play.

It's one thing to speculate how an unreleased game is going to look from dev cycle pre-release screenshots, it's another thing to try and say a game which anyone can play, because it is released, looks like it's pre-release screenshots.

Except for the first and third one in your second btch, yes it does, As for those two. It still does, but with less AA inc they they seem to have been rendered with the screenshot tool.

I'll be purchasing this at a midnight launch regardless if it's worse looking or better than any Halo out on the market today. I'm excited. I haven't enjoy a Halo game (an actual game) since Halo 3 before it really died down to me when Gears 2 launched (2008). I need a Halo fix.

• 3 weeks later...

First section of OP is quoting a description of Halo Reach?

You're right. I must've had the Halo: Reach wiki article open in another tab when I made this thread.

I with they would come out with a PC version. Those are fake though. Microsoft has already dismissed them i think. Ha! Halo 2 had to have Windows Vista to run.......unless you applyed the unofficial crack..... :rofl: whee

I really enjoy the armor redesigns but what I don't understand are why bring the Battle Rifle back and what's up with the mech?

I really hope they are not removing DMR, I love it much more than BR. The mech and how the "4" forms in above video are both curious.

The BR is back because the DMR was the precursor to it...Reach was set before the other Halo games.

Now in Halo 4 is the most futuristic of the Halo series it will contain a more modern version of the BR, not a much older DMR.