• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Has Apple Lost The Plot?

PyX    140

Well rumors say that in June we will see a new iPhone. Probably an iPhone 5? Who knows, but I personally will not bother with it unless it has a bigger screen. If it doesn't have a bigger screen, then I am keeping my 4S.

Upgrading from an iPhone 4S to no matter what Apple will come out next in June is extreme IMO. The iPhone 4S has just been released.

As for me, I am desperately waiting for the next iPhone because they?re supposed to change a LOT of things. But had I bought the 4S, I would keep it until it dies.

kizzaaa    13

Just read the article and I think it has two or three good key messages despite being poorly and unprofessionally communicated with a lot of sensationalism.

Recently there has been less hype surrounding Apple products (e.g. comparison of product launch, iPhone 4S vs iPhone 3G, iPad 2 vs. iPad 2012). Despite being one of the most successful MNCs the long-term profit growth of Apple is also questionable/unlikely to be as great as the past few years based on the trending in the 18 months.

Albert    69

written by a rumour-mongering end user who know sheet about the business or manufacturing processes. simple as that.

i guess ignorance is bliss.

Kaoxt    16

Upgrading from an iPhone 4S to no matter what Apple will come out next in June is extreme IMO. The iPhone 4S has just been released.

As for me, I am desperately waiting for the next iPhone because they?re supposed to change a LOT of things. But had I bought the 4S, I would keep it until it dies.

I've heard the opposite. Seems screen size will be staying the same for sure.

watchthisspace    33

I don't think Apple is losing or lost the plot. I think that now they've become a household name, everyone's expects them to live up to this reputation of being virus free and producing products that are bug free and near on perfection. And of course they're almost like any other company and do have manufacturing defects, software faults etc.. They still produce fantastic looking products, solid software. But at the same time, they've got to perform at a high level.

You wouldn't think much of a Dell Tablet (for example) that runs a little hot due to a design fault, but if an iPad exhibited the same thing, people will get vocal about it. Antenna gate is a good example of this.

OTAU    1

It's Fudzilla, he makes controversial articles to get more clicks -> more ad revenue.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree. But I mean surely Apple won't be valued at $1trn like so many are saying recently? When is this bubble going to burst? Is it another MS like bubble? :/

Crazysah    7

Yeah, I'd tend to agree. But I mean surely Apple won't be valued at $1trn like so many are saying recently? When is this bubble going to burst? Is it another MS like bubble? :/

Well, you never know. The stock is poised to hit $1000 and that could trigger a lot of things.

PyX    140

I've heard the opposite. Seems screen size will be staying the same for sure.

Hmmm? I?ve heard about 4G network (LTE?), a 4" or 4.6" screen size, a new thinner design, the use of liquid metal, an A5X processor, a screen backlight saving 90% battery life, 128GB capacity, better iCloud support, Siri no more in Beta, Siri being able to search in Maps in Canada, iOS 6, support with a rewritten iTunes 11, ? and probably a better GPS and camera like they always do.

And my personal assumption that you won?t see anywhere on the web : Completely rewritten Maps to become a 3D GPS as it should have always been. I think it?s the next logical step in iOS 6.

Not everything I mentioned is directly related to the hardware of the iPhone per se, I will give it to you, but upgrading the entire ecosystem will make me sold for it. In fact, I was thinking about buying a 64GB iPhone 4S this morning and sell it when the next iPhone is out and get the next iPhone for like $100 because I have many rebates to get from my carrier (yes I know I have said it was extreme in the post up there, but I really want the next iPhone and not the 4S), but I thought I would lose a few hundreds in the process. I?ll keep suffering with the slowness of my iPhone 3GS ? I am already sold for their next release without even knowing what it?s going to be, but knowing it?ll be better than the 4S !