The dream sequences in the old ones had great atmosphere, but the whole "let's play this level again, but this time you walk on a balance beam over a bottomless pit!" was... less than stellar.

I loved it. Enough said in that respect.

My one complaint (as I mentioned in the Neogamr podcast) is that I lost track of/couldn't remember the narrative progression once or twice thanks to the flashback levels. I played it first shot on hard with free aim, and the levels took some time to complete and so there were some moments during the flashback levels where I went "hang on, what does this do with what I was doing in the previous level?" before I eventually realized it was in the past.

But again, everything else was great.

you really are getting me all wet for this game Larry! can't wait to play it now. i totally understand what you're saying about Rockstar and shooting...it was OK with GTA IV, fun with RDR, back to barely enjoyable in LA Noire, and now it seems finally spot-on. that's good news.

def am surprised at the lack of dream sequence as I def remember the dream sequence in the original Max Payne as one of my favorites of all time. The hallway or corridors seemed to stretch as I ran through an endless maze, i think i remember hearing a baby crying (which just made it all that more eerie). Really looking forward to playing through this.

You walk towards a dead end in that tightrope maze, and a LOUD scream comes right at you. Still scares the crap out of me.

you really are getting me all wet for this game Larry! can't wait to play it now. i totally understand what you're saying about Rockstar and shooting...it was OK with GTA IV, fun with RDR, back to barely enjoyable in LA Noire, and now it seems finally spot-on. that's good news.

I am extremely confident based on the games you have shared over the years that you are going to really like this game. :yes:

And yes, they finally have done shooting right. At least in SP. As far as the MP...

Holy ****. I truly suck at the MP. My K/D Ratio is currently 8/29. I think that is about the worst possible start I have ever had in a MP game. :s Seriously, it is a whole different ballgame, and not sure if I dig it or not yet. Going to keep on playing, but it may very well be for me the SP was the part that shined in the game, the MP, not so sure. I think it could potentially be fun, but really need to get into the whole pace of it all.

EDIT - Played a bit more MP after typing the above, and I definitely got the feel of it a bit more. I do totally admit from changing my firing mode from Free Aim to Soft Lock as well, which obviously makes it a helluva lot easier to play. But was much more enjoyable. Perhaps I need to get used to the whole MP on it, then eventually try out Free Aim mode again. I got up to Rank 4 to unlock the modes I wanted to check out initially, like Gang Wars, but stopped playing before actually being able to check them out. So plan on doing so sometime very soon this weekend. So do enjoy it more than when I first checked it out, and it has the potential to grow on me, or I very well may start playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Have it and have yet to check it out.

Awaiting to release for Steam: Pre order Bonus, All DLC, Max Payne 1 and 2 also we now get LA Noire. Quite a deal.

Damn really? So it includes all future DLC? Hell, the Rockstar Pass for this game is $29.99 on the consoles, that gets you all future DLC, so that is an amazing deal for the PC version. As I said I was really thinking about picking it up for the PC, just feel the combo of KB&M will make the gunplay that much better. Hmmmm. Tempting.

Enjoy either way. (Y)

Damn really? So it includes all future DLC? Hell, the Rockstar Pass for this game is $29.99 on the consoles, that gets you all future DLC, so that is an amazing deal for the PC version. As I said I was really thinking about picking it up for the PC, just feel the combo of KB&M will make the gunplay that much better. Hmmmm. Tempting.

Enjoy either way. (Y)

not future dlc just whats listed below

Classic Multiplayer Character Pack

Contains eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem.

Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack

Includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer.

Pill Bottle Item

This loadout item provides you with the capacity to carry extra painkillers - helping you survive longer amidst the killing fields of online multiplayer.

Max Payne Retro Avatar

Customize your multiplayer avatar with this Classic Max Payne Character inspired by the original Max Payne.

not future dlc just whats listed below

Thanks for the clarification.

As I have shared I am not sold just yet on the MP aspect, which is why I have held off purchasing the r* pass.

My wife has some food shopping to do for memorial day weekend, so about to hop on and give the MP another go. Will see if it grows on me some more in a few hours.

Thanks for the mention regarding the Steam deal :)

... and that's the first time I've seen a PayPal tranaction fail in Steam; it did it twice. :s Anyone else see something similar?

Also worth knowing, The install is quoted at 35gb which is rather large.

Sonic 4 episode 2 'requires' 6 gigs and is actually 1.2. I wouldn't count on those numbers being even remotely reliable.

Awaiting to release for Steam: Pre order Bonus, All DLC, Max Payne 1 and 2 also we now get LA Noire. Quite a deal.

Nice that we're getting LA Noire and the DLC, but I don't see any reference to the Max Payne 1 and 2. Be pretty damn sweet if we do, I just can't see it listed?

Enjoy either way. (Y)

Yeah, I didn't even realize there was a deal when I bought it on steam, I was pleasantly surprised to see the first two games instantly available to download in my steam games list :)

Thanks for the mention regarding the Steam deal :)

... and that's the first time I've seen a PayPal tranaction fail in Steam; it did it twice. :s Anyone else see something similar?

I've had that happen a few times. A couple times because I put just enough money in my paypal account and didn't think about the fact that Steam would ping me for $1 first. Other times Steam was just busy.

Ugh, it's still refusing to take funds from my Paypal account. I've got a balance so a credit card shouldn't be an issue.

Also tried adding funds to the Steam Wallet but that didn't work either.

edit: Nevermind, got it. :D I guess the transaction servers were really jammed up until now; I tried two times at noon, once while I was out on my phone using the Steam app, and a couple of times tonight before it went through.

About Max Payne 1 and 2, plus LA Noire: are the first two games only for people who bought an earlier preorder? The game came up as "Max Payne 3 Pre-order 2(ROW)" so I assume there was an earlier preorder before today. No big deal though; still have the first two games on my PC outside Steam (plus the first game on my mobile devices, heh).

About Max Payne 1 and 2, plus LA Noire: are the first two games only for people who bought an earlier preorder? The game came up as "Max Payne 3 Pre-order 2(ROW)" so I assume there was an earlier preorder before today. No big deal though; still have the first two games on my PC outside Steam (plus the first game on my mobile devices, heh).

to get max payne 1 &2 you had to have pre-ordered before may 15th

Glad you sorted your problem Denis.

And man I love Steam..just opened it today to find LA Noire in my library, even tho I preordered way before this offer. These guys are honest.

Serious ? can we still get this deal ? If yes gonna order it tonight.

Serious ? can we still get this deal ? If yes gonna order it tonight.

not anymore , you still get the pre-order dlc and la noire , max payne 1&2 are no longer available.

:(

Gotta reward early birds somehow I guess :p

I wasn't aware there WAS a preorder on Steam until the last page in this thread!