Crytek's Warface Closed Beta Sign-up

The name really is stupid, but why not.

I like Crytek, and their engine. I'd like to see it used more, in more varied environments (Crysis 1 = awesome desert island, Crysis 2 = rubble. Give me northern forests, etc.)

nvm

Reserved the ID.

Trailer looks neat (Y)

ID reserved. Finally, a new game engine for MMOs (let alone F2P MMOs).

Crysis wars was actually pretty fun i thought. Or from what I remember it was anyways, so im eager to see how this plays out.

Im just a bit unsure due to the free to play element, as having just finished Ghost Recon beta, all I can say about that was how much of a drab, bland, nothing new, game it was.

i just hope this is actually fun to play and has some interesting co-op missions. Tho if they deliver on the promised pve/pvp modes this could be a winner.

Warface: Yeah, it's Actually Called Warface

We don't know either, but hey it's cool

What happens when you take Crysis 2, dip it in a boiling vat of Team Fortress 2, then wrap the whole thing in Modern Warfare 3? You get some potentially delicious new free to play shooter called Warface.

Warface's title is either a tongue in cheek jab at other war shooters, or the rough translation for a Ukrainian word I've completely made up that means "the look in your killer's eyes before he ends your life in the heat of battle."

The co-op mode sets Warface apart from other shooters. Every day Crytek loads new missions to complete using the game's random mission generation. All of the co-op missions feature moments where you have to use teamwork. If there's a huge armored enemy blocking a bridge, chances are there's a way for you to boost your partner over a ledge somewhere and sneak around behind him while the rest of the squad distracts the enemy. The co-op moves instantly created that situation where you're yelling into the headset, "Get over here! No, the other side of the bridge! Just jump!" But when you pull it off it's pretty satisfying.

The daily missions have dedicated leaderboards where you can earn credits for unlocking new weapons and gear. The weapons can be customized with things like scopes, bayonets, silencers, and other useful items. If you suck at one day's mission, no worries, the leaderboards reset. So new players are never too far behind to earn credits.

There is, of course, a pvp mode to Warface, set in some "near future" urban areas. And it has multiple modes, though deathmatch is the only one seen so far. You earn points for everything, and the game scores you based on things like kills, headshots, and accuracy. The better you play, the more points you earn. You do not, however, earn points for using that cool slide move that Crysis 2 had. But you can slide under nearly every truck in any level (and it will annoy your teammates, so that's funny too).

For those of you worried that a game using CryEngine 3 is beyond your system's capabilities, good news. Crytek developed Warface to use as low system reqs as possible. Anyone with at least a 2 Ghz processor and 1 GB of RAM should be able to war all the faces they can handle.

IGN

If they can encourage the whole 'team' atmosphere, rather than people just helping themselves rather than those on their team, it could be a brilliant game worth playing aye.