S Club 7 'reuniting in summer for tour, two albums'

S Club 7 'reuniting in summer for tour, two albums'

S Club 7 have reportedly secured a seven-figure deal to reunite later this year.

The 'Reach' group are said to be planning a series of UK gigs in the summer, as well as the possibility of releasing two albums, including a new Greatest Hits collection

The group consisting of Hannah Spearritt, Paul Cattermole, Jo O'Meara, Rachel Stevens, Tina Barrett, Jon Lee and Bradley McIntosh have reportedly decided to reunite to coincide with landmarks events in the UK this summer, such as the Olympics and Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.

"The guys have been inundated with approaches and offers over the past three years, but always said no," a source told The Mirror.

"But following a series of talks and meetings, they decided to go for it. What with the Olympics coming up and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert, there's a real British feel-good factor at the moment."

The insider added: "The band figured it was a case of now or never. And if the gigs go well there is the option to release a new album, plus a Greatest Hits.

"Everyone is really excited - and frantically getting back in shape".

S Club 7 were rumoured to be planning a comeback - including a new TV show - late last year.

Digital Spy users voted S Club 7 as their most wanted group to reform following other high-profile acts on the comeback trail.

Steps made their own comeback last year to great success - including a number one album and announcement of a UK tour.

S Club 7 achieved four UK number one singles, a number one album and over 17 million record sales worldwide during their five-year stint.

Source: digital spy

I understand reunions for certain groups (Take That) because they were huge back in the day. Now it seems a trend for groups to get back together on a TV show and then do some tour and greatest hits CD. Problem is, the groups doing this were never that popular back then.

Greatest hits CD: Purpose served - remind everyone about the group and include 1 new single for them to talk about how it was "great to get back into the studio". Keeps record company happy with something to sell.

Tour: Artists make more money from touring than anything else.

Let's not forget: Joe is a massive racist, just as everyone has forgotten that Cheryl Cole is.

Yay! S cluuuuuub! Aint no party like an sclub party!

I want s.o.a.p to come back and STEPS to come back and play to come back and mr president to come back... But not the spice hags... Lmao

Im 27 and I still love em. I also listen to anything electronica except dubstep. I mostly like trance but I occasioally get a sugar pop kick. I also love the SAIFAM remakes to the older BSB songs.

They did a really good job and the Factory Team remixes are aweessoommee!

For a good sampling of what I really like listen to the future trance, trance voices, dream dance, trance the vocal sessions, a state of trance, pmping trance, clubland xtreme hardcore, ultimate nrg, and hard dance mania.

Music purists,**** me off tho. They bitch about too much and dont just enjoy some cool songs. Its mostly the serious metalheads that do. or the people that only like music made before 1980. Those people can go eat at golden corral.