Xperia Neo L: First ICS phone by Sony

Sony has officially unveiled its first smartphone to come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from day one: the Xperia Neo L MT25i, announced earlier today in China.

As its name suggests, the Xperia Neo L is the successor to the Neo and Neo V (which were introduced last year running Android 2.3 Gingerbread), although it doesn?t bring major hardware enhancements.

The new Neo L looks quite nice (in both black, and white), weighs 131.5 grams, and measures 121 ? 61.1 ?12.2 mm ? so it?s not among the slimmest handsets around. Apart from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the device features a 4 inch FWVGA (854 x 480) display, HSDPA, 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 720p video recording, VGA front-facing camera, 512MB of RAM, single-core 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 CPU, 1GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support (up to 32GB), and a 1,500 mAh battery.

Sony-Xperia-Neo-L-Android-40-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-official.jpgSony-Xperia-Neo-L-Android-40-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-official-2.jpg

For the moment, we don?t know if the Sony Xperia Neo L is a China-only handset, or if it will make it to other markets, too. The phone?s price and exact release date are also unknown.

Sony?s other new Xperias introduced this year ? the Xperia Ion, Xperia S, Xperia P, Xperia U, and Xperia Sola ? are all running Android Gingerbread. However, they will receive updates to ICS before the end of 2012.

Source

Certainly strange to add in the hardware buttons, as the other 2012 handsets from Sony haven't bothered with them. Still awaiting news on the ICS update to my Xperia S. Can see me going the unlocked bootloader and CM9 route if that comes first. Would prefer a stock experience anyway.

Pretty mediocre crap in terms of specs and looks pretty hideous. Way to keep it up Sony.

Specs aren't horrendous for what is probably to be a low-mid range phone, this isn't an Xperia S/P/U, those are the higher end of the Xperia range.

• Like 1