1 year since having any pop! not even a sip!

I personally cut back long ago, used to drink 3-5 cans of soda a day,

**** **** i drink one can a week and i already think it's too much. Should be one can a month on a special occasion (watching a pop corn movie). Everytime i drink coca it's like someone stripped my stomach.

Truly, one year is a great accomplishment. Congrats!

I've gone a few months without but working 12 hour night shifts makes it difficult. I'm a sucker a Diet Mountain Dew every now and then. So, can't say I've given it up completely but I might have 1 soda every couple weeks. I drink a lot of tea and water now.

Good for you! I can't stop drinking pop/soda. It's too yummy in the tummy! Hopefully I can quit drinking pop soon. Drinking pop isn't good for you. It has lots of sugar in it.

Does anyone else find that they learn better after a can of Coke? I swear by a few cans of Coke before learning a new process at work, it keeps my usually bored brain active.

Does anyone else find that they learn better after a can of Coke? I swear by a few cans of Coke before learning a new process at work, it keeps my usually bored brain active.

Caffeine and sugar have that effect. However, that doesn't mean it's healthy to drink soft-drinks regularly.

Quackery, Ask her what she thinks about apple's and other fruits.

Fructose Sucrose SSDN

I'm betting the answer has a lot to do with fiber.

Damn its been 11 days for me and now whenever I get thirsty I instantly crave Coca Cola...

I ain't giving up my Coke. If they want it they can pry it from my cold, dead hands. :D

Quackery, Ask her what she thinks about apple's and other fruits.

Fructose Sucrose SSDN

I'm betting the answer has a lot to do with fiber.

Not quackery, it's food science. Sugars in fruits are fine as there is fibre in fruits that counteracts the boost in blood sugar you get when eating them. The problem with fruit juice is that this fibre is taken away when they extract the juice so you do get big jumps in blood sugar when you drink them. Also when you drink fruit juice it's the juice of many fruits, much more than you would consume if you had to eat them.

To put it simply your body doesn't need sugar, it doesn't have any nutritional value ... but it does need the vitamins and minerals found in fruits of course.

This is a big subject area and could take a while to explain what effects sugar has on the body.