I find once you tweak the INI file (just like with Borderlands 2...especially with Borderlands 2 lol) since it's a UE game and all, the game does look better overall. I just don't like the art style very much. I don't hate it mind you, I just don't like it a ton. I mean, the art guys did an amazing job with the game, and the architectural stuff sure looks incredible (coming from the guy who did City 17 and all) but the cartoony stuff just ruins it a tad for me.

I still can't seem to go one single encounter without killing anyone though. I must be an idiot or something when it comes to stealth games. I guess my ending won't be as good as someone who goes and doesn't kill a ton of people :p

I still can't seem to go one single encounter without killing anyone though. I must be an idiot or something when it comes to stealth games. I guess my ending won't be as good as someone who goes and doesn't kill a ton of people :p

You have to be patient, and even run from encounters that do get hostile if you mess up and don't want to kill things, I've done 3-4 of the missions with a kill count of 0. Never gotten Ghost on them (do not be spotted), but I have done it without killing a bunch of people. It takes a lot of waiting for people to talk (so they move on), waiting for them to split up, watch where they go so you know when to strike, and using the right powers so you spend less time getting to them and more time quietly taking them out.

I am addicted to this game :shiftyninja:

I have killed almost every single guard in my so-far walkthrough. Can't seem to figure out what to do to avoid it.

I guess it requires a lot of patience, which I don't have.

My ending will surely be chatic :laugh:

Going through the game trying not to kill anyone or be spotted and it's easy as long as you have the patience of a saint, needless to say I've restarted the level many many times just to complete it. :laugh: Playing on harder difficulties helps to make you more edgy as well since the guards can kill you quite easily and being spotted is bound to happen with the heightened senses. First play through was killing everything and everyone :shiftyninja: which was... enjoyable. But also messy and well, a little too easy. I've begun to simply figure out the guard patrols and blinking behind them from cover when they turn to walk towards me.

Keyboard and mouse make this game a lot better and easier to play in my opinion, I was trying it with an Xbox 360 controller and just... no. No. :/

And I don't understand Deranged's arguments for newer versions of DirectX, there is no difference from games made with DirectX 11 from a game play point of view, the game runs great, it looks great, it's not slow by any means. Saying that it isn't a properly developed game because it doesn't support it is nonsense. Do you say all console games aren't properly developed then? Many of the greatest games ever made have been made without the newest versions of DirectX relative to their day, were they not properly developed? Anyways...

Dishonoured is a great game, I like the art style much more than Borderlands. I wish there was a New Game+ feature to the game but I don't mind starting from scratch either so not a big deal. I could really play this game over and over, different ways to play, different routes to take, secrets to find, places to explore. I love the fact there are references to other game series in the game too like Thief for example!

Ah! Guild Wars 2, how you will have to wait for me to return for alas I have fallen in love with another. :( :laugh:

10/10! :D This game is definitely worth buying! (Even if you wait for the game to go on sale because it's not a properly developed DirectX 9.0 game!) :/

- Alera :shiftyninja:

I agree with Alera and applaud Nagisan for his patience! I'm with LOC, i can't help but murder city guards...

as for the technical aspect of it, was thinking Arkane said this was primarily a PC game? playing on a nicely specced PC, everything maxxed, it looks nice, but i'm sure the console version looks 90% the same. this is an Unreal game, which was a let down for me, was expecting a DX11 tour de force. It's ok, still a very good game, with lots of great elements. highly recommended.

Alera, one thing i disagree with you on are the controls...much better with the Xbox controller, tried KB/mouse, just didn't feel intuitive enough, unlike other games.

Alera, one thing i disagree with you on are the controls...much better with the Xbox controller, tried KB/mouse, just didn't feel intuitive enough, unlike other games.

Can't say I have spent much time with the controller, but with 30 something minutes of controller play, I am of the view that mouse/keyboard works better, at least in my opinion

Considering, of course, my biasness against controllers :shiftyninja:

if graphics makes or breaks a game then your not a true gamer anyways. Don't like it don't but it, its your loss not the REAL gamers that play games for story and enjoyment.

Can't say I have spent much time with the controller, but with 30 something minutes of controller play, I am of the view that mouse/keyboard works better, at least in my opinion

Considering, of course, my biasness against controllers :shiftyninja:

im the opposite i use the 360 controller for everything. Even tanking MoP heroics on WoW i use the controller lol. I prefer it to the keyboard mouse.

if graphics makes or breaks a game then your not a true gamer anyways. Don't like it don't but it, its your loss not the REAL gamers that play games for story and enjoyment.

They don't. They just make it a better game...which I am more likely to buy immediately instead of later

The fact that dx9 games play fine in Vista and 7?

If you can find any info saying otherwise anywhere on the internet, fantastic. I can't.

Not what I meant. I was referring to the fact that DX10 games won't run on XP, and since XP isn't listed as a supported OS, it made me believe that the game was DX10 or higher. It has nothing to do with how DX9 games run on Vista/7, and everything to do with how DX10 games WON'T run on XP.

Brilliant fun game.

i started by nont killing anyone... later on, just a couple.. and then every third or forth guard close to the end...

still, i mostly choked them and my chaos lever was ALWAYS low.

if i ever play again i am going in guns blazing!

I had a chance to play the PC version and it's really good. Right away, I saw why this game received such high review scores. I knew from the beginning that it was being made with Unreal Engine 3 so that meant no DX10 support at all. DX11 support was a possibility but even that doesn't work properly (as evidenced by the performance issues with Batman: Arkham City).

We're still in that phase of PC gaming where advancements in image quality aren't being utilized as much as they were in the past. Remember the first time Valve showed off the Source engine? Around that time, a lot of developers made the jump to DX9 and they're still using it now after 8 years. I'd love to see developers use the latest DX11 features like hardware tessellation and better multi-threaded rendering. But, it won't stop me from playing a good game.

Brilliant fun game.

i started by nont killing anyone... later on, just a couple.. and then every third or forth guard close to the end...

still, i mostly choked them and my chaos lever was ALWAYS low.

if i ever play again i am going in guns blazing!

I didn't hold back. If there was guard, and I saw said guard, I killed him. Even iced a few civies i thought looked at me wrong. The only guards I left alone for the most part were the tall boys (the ones in the really tall walker type things).

If I play through again..i will try the non-lethal route to see how the end changes.

DX11 support was a possibility but even that doesn't work properly (as evidenced by the performance issues with Batman: Arkham City).

We're still in that phase of PC gaming where advancements in image quality aren't being utilized as much as they were in the past. Remember the first time Valve showed off the Source engine? Around that time, a lot of developers made the jump to DX9 and they're still using it now after 8 years. I'd love to see developers use the latest DX11 features like hardware tessellation and better multi-threaded rendering.

Those issues were cleared up in a patch. Crysis 2 devs didn't do a fantastic job with it, but that's about the only other example I can think of. All my other DX11 games play fantastic.

Considering there're at least three major DX11 games yet to release this year I'd be shocked if most games didn't support it next year (especially towards the end) but I guess we'll see.

Not what I meant. I was referring to the fact that DX10 games won't run on XP, and since XP isn't listed as a supported OS, it made me believe that the game was DX10 or higher. It has nothing to do with how DX9 games run on Vista/7, and everything to do with how DX10 games WON'T run on XP.

I know, it's goofy. It's not the only game that's done it though. Quantum Conundrum is Windows 7 only and dx9.

How can it be DX9 if it won't work under XP? Minimum requirements are Vista and 7, which leads me to believe it would have to be DX10, unless there's something I'm missing.

Dx9 because they code for the lowest common denominator and that denominator are the consoles, which only support Dx9 (or equivalent). This is the main source of hate for consoles from PC gamers as well I might add, consoles are holding back PC games in this regard.

EDIT: Of cause not everyone does this, I mean a good developer will take advantage of the different hardware the game runs on. However, alot are lazy and just code for the one that will make the most money (which is consoles is most cases) and then port it to the other platforms.

I am sad that the game doesn't look better :/ . It looks like I'm running around a TF2 map texture wise; fun gameplay, which is what matters - but definitely didn't max out the tech for even us console users...

Considering this is only the studios fourth game release. The prior three being two games that were okay, Bioshock being the other, but they only did the design on, has a lot to do with the graphics, use of DX9, compatibility and relative ease of porting to consoles. Money, money, money.

I am sure with the success of this game, and revenue it brings in, they will step forward if they decide to make a Dishonored II, and up the graphics, game engine and all that good stuff. Which hopefully doesn't devalue the gameplay.

That said, I went over to my brothers who rented this, and I checked it out. So I got me a copy on PC. Got through the first mission undetected but I failed to get ghost cause apparently one unconscious body was spotted. No idea how, I hid them all very well and it took me about an hour and a half to do the mission by waiting patiently. Really irked me that I didn't get ghost. I almost want to do it again, but that just took way to much time.

Fun game though, from what I have seen so far. I'm not sure that it lives up to the reviews and hype it is getting, but if you have extra cash, I'd recommend checking it out, or waiting for a price drop.

Also, it is touted as steampunk... But everything runs on whale oil... Which means it is not steampunk. But I get it, with the "steampunk" vibe and all. :p

Getting kind of angry now. Did the second mission, which took about 2 hours of utter patience. I know I made a mistake a guard saw a body, so I knew I wouldn't get ghost. But at the end, it said I killed 1 hostile. And that aggravates the hell out of me cause I know for a fact I didn't kill anyone at all. Seems this games detection system is slightly out of whack. I didn't spend two hours not killing everyone just to have it ruined by the game saying I killed one. :angry:

Anyway, this made me laugh:

Floatinngggg Whallleee

6DE73A9E0EBF4B8B8E26179CA5AD8B598A27E0D5

Well, there's a couple ways I've killed enemies without noticing;

One is putting them to sleep and them falling into water from which they drown.

The other isn't as obvious;

It's choking a guy on on a slope or on stairs.. I've seen it where it kills them as they slide down.

I haven't checked but tossing a body into a wall while asleep may also do it.

Really fun so far and graphics are just awesome ! Playing on 1900x1080 res with antialiasing/shadows turned off and my old rig is grinding through this with no frame rate stuttering or tearing.

I am sad that the game doesn't look better :/ . It looks like I'm running around a TF2 map texture wise; fun gameplay, which is what matters - but definitely didn't max out the tech for even us console users...

While there are aspects on the game that are TF2-like in their appearance that's far from representative of the game. The game has very good graphics overall, though it would have benefited from higher resolution textures and hardware tessellation. I certainly don't fault them considering the scope of the game. Dishonored never intended to push the envelope graphically but I'd say it's up there with the best of modern games.

CE3B59058B20F05BD52CCCF3657612F551BDD4AB

2444B0E219F482F8F63D3625AE34BC1C2215259D

EA6F7D1A48B76ECE0FBCDFB17CABD922909A436D

• Like 1

Bethesda has announced Dishonored DLC.

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials releases in December for ?3.99 / ?4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

It includes 10 challenge maps each with 10 distinct trials designed to test your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These trials include an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, drop assassinations and a race against the clock. There are new achievements and trophies and a global online leaderboard.

That's the first DLC. The second and third add-ons will launch in 2013 simultaneously on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and each features a story-driven campaign.

Daud, the leader of a group of supernatural assassins known as 'The Whalers', is at the centre of the second DLC, due early spring 2013. Expect new Dunwall locales and Daud's own set of weapons, powers and gadgets. Bethesda described it as a "story-driven" campaign. How you play and the choices you make impact the final outcome, it said.

The third DLC remains under wraps. An image of the Dunwall City Trials, called Bend Time Massacre, is below.

600x-1