Windows 8 Consumer Preview: A Call for Common Sense

I personally hate using metro on my desktop with a mouse it's annoying as hell but on my laptop with a multi-touch touchpad it's actually pretty cool and will probably be down right awesome on a touch based tablet or all in one system.

• 1 year later...

From the OP:

Either test the Windows 8 Consumer Preview or don't. But if you're intent on using it as if it were Windows 7, please, I'm begging you. Stop wasting your time. And stop wasting mine.

Kind of funny how one year later that very same Thurrott is now calling for a return of the NT brand and product... :unsure:

Windows 8 is a hybrid OS that seeks to serve both tablets and other highly mobile devices as well as traditional PCs. But because Windows 8 includes both Metro and traditional desktop interfaces, it is optimized for neither, and is the opposite of Microsoft?s ?no compromises? promise. The people who can?t stand Windows 8 are the same that used to gravitate to NT, power users, IT pros, and developers, and they would have happy-ecstatic, really?to give up the Fisher Price silliness of Metro for a desktop-only version of Windows 8 that is actually optimized for the hardware they really use.

It should be called Windows NT.

I'm sort of amazed I need to communicate this. After all, you're a power user, right? But I am distressed at the absolute lack of sophistication I see here. And it needs to stop.

Dumb comment and really didnt pay much attention to the rest. Yes, the OP is several months old but apparently, I missed this.

Not everyone is a power user and not everyone gets things like this guy apparently does. I am so glad he is knowledgabe about everything there is.