I really liked the music. The spec ops missions also sound awesome. New content each week for a few months and it comes with the copy of the game and is not paid for DLC. I was planning to buy a new 360 this summer but this game I am getting really excited for this and might just wait till there is a holiday Halo 4 branded xbox. I like what 343 is doing and based on what was in the GI cover story they could top Bungies work.

Another interesting change to Halo 4 is loadouts. Rather than everyone rolling out with the same weapons online, players bring customized gear into battle. Everyone packs a primary and secondary weapon, armor abilities (including active camo, jetpack, and hologram) grenade type (plasma grenade is still unconfirmed). Weapons still appear around the map, of course, but they appear in random spots via drop pods. In another interesting minor tweak, the respawn in Team Slayer is instantaneous rather than reliant on a clock.

Sounds pretty interesting, though I don't particularly like the idea of weapons appearing in random spots. I don't really understand what the problem with pre-determined weapon placement is. It actually makes the game a little more exciting in a way, since you get some exciting battles breaking out near some of the more powerful weapons. I'm also not enthused about the return of armor abilities, but at least they didn't name Armor Lock in that list, so hopefully that piece of crap is gone for good.

I wonder which weapons will be available in the loadouts, and which will have to be picked up.

Sounds pretty interesting, though I don't particularly like the idea of weapons appearing in random spots. I don't really understand what the problem with pre-determined weapon placement is. It actually makes the game a little more exciting in a way, since you get some exciting battles breaking out near some of the more powerful weapons. I'm also not enthused about the return of armor abilities, but at least they didn't name Armor Lock in that list, so hopefully that piece of crap is gone for good.

I wonder which weapons will be available in the loadouts, and which will have to be picked up.

I like it as it can shift the focus of battle, instead of the same spots being fought over they will move. So once players notice this item spawn their will be a convergence. Or like 343 stated themselves a new player who doesn't know the map as well has a chance at getting the weapon.

I like it as it can shift the focus of battle, instead of the same spots being fought over they will move. So once players notice this item spawn their will be a convergence. Or like 343 stated themselves a new player who doesn't know the map as well has a chance at getting the weapon.

I don't understand this concept. Burden of knowledge is bad, yes but to what extent? If it isn't weapons people fight over it will be map locations and rushing random spawns will create more chaos and more confusion making it more difficult for newer players to learn the game anyways.

I don't understand this concept. Burden of knowledge is bad, yes but to what extent? If it isn't weapons people fight over it will be map locations and rushing random spawns will create more chaos and more confusion making it more difficult for newer players to learn the game anyways.

Still a better idea than fighting over the same spots in the same maps over and over. This way more of the map is used and each game can have a different flow to it. Unless you're the type of player who likes running the same path to the same spot and camping.

Still a better idea than fighting over the same spots in the same maps over and over. This way more of the map is used and each game can have a different flow to it. Unless you're the type of player who likes running the same path to the same spot and camping.

If its anything like Firefight in Reach, then this will still be the case.

If its anything like Firefight in Reach, then this will still be the case.

Frankie has said that it won't be completely random and is still somewhat predictable.

Frankie has said that it won't be completely random and is still somewhat predictable.

Which means people will still camp, just without the same consistency or predictability there has been in past games.

Meanwhile, the PC fanbase for Halo doesn't even have Halo 3 yet. I've patiently waited 8 years to "finish the fight."

:cry:

I know your pain. :(

See the New Halo 4 Footage from Conan

Your first look at some brand-new crates. Also, ships and guns.

New Halo 4 footage appeared on Conan tonight. It came on the tail end of a rather lengthy comedy bit featuring 343 Industries' Frank O'Connor and Kiki Wolfkill alongside Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter.

There isn't much to see, but we do get a look at the battle rifle doing serious damage to some Spartan sucker's face on the Wraparound map. If you're really hardcore, you'll notice that the scope view looks quite different, more rectangular.

In addition, we get a peek at a "gray box" render -- that is, no textures, but the geometry is all in place -- of a hanger filled with human ships. Pelicans, to be exact. What are UNSC boats doing out in the middle of alien space? Maybe this is a multiplayer map despite the video claiming it's a campaign scene? Maybe it's just for a sketch. Maybe this is just delving into wild, nerdy speculation.

Really, though, the real draw here is nine minutes of O'Brien badgering Frank O'Connor relentlessly. Enjoy.

I don't know why the scope is rectangular. That in and of itself is just odd. I'll watch through all of it later when I can hear the audio (at work atm so can't listen). I REALLY want to hear what was coming out of Conan's mouth during that recording session. His face was priceless in the silence. :laugh:

I don't know why the scope is rectangular. That in and of itself is just odd. I'll watch through all of it later when I can hear the audio (at work atm so can't listen). I REALLY want to hear what was coming out of Conan's mouth during that recording session. His face was priceless in the silence. :laugh:

The sounds he and Andy made should be added as IWHBYD lines in game :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Microsoft today emailed a pieces of Halo 4 artwork to everyone, I got one too.

You can read Forward Unto Dawn's name on the disintegrating ship. :) nice touch.

The completed artwork (courtsey of HBO folks)

post-62693-0-12101900-1337049914_thumb.j

• Like 1

Microsoft today emailed a pieces of Halo 4 artwork to everyone, I got one too.

You can read Forward Unto Dawn's name on the disintegrating ship. :) nice touch.

The completed artwork (courtsey of HBO folks)

post-62693-0-12101900-1337049914_thumb.j

Artwork by HBO? You mean the TV station/studio w/e? If so I think it'd be cool since HBO likes it's mini-series and since a movie is not going to happen now, that they could do a show maybe?

I hate you so much MS for not making a PC version ... even if it looks like the damn Halo2 for PC , I want it

where is the FUUUUUUUUUUUUU pic

Artwork by HBO? You mean the TV station/studio w/e? If so I think it'd be cool since HBO likes it's mini-series and since a movie is not going to happen now, that they could do a show maybe?

halo.bungie.org ;)

The BR is back because the DMR was the precursor to it...Reach was set before the other Halo games.

Now in Halo 4 is the most futuristic of the Halo series it will contain a more modern version of the BR, not a much older DMR.

I LOVE Serious Sam 3's DRM. Just Google it.

halo.bungie.org ;)

Oh, lolz. My hopes just got shattered, damn you.