• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Did u notice...?

Question

dewy    2

sorry if this is called a flame post if u think so may the mods race to close/delete it

But have u noticed that if you try to go to windows update in a browser other that IE (example: Mozilla Firebird, Operah..) it sais u must be running Internet Explorer to use it or go and manually Search Download from their D/L DB but atlease 1/3 of the patches u d/l from windows update are just patches for IE Exploits and any REAL inportant ones that are for the windows OS itself are like chain mail with people sending the e-mail to every one in their addy book and u don't even have a chane to make it to windows update b4 itis e-mailed to u :D

this is not trying to scare peoples from IE as i am not that kinda person but has any one else noticed this ;)

EDIT: r chaned to are for a ceirtion person who cannot read my short hand :angry:

Edited by dewy

8 answers to this question

AshMan    0

Why don't you type "are" instead of "r". It hardly seems difficult to hit just two extra keys. This isn't SMS!

Saadu    0

I noticed that while giving firebird a try and figured i would still be dependent on IE. Not just that, things like MSN messenger and outlook still give out links to IE even u choose another browser from the priority menu.

I think its the nature of the beast (IE) that it is so much integrated into windows that its hard to eliminate it so better learn to live with it.

All i needed was a decent search OTHER than MSN and a good pop up blocker and google's toolbar is doing that for me.

JimM17    0

i dont get it :huh:

configure    1
Why don't you type "are" instead of "r". It hardly seems difficult to hit just two extra keys. This isn't SMS!

Because he can use "r" instead of "are". :shifty:

Blaise    0

moved to internet..i guess :bink:

mitodna    0
i dont get it :huh:

well he is basiclly expressing himself on the highly intergrated internet browser to Windows.

1/3 patch are basicly to patch IE

edit; i do notice some patch to patch IE bu i dont really count it, i use IE to update Windows to visit one site ony

MozillaFirebird is alot better than IE in term of page loading IMHO. but it doesnt render some site correctly

eg. neowin forum when some post have pictures.

JimM17    0
EDIT: r chaned to are for a ceirtion person who cannot read my short hand :angry:

It wasnt the short hand i was having a problem understanding. ceirtion?

dewy    2
It wasnt the short hand i was having a problem understanding. ceirtion?

it was aimed at AshMan