The Official PDC 2003 Thread

Here is a new video (Avalon Transparencies) straight from Paul showing how Avalon works with the windows (still called explorer?).

Nice alerts! I hope the error dialogues will be alerts now. That would make it sooo much nicer.

Actually it is.. some sort of.. in PDC 4051, if you try to plug a device not working, or with no driver, the error notification appears like this.

But when a soft crashes.. well still like before ^^

two questions....

where can i download myriad pro for free? i downloaded an apple font pack once i think from aquaxp.com but there download section is closed now.

also i cant beileve no one knows the music!! ive heard it on a car commercial before too. im gonna try to do some research

edit/update: the song is called Horn Dog and its by Overseer

Edited by MikeCoz

Just a note that MY netgear NIC FA311 is receiving Code 10 errors after drivers are installed. This didn't occur on Build 4015. This build is definitely picky on drivers. This could be a glitch as well who knows. Well off to finish my MS recertification.

Totally bodacious clock. (Y) Yah!

But there could be a problem! admin.gif

There are people that cannot read an analog clock!!! I joke, not!

So to be totally correct Microsoft will probably need to make it "talk" the time. :shifty:

From the screenshots I see the back button but where is the forward button?

The XAML looks exciting(M$ extending it's reach to the net.)

Wonder what will be the price of Longhorn once it's out in 3 years?

(My next PC will be DIY! no more brands for me)

From the screenshots I see the back button but where is the forward button?

The XAML looks exciting(M$ extending it's reach to the net.)

Wonder what will be the price of Longhorn once it's out in 3 years?

(My next PC will be DIY! no more brands for me)

The forward button is to the right of the Back button, but it is invisible because there is nothing to go foward to. And I think the back button is always there, but disabled if there is nothing to go back to.

two questions....

where can i download myriad pro for free? i downloaded an apple font pack once i think from aquaxp.com but there download section is closed now.

No I believe you can't download Myraid Pro for free :/

Edited by session

Strange. Says it would take 10 minutes to set up hardware and it takes 30 to 40 minutes to do that on my machine. Couldn't believe how much freakin' memory is consumed for just EXPLORER.EXE! In 2000, it's slightly less than 5 MB. In XP, it's between 15 - 20 MB. In Longhorn, it's almost 70 MB! Something tells me that it's going to get even worse unless if one could optimize a version for lower end PC's.

Well it should be said one more time :

Alpha build = new things tested, lot's of time is spent on ideas

Beta build = debug, speed up parts, as well as keeping only best ideas from alpha build. A lot of interim builds are released during that time to tweak, debug, track any problems found before.

RC build = (Release Candidate) then you enter the final phase, the time to tune up the os, not the best part but actually you are near to get the final product.

So where does belong the Pdc build ?... Alpha build, so please people be realist on what you may think/believe/see/say : It's an alpha build, so it's basically a show case of what to come. Not the product you will be playing with and whine in 2 years :) ! It's like you see a cake not even baked and say :"awfull" after tasting it...