Girls Commit Suicide in Attempt to Travel Back in Time

ZHANGZHOU, CHINA -- Two young girls have reportedly committed suicide in an attempt to travel back in time.

According to a report by state-owned China Daily, the suicides may have been inspired by a television series about traveling back into the Qing Dynasty.

The girls, both 12, left behind a suicide note in which one girl indicated her death was motivated by dreams of traveling to space and of shooting a film with the emperor of the Qing Dynasty.

According to the newspaper the other girl feared telling her parents that she lost a remote control to the garage door.

I often provoke my mother's unhappiness, and I'm sorry, the China Dailys Chinese version reported the girl as having written in her suicide note.

Both girls drowned themselves in a pond near their homes.

A newspaper in Southeast China conducted an informal survey of elementary school students, finding that 14 of 16 children believed that time travel was possible.

It did not say whether it asked the students if they believed death was the only method through which they could travel in time, according to the Wall Street Journal.

source

That's so sad :cry:

Also, wow, the one girl thinks death is better than going to her parents and face whatever they come up with?

That's some BAD household right there!

Furthermore: I'm waiting for the heartless trolls to roll in... :rolleyes:

Glassed Silver:mac

• Like 2

That is sad. When i was a kid i still knew stuff on TV Shows or cartoons is fiction.

Bad parenting i guess? That poor girl mustve been scared or something? I understand the one who believed it would take her back. But wow.. the other girl? why did she jump the ship?

That is sad. When i was a kid i still knew stuff on TV Shows or cartoons is fiction.

Bad parenting i guess? That poor girl mustve been scared or something? I understand the one who believed it would take her back. But wow.. the other girl? why did she jump the ship?

Her goal probably was to travel time, too.

I think she wanted to escape all the mess by being sometime else...

feared telling her parents that she lost a remote control to the garage door. I often provoke my mother's unhappiness

Sounds like the kind of parent who takes all of their anger out on there kids, such a shame a kid would rather die than tell her parents she lost a remote. :/

The truth is, you can indeed travel thru time, while out-of-body. ;)

I've had one of those before.... They're.... Not fun.

Depends on your Beliefs. ;)

Oh, I believe something happened to me, but the experience was a bit jarring. Lol.

Kids and all people need to learn the truth about life.

And according to you that would be?

(serious question)

While in theory, it is possible to time travel forward, but not backwards. If you are able to travel faster than the speed of light. The longer you continue the more in the future you go. Only ones on the device that is going that fast will see it.

And according to you that would be?

(serious question)

Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

• Like 1

Such a shame to see them die at such a young age. I was suprisied to find that so many people seemed to believe in the idea of time travel as well. Also makes me wonder how that one child was treated by her parents if she's afraid to admit to losing the garage door opener.

With all due respect, but rarely have I seen someone actually misinterpret his/her own words so much like you just did.

You told us about the TRUTH of life. (which might include the meaning of life, but that's at best the biggest fragment of it only)

Furthermore, you linked me to the "meaning of live", which is a generic concept that involves many theories, none of which you specified.

However, I asked for YOUR opinion.

So, I ask again, because I'm genuinely curious what YOUR definition of the truth of life is.

I see how it - as well as the meaning part of it - differs from person to person.

I want YOUR view. :)